Gateway XHD3000 - 30" Widescreen Extreme HD Display

So is everyone who owns this monitor experiencing the blackout issue, and if so does it make you wish you had purchased a different monitor?

No blackouts, and i would never trade for any other equivalent monitor in price or size

Sounds like what i wanted to hear, i'm just gonna have to wait on getting it for a few months though cause they just raised the price back up to $1,700. Ohh well guess i'll have to get the 790i Ultra mobo, 8 gigs patriot ddr3 ram, and one of the new gen video cards 4870x2/9900gtx when they come out : D.

I think this has been answered before but what are the viewing angles like, and is there a major color shift as u adjust angles?

No color shifts at all...it's amazing. View from top, bottom, sides all stay the same, almost like looking at a physical picture. Just got this at Fry's a couple of days ago and am very happy with it. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed at the sides or corners, beautiful picture.

Definitely has lag when you turn on scaling and drive in less than 2560x1600, but goes away when you run 1:1 driving it with 2560x1600. For some reason, though, I can't get my 8800 card to stick in scaling mode on the card so that I'm always driving it with 2560x1600 for games that use lower res. The NVidia control panel just keeps moving back to "Use my display's built-in scaling" vs "Use NVidia scaling". Used to work ok before I got this monitor.

Is that the blackout that everyone talks about that happened during the COD4 gameplay?

How often this blackout happens, is that a very bothering problem ? Is it possilble that in the newer versions of xhd3000 there are no blackouts ?

For my display, the blackout is pretty predictable. It happens one time, usually within a few seconds or minutes after the display is woken. I've never seen the blackout occur a second time after waking up.
Being so predicatable is probably why it doesn't really bother me.
I use only the DVI input for now. Perhaps someone who uses the other inputs can comment on blackout.

How often this blackout happens, is that a very bothering problem ? Is it possilble that in the newer versions of xhd3000 there are no blackouts ?
Personally I found it to happen only when using extremely high resolutions ingame. my consoles are not effected by the blackouts. Also my monitor is a month old so yeah they haven't fixed it.

I'm thinking it's probably DVI related as Glimmerman eluded to. Try using a DVI to HDMI cord test for us would one of you?

I'm thinking it's probably DVI related as Glimmerman eluded to. Try using a DVI to HDMI cord test for us would one of you?

I ran my display at lower resolution (1680x1050) for two days now. No blackouts at all. So it seems the blackout affects only very high resolution, as unrealsword had mentioned.

I wonder: is there any way to turn of the scaler?

Yes, when displaying lower resolution, you can go into the Video Scaling menu and select 1:1

I ran my display at lower resolution (1680x1050) for two days now. No blackouts at all. So it seems the blackout affects only very high resolution, as unrealsword had mentioned.

Yes, when displaying lower resolution, you can go into the Video Scaling menu and select 1:1
1:1 doesn't seem to turn the scaler off. I get the same input lag that is there when I use a lower res in widescreen mode.

Are games playable with that amount of input lag ,how does it looks for pc and how for xbox360?

My current 8800GT is working hard to push 1920x1200.... I can only imagine that it require a SLI or CF setup to play games at 2560x1600 with more than 30-40 FPS....

I've seen the XHD3000 in action, it's very nice! But the price is too high for me.

My current 8800GT is working hard to push 1920x1200.... I can only imagine that it require a SLI or CF setup to play games at 2560x1600 with more than 30-40 FPS....
Which games in particular? I have a 30" display and looking to upgrade to a 8800GT or 9800GTX, but would much rather have a single slot card.

Got this monitor and love it. However, Vista 32-bit only sees it as a generic Pnp Monitor. As such, as least one of my games won't offer 2560x1600 resolution... even though the game supports it. I've looked at the Gateway website and called them and they state they do not offer a monitor driver.

Edit: Hmmm.. just found this, "The correct driver for Gateway monitors is the Generic Plug and Play driver."

Any suggestions or work arounds to get games to allow 2560x1600 resolution if they don't like seeing Generic Plug and Play driver.

Got this monitor and love it. However, Vista 32-bit only sees it as a generic Pnp Monitor. As such, as least one of my games won't offer 2560x1600 resolution... even though the game supports it. I've looked at the Gateway website and called them and they state they do not offer a monitor driver.

