Gateway FHD2400

If the box didn't contain it, then you need to locate one and connect it between your monitor and computer, otherwise you won't get any USB device working when hooked up to your monitor.

so any usb cord thats connected from a usb on my pc to the monitor?

well that answers that. thanks apollo ... now would you be nice enough to help me find the tdx speaker bar :D

might have to get it directly through gateway.

well that answers that. thanks apollo ... now would you be nice enough to help me find the tdx speaker bar :D
I wish I could, but I don't have the monitor. Was it supposed to come in the box or did you purchase it as an option?

I wish I could, but I don't have the monitor. Was it supposed to come in the box or did you purchase it as an option?

its an optional thing ... i cant find it anywhere.

all i see is this one (which wont work with this monitor, i know because i have it here next to me about to be returned tomorrow).

This one im looking for is supposed to slide on i think. Not bolted

im using component for my xbox 360, does anyone know if i can set the monitor to 1080i or 720p?

man im just asking all these questions :)

Another question i have is how do i get sound from my xbox 360 ?

i have the red/blue/green plugged into the component but the white/yellow/red just hanging loose..... keep in mind that im still looking for a speaker bar and i dont have any sound card besides the one on my mobo.

Help?

i want to atleast hear sound in my headphones

its an optional thing ... i cant find it anywhere.

all i see is this one (which wont work with this monitor, i know because i have it here next to me about to be returned tomorrow).
Well, I can't see what you're referring to, but if it was an optional component I imagine it should have been in its own box. If you purchased it from a store, just go back to them and inquire about it. If you got it delivered, the part must have been shipped separately. I wish I could help you out more but without owning the actual device I can only offer possibilities.

oh its a glossy screen? oh thats just kills it for me. my mum has laptop with a glossy screen and the reflections make me wanna kill myself. looks like the 245bw for me then. :(

yes im loving the glossy screen.

I got my monitor from bestbuy and the speaker they have is for the fpd245w so im returning it tomorrow ... sad thing is that i dont trust anyone there. Id take my chances researching stuff here and end up knowing more or just as much as they do. Its sad, is it just my local store that sucks?

Dont get me wrong i asked ... its just they dont know what im talking about. If they input a sku# and cant find it ... its like a dead end. LOL im sure some of you know what i mean.

I got my monitor from bestbuy and the speaker they have is for the fpd245w so im returning it tomorrow ....
Didn't someone mention earlier in this thread (or was it the other thread?) that the new speaker bar specifically for this monitor hasn't been released yet? I believe it hasn't, and if not you will probably have to wait. At least you can just return the one you got with the display tomorrow.

I was looking at this monitor today at Fry's and wow, it does look really nice. I'll probably get this in the next few weeks unless I find a 24" that looks as nice and will game as well as this one. Then it will be a rough choice! They had this monitor next to the LG, BenQ, and Samsung 24" monitors and to me and my girlfriend the Gateway had the best looking picture. After reading this thread I really want it! :D

I play a lot of music/rhythm games (Beatmania IIDX, DDR, etc.) on my PS2. and I've read that LCDs are terrible for timing-sensitive games. Is the fhd2400 any different since it has a 3ms response time?

Hey, check out the link to this Youtube video. Link to video was originally posted by Scyles in this thread.

YouTube video of Gateway Monitor

For those of you that have this monitor, does yours do that or is the video somehow misleading? If it really is that bad I can mark the FHD2400 off my list of possibilities.

I just picked up a FHD2400 from best buy. Great looking monitor.. only thing i am somewhat disappointed in is lack of detail in very dark black scenes. Other then that, everything looks nice to me. Still have 29 days to decide if it's a keeper :)

I bought this monitor over the weekend to use with XBOX 360 - (coming from an NEC 20WMGX2.)

Black level contrast is nonexistent in games and I returned it, I adjusted Brightness, Contrast, Gama and every color option and tried with straight on viewing angle, HDMI, DVI adn VGA. The colors are very vibrant and it looks great with Windows, browsing etc. but after using the NEC monitor - I notice what is missing in black levels / contrast and it is not even close.

Guess I'll wait on the NEC 24WMGX2.....

You had better confirm... I was returning my Hann-s G 28in tonight and I swore it said 14days for monitors... wasn't sure

i asked the guy prior to asking for one.. i hope he is right. in any case, i'll be sure to evaluate before 14 days is up! I really like everything about the monitor but the lack of detail in blacks... but that might be enough to make me return... unless i can adjust it better. I have some playing around to do.

think i might have some backlight bleeding?? when looking at an all black screen i see some grayish areas around the sides/bottom/top/corners basicly all around. Maybe im not used to a cn panel? or what but its very noticeable when looking at the screen even from far away?

what do you guys think? anyone else notice this?
Do any of you keep speakers by your monitor? that shouldnt cause anything will it?

what makes this one better than the samsung 245BW? after rebate the 245bw is $100 less.

