Gateway FHD2400

According to your signature, you already own a Samsung 244T, so I'd say unless you have a problem you're trying to fix, you're good to go. They are very similar in capability. The Gateway has HDMI, is a much faster panel, and has a glossy display. However, on the flip side, the recent backlight bleed creep we've been reading about compounds the any thought of moving, as the technology used on the 244T has no such issue.

I use the 244T at work and this Gateway at home, and am happy with both. They are slightly different animals, but there is no real advantage in moving between the two unless you're trying to fix a problem, and don't mind risking new ones.
tnx for the comments. the 244t is a fanominal display, the only problem right now is it doesn't do 1:1 pix so my hdmi ps3 plays 10% vertical stretch. This can be fixed when a cheap blu-ray ROM is available for the PC.

Have you noticed any expanding backlight bleed, AV-Wayne? Since you've had one for a good while, I'd like to hear if it is a hit-or-miss issue, or something that happens eventually regardless. It's something that would be under the warranty, but still, any less trips I have to make for replacements, the better.

Unfortunately, I may have... I want to make sure it isn't just the power of suggestion, but since reading the initial reports, I feel it may be expanding and getting brighter. I'm not ready to say for certain yet, but I did notice it twice during normal operation of the panel, and I have never noticed it before. If it is becoming worse, I am very curious how far it will go. I'm not worried yet, but am a little concerned...

[see update below in post 571]

This is a picture of my screen. It is not causing me any trouble during normal viewing (not now), but with so many people complaining of backlight bleeding after a certain amount of time I just wanted to see if I am on the road to experiencing a problem. Please tell me if you need another pic. Thanks.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Mine had absolutely none at purchase..about a week later I saw about what you have.. and I thought, DAMN I almost had a perfect monitor with just a little PITA with viewing angles until I got used to it..

Week later, 3/4 of my screen was consumed by it.. to the point where thers only a softball size area in the center thats not touched by it...

My buddy also got the same monitor.. he was like thats crappy and said he would keep his as he had very very little backlight bleed. 3-4 days later i get an IM from him"fuck this im returning it and getting the LG"

I loved the monitor, really do but.. yeah I'd rather have better viewing angles and not deal with this problem.. it doesn't seem to be just 1-2 people.. 4-5 people on here have said about it.. I have it, my friend has it. And my friend lives 2500 miles away right now.

This is a picture of my screen. It is not causing me any trouble during normal viewing (not now), but with so many people complaining of backlight bleeding after a certain amount of time I just wanted to see if I am on the road to experiencing a problem. Please tell me if you need another pic. Thanks.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

You already have a decent amount of backlight bleed. Hopefully it doesn't worsen.

Mannnn, just when I think I've found my perfect monitor the bad reports just flow in every time :mad:

Cant see myself picking this up now.

Really, it's not going to be too much of an issue for me. Before I started looking into getting a new monitor, I had never known about such issues as backlight bleed and different panel types. My current LCD (Benq FP93GX) apparently has backlight bleed that would be considered "terrible" by the standards of this thread, yet I didn't notice until I went out of my way to test it just yesterday, and I've been using it daily for a number of years. Obviously not having it would be better, but if it's not something that's going to bother me, then why not? All the other features of this monitor are a major plus for what I intend on using it for, and I haven't found another monitor that fits all of my criteria.So if this is turning out to be its only flaw, then it's definitely something that I can live with.

I totally agree, I have had a dell LCD for years, didn't even know about "Black light bleed" until i read this forum. After checking my Dell LCD...it does have quit abit of backlight bleed, but, man... I have had this LCD for 4 years and I have never even noticed it.

With LCDs your always gonna get black light bleed from what I hear... I just got this FHD 2400 ... IM SOO HAPPY WITH IT!

Stalker...Supreme Commander...Crysis... they all look so great on this bad boy!

First of all, there is no 'perfect' flat panel... A CRT is probably the most perfect visually, but still not perfect, as it's bulky, takes a lot of power, and radiates. So, forget perfection for now. There is no such animal at this time. Instead, if you do more than spreadsheets, you will probably need to do a lot of research to find the panel that 'suits' you the best.