Edit: Hmmm.. just found this, "The correct driver for Gateway monitors is the Generic Plug and Play driver."

Any suggestions or work arounds to get games to allow 2560x1600 resolution if they don't like seeing Generic Plug and Play driver.

I have the same issue with Crysis and 64 bit Vista

So about scaling... anyone try to do 1:1 and see if scaling turns off? IT doesnt for me.

OK, so I ran some experiments based on your question. With the scaling on, running full res at 2560x1600 does not have lag while lower resolutions clearly do. Just moving my mouse in windows with this lag bugs me.

When 1:1 mode is on, I also still get lag at lower resolutions than 2560x1600 even though it's not really scaling the image up. I tried several resolutions from 800x600 up to 1920x1200 and there is lag. This is very unfortunate...I thought I would be able to do this later if needed (so far haven't needed it yet.)

I do not think games are playable when this level of lag is present, so unless you run 2560x1600, no matter what you have scaling set to it appears there is lag that I do not find acceptable for games. Lag in 2560x1600 is non-existent for me at least in any mode. So if you are able to get something to scale the image externally to 2560x1600 or can set your graphics card to do the scaling for you instead of the monitor, then that will fix the problem.

So if you are able to get something to scale the image externally to 2560x1600 or can set your graphics card to do the scaling for you instead of the monitor, then that will fix the problem.

Playing in windowed mode also seem fix the problem.

I have lost the ability to adjust settings such as contrast, color etc. using the monitor menu. It seems the Nvidia control panel has hi-jacked the adjustments. I tried uninstalling and re-installing EZtune, but no difference.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I can't get anywhere with Gateway support :( I get things like 'our monitor is not compatible with your computer, we can only help you if you have a Gateway computer hooked up to a Gateway monitor'. /sigh

I have lost the ability to adjust settings such as contrast, color etc. using the monitor menu. It seems the Nvidia control panel has hi-jacked the adjustments. I tried uninstalling and re-installing EZtune, but no difference.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I can't get anywhere with Gateway support :( I get things like 'our monitor is not compatible with your computer, we can only help you if you have a Gateway computer hooked up to a Gateway monitor'. /sigh

i feel your pain...from time to time i lose ez tune. many trips to gw support.

what sometimes works for me is turning off the computer, unplugging the monitor power at the wall, than re-plugging the monitor before turning on the computer again to re-establish ez tune connection.

There are open box XHD3000s at NewEgg for 1099. I bought one! Ahhhhhh! I hope they include the remote

Nvidia scaling is broken and when I had the 9800gx2 running in windowed mode caused my fps to be super duper low for some reason. I'm getting the gtx280 soon and I hope windowed mode will work better (vista 64)

I've checked a number of different forums, and it seems that the fact that Gateway does not provide a driver for the XHD3000 causes problems with certain games. Is it at all possible to use another 30-inch monitor driver such as Dell's to make it work?

Hello,
I,ve been using this monitor for about 3 months now. No issues, no defects, no problems. I haven't had any speakers hooked up to the audio outputs till this week. In anticipation to heeking up an Xbox, I hooked up the audio output to some speakers. WELL, when you turn on the monitor from being put to sleep there is this incredibly obnoxious LOUD tone/melody that now emanates from the speakers every time you wake it up. If you forget to turn off the speakers, it blows you out of the room.

I've looked in the menu's and can't find anything to do with it. I have Klipsch Speakers and it plugs into the IPOD input directly into the speakers, that ,may be why it is SO LOUD. I just want it off.
Anyone know how to do this?

Hello,
I,ve been using this monitor for about 3 months now. No issues, no defects, no problems. I haven't had any speakers hooked up to the audio outputs till this week. In anticipation to heeking up an Xbox, I hooked up the audio output to some speakers. WELL, when you turn on the monitor from being put to sleep there is this incredibly obnoxious LOUD tone/melody that now emanates from the speakers every time you wake it up. If you forget to turn off the speakers, it blows you out of the room.

I've looked in the menu's and can't find anything to do with it. I have Klipsch Speakers and it plugs into the IPOD input directly into the speakers, that ,may be why it is SO LOUD. I just want it off.
Anyone know how to do this?

you could mute the sound with your remote before you turn it off.

Back