Gateway XHD3000 - 30" Widescreen Extreme HD Display

depends on what you primarily do....gaming? multi-tasking?

I <3 this monitor, I tried a 32" 1080p, 37" 1080p, 40" 1080p, 42" 1080p, and finally 46" 1080p

....long story short, I kept the 46" as a primary movie watching and for my HTPC, got a 30" b/c you can't beat the multi-tasking capabilities...ie. love watching a 720p movie, surfing the web, and ripping files + other windows open...all on the same monitor

depends on what you primarily do....gaming? multi-tasking?

I <3 this monitor, I tried a 32" 1080p, 37" 1080p, 40" 1080p, 42" 1080p, and finally 46" 1080p

....long story short, I kept the 46" as a primary movie watching and for my HTPC, got a 30" b/c you can't beat the multi-tasking capabilities...ie. love watching a 720p movie, surfing the web, and ripping files + other windows open...all on the same monitor

I've been over this in this thread earlier.

Safest thing, get a Laptop and jack into the westy and see if ya like it. I wouldn't.

I use TV's for TV's

I use Monitors for Monitors and TV's.

The Beauty of the 3000 is all the Inputs and PIP. Big desktop with TV in a PIP. TV Fullscreen. Whatever. Doing my Email, a Spreadsheet, or Photoshop on a TV would drive me insane.

Now a 37, 42, or 46 Monitor. I'd be interested in seeing that!

YMMV. I use my Monitor as a Desktop 99% of the time. If you watch TV and Low Rez game a lot, then it would be different for you.

2560x1600 Gaming, I LIKE IT!!!!

2560x1600 Desktop, I LIKE IT EVEN MORE!!!!

I primarily do gaming on it.

but i do like the idea of having all that extra screen real-estate.

and ive currently got one of the gateway FPD2275W's and i love the PIP feature and all the inputs of it.

which is why i think it'd be great.

will my HD4870 1gb handle the 2560x1600 res alright in games, like combat arms, and left 4 dead and all that other stuff?

i mean, im sure it should run all at high settings, but 0x AA, maybe 2xAA at the most.

i might get a second 4870 1gb if the single one isn't sufficient for it.

Regarding ordering it from J&R...the 3 year warranty in total cost 158 (69.99+89.99)...the 89 is for screen damage and the 69, is a base warranty..IN order to get the screen damage protection, you MUST get the 69.99..

For an additional 3 years, do you guys think the extra warranty is worth the price point?

It's been awhile since I've read this thread, not since I sold my XHD3000 due to the horrid input lag.

That still a problem with this display? It was freaking sweet though! CoD4 at 2560x1600 was orgasmic!

well, it looks like im going to put my money down on this monitor come christmas time.

seeing how buy.com doesnt have the amazing deal on the 37" westy anymore, i think this would be the perfect monitor to replace my 22" FPD2275w :)

wish me luck, ill report back after christmas :p

i love my xhd3000, but the intermittent "black outs" are annoying. has anyone else been having these black outs? any fixes out there?

i would think about exchanging it, but the issue seems uniform across the board.

well, it looks like im going to put my money down on this monitor come christmas time.

seeing how buy.com doesnt have the amazing deal on the 37" westy anymore, i think this would be the perfect monitor to replace my 22" FPD2275w :)

wish me luck, ill report back after christmas :p

you think the price right now will stay till xmas? :p

ok I fiannly recived my montor today
manufacturing date on it is Jan. 2008
they sent everything in the package new speaker bar new power supply new cords etc..

so now I have everything doubled for free but one monitor

i love my xhd3000, but the intermittent "black outs" are annoying. has anyone else been having these black outs? any fixes out there?

i would think about exchanging it, but the issue seems uniform across the board.

I only get the black outs when I first boot up the screen, imho, I believe the lcd is just "warming up" b/c after that initial black out, it does not occur when I game/ leave it on for the rest of the night/morning

do any of you guys with this monitor play left4dead, cod4, or any other FPS games?

is the input lag really THAT BAD ? bad enough to affect gameplay? now i'm not a pro gam0r or anyhting, but I do think that obvious lag would be aggravating as hell.

I'm considering this XHD3000 versus the Samsung 305T for a nice xmas gift for myself. I've found the 305T for as low as 999 on ebay new with cashback. xhd3000 is still 1099 @ J&R with free shipping.

decisions decision...