Very generally speaking,

TNs are cheap and fast (two things very important to most), but have restrictive viewing angles, and some backlight bleed. Best for gamers.

"VA"-technology panels have better viewing angles, but often slower pixel response AND input lag. May be the best at a moderate cost, IF you aren't a gamer.

IPS panels have the best color reproduction, better response/lag combinations than VA's, and the best viewing angles, but are expensive. Best for photographers and people with lots of money. :) Unfortunately, overall they are still not as good as a CRT, nor as fast as a TN, and vendors have generally turned off the designs on these, as buyers usually make cost King. So, up-to-date technologies like 1:1 pixel mapping and HDCP are low.

On the subject of backlight bleed creep on this particular panel -- I don't have a handle yet on what may or may not be happening, but I don't think I see much more than I started out with on mine... I did notice it twice after creep was mentioned, but at least one of those times I was viewing it from way below the bottom of the monitor (TN viewing angle discounts this sighting, as you shouldn't be expecting a lot when doing that on a TN). I think the other time was in the banding of a movie, where the strip probably wasn't being driven. As I turn the video input off right now, I feel the backlight bleed MAY be slightly brighter around the edges, but I'm still not sure. I mostly still have slight bleeding, which I would expect, and which doesn't bother me in general. So, still withholding official comment until I see an actual problem jump up. I don't want to discount the other possible sightings by people, I'm just not certain I'm seeing it yet.

All I can say is do your research, don't expect perfection, but DO get what's important to you!

I just thought I'd let you know that HD-capable monitors like this one can also be your first HDTV, as there are many HD-capable TV receivers for computers on the market today. :) I own a Mac mini, which I intend to turn into a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) after I get my grown-up Mac Pro 8-core. For this computer, I opted for the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus USB receiver, for about $180. It captures standard analog TV plus digital HDTV, and S-Video and composite too. So far I'm very impressed with it! I've only had it a few hours, but I've seen standard TV, 720p, and 1080i. Obviously I like 1080i the best, but they all are sharp and clear for their resolutions. I may just keep a window running in the background continuously! :)

Standard TV runs in a small window in the corner, 720p needs about half the screen, and 1080i takes up pretty much the whole thing.

This device is a lot like a TiVo, in that it keeps a buffer of live TV always in memory, and you can also schedule shows remotely. However, this device uses TitanTV for the program guide and remote scheduling, so there is NO monthly charge. It's very cool to schedule a program from work. :)

I went out and bought it tonight, although BB wouldn't take the 10% off coupon, which is a shame. Hopefully they have a sale shortly and I can go back and price match to recover the difference, but still disappointing.

As for the monitor itself, I won't be able to check it out until Christmas day, so here's hoping it doesn't have any problems. Also, I think it was the only one left in the store, so finding a replacement may be tough... Won't matter if it's great from the start. Needless to say, I'm very excited to be able to use it soon.

Riddle me this, and Im sure its been answered before; 'HDMI audio output'. What is it? Proprietary to gateway, or can I pick it up local/online? Where?

HDMI cables carry audio signals by default as well, but with no sort of speakers, it has nothing to output to. If you want it to carry audio through the HDMI, get the optional speaker bar. Else, just have the audio output via a different connection, to whatever your current speaker/tv setup is.

OK, just got the monitor 3 days ago, and just yesterday it started to have backlight bleeding on the left side, its kind of annoying, i wonder if its going to get worse, i can confirm, i had NO backlight bleeding day one, with a few hours of use it got worse...........this sucks, i love this monitor its so awsome, i can almost call it the best 24" monitor, but with this bleeding its annoying, and my local circuitcity doesnt have anymore in stock??? any suggestions, thanks.

After much research, and even more confusion, Im left without answers. I seek guidance. Here is my dilemma. I wanted to utilize this monitor as a TV through a STB. Now I understand the DVI is capable of transmitting HDCP content. Currently, I have my Set-Top-Box hooked up to the FHD2400 through an HDMI to DVI cable, the only thing connecting my monitor to the STB. Horrid picture, which happens to be a reduced resolution. Rather than scaling 1:1 and taking up the entire screen, Im left with a smaller window. What am I doing wrong? Is a TV tuner needed, in which to run the cable? Do I have the settings configured improperly? Is this relative to the monitor itself, or my malpractice? Simply speaking. How do I fix it....