The Samsung doesn't have the inputs the Gateway has.

On the note of backlight bleed. I have a FHD2400, and I noticed I had backlight bleed on all sides of the monitor. I don't pay it much attention. I use "Web" color preset brightness 0 and contrast 50. That stops the bleed for the most part.

besides that. i dont care about other inputs. this will be strictly for gaming, using DVI.

The Samsung doesn't have the inputs the Gateway has.

On the note of backlight bleed. I have a FHD2400, and I noticed I had backlight bleed on all sides of the monitor. I don't pay it much attention. I use "Web" color preset brightness 0 and contrast 50. That stops the bleed for the most part.

I have that too, I was wondering if that's typical on these sorta' panel(s)?

well im going to go buy another fhd2400 just to compare the two, bb at my location doesnt have them on diplay so who knows i might take one back or just keep both. Honestly i think its the cn panel because when i look at the screen in different angles the whole screen looks like the color of the sides.

Question though, can a 7900gtx handle 2 monitors at once? what program do you use?
also when having one in normal mode and another monitor in portrait mode, how does that look? as far as the background and are you able to use the whole screen in portrait mode when in this set up?

Know what the funny thing is, this monitor is fairly new but why doesnt gateway.com carry it? kinda scares me.

Which monitors right now or soon to come have just about the same specs as this one? anyone know?

P1010016.jpg

heres a great example but not as bad as seen in this thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1230065

on the hanns-g hg281

oh my badd ....

funny thing is how i was on the phone with a sales rep and they didnt even know what i was talking about lol.

i asked the guy prior to asking for one.. i hope he is right. in any case, i'll be sure to evaluate before 14 days is up! I really like everything about the monitor but the lack of detail in blacks... but that might be enough to make me return... unless i can adjust it better. I have some playing around to do.

Picked up one last evening from Best Buy.....14 day return policy on monitors stated clearly on the back of the receipt. Also, if you don't purchase an extended warranty at time of purchase you have the same 14 days to return to a Best Buy store and puchase the warranty of your choice. Cannot purhase a warranty at Best Buys online site after the initial purchase of the monitor. I too was told by both the sales rep. and the cashier that I had a 30 day return policy but that is clearly not the case as again evidenced by the policy on the back of my receipt.

Decent monitor by the way as I have a 360 via vga, ps3 via HDMI, and pc via DVI all looking very nice on this monitor. As far as backlight bleeding I find it to be significantly less than on my LVM-W3 and on par with my NEC monitors. Blacks look fine to me as long as sitting directly in front of the monitor at my direct line of site though perhaps I may not be as discerning as others. Overall pleased with the display though I would've preferred the 3000 but not for the $$$.

i agree that this is a decent monitor, besides the bleeding (which i will further investigate) it has everything i want:

92% color gamut
at least 1000.1 cont. ratio
nice design (sleek & clean)
3ms/5ms response time(no ghosting what so ever)
all the connectivity i need (dvi-d/component/hdmi + more)
glossy screen (makes the images look crispier)
black levels are fine for me.
no dead pixels

Looking at this screen from right in front is just amazing. I will go to bestbuy today and test at least 2 other screen's and hope that the bleeding is only on our monitors.

Can anyone here confirm that they dont have any backlight bleeding?

I have it all around my screen cept for the center. It's pretty annoying in game's bc it looks like a "frosting" effect. If it didn't have that, it'd be perfect. Tried setting the brightness and color shit to a decent level too, didn't help.

21questions : Your monitor has it bad. So try returning it. Mine has backlight bleed on the top. Not as big as yours, but I can see it.

The HDMI on this thing is sick. I just got myself a HDMI cable and it's the first time I use one. But I feel that it's better than DVI. I did some comparisons and I don't know, but it did look better. But anywho...

I love gaming on this thing. I don't see any ghosting at all. I'm more that happy with this monitor. Way better than the last 24" from Gateway. I'm glad I turned it in. I'm still looking for some settings since I think it's just a bit off. I've been trying different settings but can't find the right one.

well i went to best buy right after work and bought another one of these,
GREAT news..................

The first monitor i bought has way too much backlight bleeding compared to my new one. (no backlight bleed what so ever) Im using 2 of these babys right now, im loving it right now. Im going to try out both of these for about a week and decide if i want to keep both.

Well i almost doubted this monitor but now im in love agian :D
If i decide to keep both im going to trade this one in for another one.

does anyone keep speaker by their monitor? does that ruin the lcd? i guess its a myth but why would they put a speaker bar under if it did? i have a couple speakers undermine no sub or anything but it makes me wonder?

Back