I've played L4D since the Demo, CSS, I spend an estimated 2-3 hrs playing 5 days/week and I haven't noticed any kind of input lag...

headshots on zombies, rushed by the horde, raped by the hunter, and getting pummeled by the tank @ 2560 x 1600 is seriously a jaw dropping experience

do any of you guys with this monitor play left4dead, cod4, or any other FPS games?

is the input lag really THAT BAD ? bad enough to affect gameplay? now i'm not a pro gam0r or anyhting, but I do think that obvious lag would be aggravating as hell.

I'm considering this XHD3000 versus the Samsung 305T for a nice xmas gift for myself. I've found the 305T for as low as 999 on ebay new with cashback. xhd3000 is still 1099 @ J&R with free shipping.

decisions decision...
Get the Gateway. From what I understand, it uses the same panel as the 305T and has all these great inputs. I bought mine from J&R for $1099. I absolutely love it.

I've played L4D since the Demo, CSS, I spend an estimated 2-3 hrs playing 5 days/week and I haven't noticed any kind of input lag...

headshots on zombies, rushed by the horde, raped by the hunter, and getting pummeled by the tank @ 2560 x 1600 is seriously a jaw dropping experience

Get the Gateway. From what I understand, it uses the same panel as the 305T and has all these great inputs. I bought mine from J&R for $1099. I absolutely love it.

I think you guys just sold me. Newegg even has it for 999 right now (the xhd3000).

I think you guys just sold me. Newegg even has it for 999 right now (the xhd3000).
I love the Egg, but strongly advise you to get it from J&R. J&R is much easier to deal with when it comes to returns, if necessary. Newegg has a lot of restrictions regarding returns on big items like LCDs, whereas J&R is "no questions asked." When you add the shipping charge, Newegg's price ends up being only about $50 less than J&R's.

Thanks wolf, I had noticed this earlier when looking at newegg's LCD policy. I'm in contact now with a rep from J&R asking for more info about their LCD return policy.

I'm so amped about the idea of getting this soon. Do you think now is the best time to drop? It seems as if not that long ago this monitor was running ~1800. Any price increase/drop before xmas ?

I'd be surprised if the price came down any further after this $600 drop. I say get it now. My guess is that Gateway has a new 30" on the way and they're clearing inventory before releasing it.

I been following the Gateway XHD3000 MSRP price since it came out in late 2007, it started at $1699, then dropped to $1599, and recently dropped to $1299 MSRP...in compression, retailers have priced them for $1699, then $1599, then $1100, then $999,,,,My Guess they will continue to reduce the price when sales slow down, and hold on to the price when sales pick up again, till gateway run out of its stock, and 'maybe' introduce a new unit with the new 'display port' and a lower msrp price....I think the price will still drop further with time, my expectation for the GATEWAY XHD3000 is to hit $600-800 in 2009...

I been following the Gateway XHD3000 MSRP price since it came out in late 2007, it started at $1699, then dropped to $1599, and recently dropped to $1299 MSRP...in compression, retailers have priced them for $1699, then $1599, then $1100, then $999,,,,My Guess they will continue to reduce the price when sales slow down, and hold on to the price when sales pick up again, till gateway run out of its stock, and 'maybe' introduce a new unit with the new 'display port' and a lower msrp price....I think the price will still drop further with time, my expectation for the GATEWAY XHD3000 is to hit $600-800 in 2009...

Hope you're right, I need a Dual Head ;-)

J&R just dropped the price to $950(lowest price on the net, 11/28/2008), Grab yours before they are ALL Gone!

thanks I just picked up a second one of these really fine panels for our office. We own Dell and HP 30 inch panels also but I like the Gateway better than the Dell 3008 for when I need multiple inputs and a scaler.

Guys,

I like the cost of this 30" monitor by gateway. That said, I'm worried about the input lag. I will use this monitor at its Native Resolution of 25601600 when gaming. My question is, if I use the native resolution when gaming when I still have an input lag problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

from what i've read today guy,

i don't think that you'll experience the haggard input lag running at native on the gateway. i'm also considering this, but am leaning more to the dell 3007wfp or the HP LP3065. I only have an 8800GT in my rig right now, so the idea of having to do a massive gfx upgrade to play at native resolutions is kind of off-putting.

0 input lag at native rez, i dont feel any input lag at 1600x1200, i do at 1920x1200

My screen was made March 2008.

Some pics here.

I just ordered this Mafuca to replace my Dell 2405FPW . I ordered from Newegg as Ive had awesome experiences over 6 years of ordering from them, they have never let me down.

I have loved this 2405FPW for many moons but have lusted after a 30" disply for some time. I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a 3008 From Dell but the cost was shying me away.

I had previously bought the Gateway 24" Glossy one as I love Glossy screens, but it took me all of an hour with it to return the thing. No way could I ever go back to a TN panel.. the viewing angles are HIDEOUS.