After much research, and even more confusion, Im left without answers. I seek guidance. Here is my dilemma. I wanted to utilize this monitor as a TV through a STB. Now I understand the DVI is capable of transmitting HDCP content. Currently, I have my Set-Top-Box hooked up to the FHD2400 through an HDMI to DVI cable, the only thing connecting my monitor to the STB. Horrid picture, which happens to be a reduced resolution. Rather than scaling 1:1 and taking up the entire screen, Im left with a smaller window. What am I doing wrong? Is a TV tuner needed, in which to run the cable? Do I have the settings configured improperly? Is this relative to the monitor itself, or my malpractice? Simply speaking. How do I fix it....

Why are you converting HDMI to DVI when the panel has a HDMI connector...? Also, other than than scaling 1:1 and taking up the entire screen, you would be left with a smaller window, so just don't get that...

OK, just got the monitor 3 days ago, and just yesterday it started to have backlight bleeding on the left side, its kind of annoying, i wonder if its going to get worse, i can confirm, i had NO backlight bleeding day one, with a few hours of use it got worse...........this sucks, i love this monitor its so awsome, i can almost call it the best 24" monitor, but with this bleeding its annoying, and my local circuitcity doesnt have anymore in stock??? any suggestions, thanks.

I think Circuit City will exchange or refund the purchase within 14 days of the sale date on monitors, so you should be covered, although I think the dummies may charge a 15% restocking fee if it isn't exchanged for the exact same product (no wonder they're losing money). You can always return it and get something else later, so I wouldn't worry about stock. Christmas may also help with the amount of time you have to return it, and if you get an extended warranty, you'll probably get much more time.

On mine, I'm under the impression that my sides 'may' have brightened slightly, but still not enough to bother me. So far they don't seem to be getting brighter. I noticed it during dark scenes of a movie for the 3rd time tonight, but the problem is still not enough to make me return it. Even with the possibility of increased brightness, I still describe it as 'slight' bleed. I am at brightness level 5.

A fine question. Following up, I thought the DVI input on the monitor was the only input that was HDCP compliant, unless HDMI is always HDCP? Personally, anything going on outside of the box(computer) I am totally oblivious to (not to mention the HDMI skim this christmas $39.99 is the cheapest I found at a brick & mortar here in NE Ohio). Consdier, my last monitor was a 15" sony VAIO trinitron. Cutting to the chase. Wayne, is there anything I can do to fill in the screen? Also, not a chance in hell I can use the guide/on demand functions, is there?

Note: tried an HDMI to HDMI. Same pic as the HDMI to DVI connection. Mind you/anyone reading this, I am not running the TV connections through the computer.

A fine question. Following up, I thought the DVI input on the monitor was the only input that was HDCP compliant, unless HDMI is always HDCP? Personally, anything going on outside of the box(computer) I am totally oblivious to (not to mention the HDMI skim this christmas $39.99 is the cheapest I found at a brick & mortar here in NE Ohio). Consdier, my last monitor was a 15" sony VAIO trinitron. Cutting to the chase. Wayne, is there anything I can do to fill in the screen? Also, not a chance in hell I can use the guide/on demand functions, is there?

Note: tried an HDMI to HDMI. Same pic as the HDMI to DVI connection. Mind you/anyone reading this, I am not running the TV connections through the computer.

Since you got no difference, I assume using HDMI will no help, and from your description HDCP may not be the issue either. I thought your screen was already filled from the description you gave, so sorry about that too. Maybe your Set Top Box doesn't output in 1080 (full screen)? Or maybe you have stations that divide their bandwidth among many channels, and only provide 480 or 720 per channel? In my location, we only have 1 channel of 5 that (reasonably consistently) provides 1080. So filling your screen at my location will only happen 20% of the time in prime-time, unless you have an option in software to fill it out the rest of the way in between. Resolution may be lower when expanding lower-resolution transmissions to full screen.

Also, unless your box passes the guide/on demand functions though, you may have trouble using those as well...