The 2405 has a PVA panel and I have enjoyed it greatly.. I am hoping that I like this Gateway .... I have my fingers crosses as a I am extremely picky about display quality!

I just ordered this Mafuca to replace my Dell 2405FPW . I ordered from Newegg as Ive had awesome experiences over 6 years of ordering from them, they have never let me down.

I have loved this 2405FPW for many moons but have lusted after a 30" disply for some time. I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a 3008 From Dell but the cost was shying me away.

I had previously bought the Gateway 24" Glossy one as I love Glossy screens, but it took me all of an hour with it to return the thing. No way could I ever go back to a TN panel.. the viewing angles are HIDEOUS.

The 2405 has a PVA panel and I have enjoyed it greatly.. I am hoping that I like this Gateway .... I have my fingers crosses as a I am extremely picky about display quality!
This Mamaluke spelled Mafuka wrong...

I'm considering getting this monitor from JR, but am a bit confused with the warranty options.

I noticed two 3-year warranties that appear to be identical in description and the only differences i could find are the item # and the price.

Repair Master A-RMSP3 3-Year Screen Damage Protection Warranty Service Plan - $89.99

and

Repair Master A-RMSCP3 3-Year Screen Damage Protection Warranty Service Plan - $154.99

Anyone know what the difference is? Ideally, I would like to go with the cheaper one, but also don't want to be left unprotected.

Thanks,

JD

Anyone found this monitor somewhere in canada for less than 1400$???

The exchange rate converter say 1000$ US should equal 1250 or so as of today, is there a place in canada that will sell this for around 1250?

Will J&R in New York not ship to Canada?

Also, this monitor just dropped to 899 again at J&R. I ordered two days ago and the sales rep i've been working with adjusted the price in about 2 minutes. Great customer service here so far.

Hmm maybe i'll check that. Hopefully they have more choice than UPS for shipping because they suck at imports and it end up having very high fees.

Edit-- Well it look like it would cost around 195$ US shipping from J&R for a total of 1,095.49USD with the exchange rate that would end up around 1375$Can so at this point id rather go with a canadian store.

I'll wait and hope the Can$ go back 1:1 with the USD and then it would be worth it.

Thank you anyway for you help.

I just called JR, I paid $950 for my xhd3000 on 11/28/2008 but I have not recived it yet, I asked them to match today's price for $900, which they did!!!.....

Hmm maybe i'll check that. Hopefully they have more choice than UPS for shipping because they suck at imports and it end up having very high fees.

Edit-- Well it look like it would cost around 195$ US shipping from J&R for a total of 1,095.49USD with the exchange rate that would end up around 1375$Can so at this point id rather go with a canadian store.

I'll wait and hope the Can$ go back 1:1 with the USD and then it would be worth it.

Thank you anyway for you help.

NCIX has it for $1199 CDN: http://www.ncix.com/products/index....0H-BN&manufacture=LG Electronics&promoid=1034

That's not the Gateway XHD3000 that's the LG W3000H-BN

That's not even comparable. What i like about the gateway monitor is the awesome number of inputs and superb upconversion of sources with resolution other than 2560x1600 cause I want to use it with my PC / PS3 / DVD / TV.

I just placed an order for an XHD3000 after doing much research. I got it from J and R since they dropped the price to $899. You can go through and get 7% cashback via Live search as well to make the deal even sweeter. No tax, but I did have to pay for shipping.

WTF?!?! I just picked one up from J&R earlier this week and it was $999! I gotta call these folks and see if I can get that $100 back.

It's a great monitor! Beautiful picture after running the calibration utility. You can control the monitor from the PC, the remote can be programmed along with fully controlling the display. Gaming is incredible on this thing! I received a perfect panel, no dead pixels, even backlighting, just a tad more light in the corners and you have to look for it. Scaling is great for 720p and up. I hooked up my PS3 to this and it's great. The monitor passes the 5.1 audio from the HDMI to my receiver. I do have to get a VESA arm for it since the base does not have height adjustment. The input lag seems to vary depending on the resolution that needs to be scaled. I noticed it the least when running 1920x1200 from the PC. I love this monitor!

Well. . they just dropped the price today as it was still sitting at $999 last night. I couldn't bring myself to buy it last night and went to bed thinking that if it was $100 cheaper, I'd probably buy it. Guess my wish came true. . .now if only it worked like that when I played Lotto.

J&R are pretty good about price adjustments so you shouldn't have any problems getting the money back. I did speak with a corporate salesperson as well and he indicated that the $899 price is only $33 above cost so I don't think the price will drop much further. . .that is if you believe what the rep said.

Back