Also, I hate to ask the obvious, but it hasn't been mentioned so far -- do you have an HD-capable STB, and are you subscribing to an HD package? If not, expect a VERY poor display, as there just isn't enough data in a standard TV signal to fill out a display like this.

Yes and yes. Its a Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC, and Im subscribing through Comcast (larcenous mongrels they are). Can I surmise that I would benefit from a stick tuner or an external tuner, something I could connect the cable out to? Like, tricking the cable box that its talking to a TV. Now, I might be left with a better product if I ran it through the other DVI connection on my graphics card, but it would cost a fortune to get 2 compact DVI connections, seeing as most of the cheapies are rather wide and dont fit. Or is this a bandwidth issue, only resolvable through the computer; MCE/Vista/Special software. Damn my scrutiny.

BTW, Wayne, youre a good dude. Thanks.

Update: Heres the sweet and lowdown. Apparently, the cable installer didnt set my TV for 1080. He set it for 720p. Im not blaming him, I rushed his work, becuase I was uncomfortable having him around my workspace. I have the complete display filled with beautiful.... satisfactory picture. Basically, the only thing I did was correlate the settings on the STB (advanced wizard) and the monitor; wide-screen to wide-screen, and 1080 to 1080 (duh, for most Im sure). Now, the only hitch is the on screen guide. Any suggestions oh how I might be able to access this feature?

Update: Heres the sweet and lowdown. Apparently, the cable installer didnt set my TV for 1080. He set it for 720p. Im not blaming him, I rushed his work, becuase I was uncomfortable having him around my workspace. I have the complete display filled with beautiful.... satisfactory picture. Basically, the only thing I did was correlate the settings on the STB (advanced wizard) and the monitor; wide-screen to wide-screen, and 1080 to 1080 (duh, for most Im sure). Now, the only hitch is the on screen guide. Any suggestions oh how I might be able to access this feature?

Well, I'm heading out the door to do a little last minute shopping, so I'll have to refer you to a Google search for your resolution (see link below). Note that one of the first two links is the manufacturer of your box, and at a glance they talk about the on screen guide and offer several manuals as well.

On signal quality, I don't know what you get with Comcast, but be aware that most over the air HD stations don't broadcast full HD all the time. Mostly just a few, and mostly only news, some sports, and usually prime time and late night talk shows. The rest of the time a lessor signal is spread across your screen. I can easily see how often they change because I have my HD software set to resize the window each time it sees a resolution swap. I do that to keep it as small as possible while I play with other software. It changes a lot, and is rarely 1080.

Also, I hear Comcast may compress the signal, adding artifacts. No first-hand knowledge of that, though.

Here's that search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...a+8300HDC+comcast+on+screen+guide&btnG=Search

As a continuation of my post 572 back on page 29, I thought I'd show anyone who might be interested in using this or any other 23" or larger panel as your first HDTV to see what it might be like. If there wasn't a writer's strike, I could show you some of the top TV shows, but oh well.

I feel the need to state the obvious -- this panel is only one part of any HDTV solution. You need an HD signal too. :) For me, I went on the cheap, and fed my receiver an over-the-air (OTA) broadcast signal. The receiver in turn is connected to my USB 2.0 port (USB 2.0 required!), and software on my computer does the rest.

I've heard my cable company compresses the signal when you buy their HD package, so I think I'm happy that my first experience is OTA, although that does limit the shows I can watch to the major networks. If I really get into this (which I definitely am starting to do!!), I may sign up with Verizon's fiber-optic service, which I hear has the proper bandwidth to send you uncompressed HD.

I have a several-year-old amplified VHF/UHF antenna connected to my receiver, and boy, does it work perfectly. All of my stations are just 7 miles to the west of me, but I never could tune this thing worth a damn when I used it on a standard TV. Now I never need to adjust it at all, and everything is super sharp and clear.

I have at least one station that doesn't divide their bandwidth between many sub channels, and provides 1080i as often as it can. The rest of the stations divide their signal and spend much more time providing lower-def 480 or 720 signals, even during prime-time.

I love the resolution, but to do HD well using a computer requires a reasonably modern processor and at least a 23-inch monitor to display full-screen 1080 properly. If you intend to save the recordings to disk, you'll need PLENTY of disk space too. Fortunately, I was prepared for all three. :)

Live HD requires a gigabyte or two of hard disk space for the default buffer size. However, if you want to SAVE recordings, you should be aware that the recordings take 2-8 GB per hour of programming (yes, that's GIGAbytes!), depending on the resolution and content. A football game I recorded earlier today took 22 GB!! Don't worry, if you don't have the disk space, you can always enjoy live HDTV.

Because I always intended my Mac mini to be a PVR, I bought an external 750 GB hard disk to save my recordings to. So, I can save upwards of 100 hours of full-HD programming out there.

A few disclaimers -- I didn't bother capturing any lower-resolution 720, 480, or standard TV transmissions for you. You don't get 1080 all the time, and may not at all at your location. If you are interested in receiving OTA, put your address (or zip code) in here: http://www.antennaweb.org, and move the map to your location. This will at least tell you whether there are any HD stations in your area. To get easy reception, the stations probably need to be within about 15 miles of you. Be aware you probably won't be able to receive all the digital or "DTV" stations that they show.

Anyway, here are some screen caps from my tuner -- if you want to see them at full size, either click on them, or save them to disk, and view them at 100%. If you set one to be your desktop, don't stretch it. :)

First, NBC News:

Now, a Commercial:

Now, some American football:

Now for some standard-width 1080. First, Stargate Atlantis:

Next, some remastered Star Trek!!

AV-Wayne, what tuner are you using to record those videos? Also, are those 1080i or 1080p?

AV-Wayne,

I was looking into the FHD2400 for tv/dvd/gaming purposes. I was wondering about your experiences with backlight bleeding and at what kind of angles/distance you watch TV on the monitor?

I was looking into it but some say my viewing angles would be not well suited for this monitor. I sit either in front of it, for gaming or for tv/dvd usages I sit in a chair/couch that is between -15 degrees and 10 degrees on the horizontal and about -20 to -45 degrees on the vertical because the chair/couch is lower than the desk that the monitor would sit on. I also am wondering about how much tilt vertical/horizontal is available with the stand it comes with.

Thanks.

AV-Wayne,

I was looking into the FHD2400 for tv/dvd/gaming purposes. I was wondering about your experiences with backlight bleeding and at what kind of angles/distance you watch TV on the monitor?

I was looking into it but some say my viewing angles would be not well suited for this monitor. I sit either in front of it, for gaming or for tv/dvd usages I sit in a chair/couch that is between -15 degrees and 10 degrees on the horizontal and about -20 to -45 degrees on the vertical because the chair/couch is lower than the desk that the monitor would sit on. I also am wondering about how much tilt vertical/horizontal is available with the stand it comes with.

Thanks.

I had 3 different ones, 21R and 22R revisions, both have backlight bleeding, games look good and glossy screen is cool..........good monitor but backlight bleeding is going to be there, my 1st one didnt have any backlight issues intill the 2nd day......very dissapointing monitor......i am on my way to pick up a samsung 245bw for 399$ and save 200 bucks.

The FHD2400 is a great gaming monitor, but it is a TN, and thus is often subject to some backlight bleed. Also, angles can matter. "So far" I haven't had a problem doing anything with it, but I'm still waiting to see whether the backlight bleed gets worse.

I sit in an easy chair, and view it anywhere from laying down to sitting up. The display sits to the right of me on the closest left edge of an end table, and the end table is positioned to the right so the closest left edge is just beyond the front of my chair. So the screen is about 2 feet from my eyes, most of the time. This might be a strange way to position a table like that in a living room, but it suits my media room well.

You say you'd like to view it from -20 to -45 degrees vertically. There isn't that much adjustment in any panel, and you wouldn't want to view this one from under if you can avoid it. So, you may want to rethink your positioning. Maybe you can do what I did above.

I do have some backlight bleed, and I have noticed it in the banding of movies. I mostly ignore it, as it's only around the edges, and so far not too bright. However, some might not like it, and I do notice it more when I'm viewing the display from a low position, like when I'm laying back. I cut it some slack because I know you shouldn't be viewing a TN from that low.

If you're a perfectionist, a TN probably isn't for you. However, if you're willing to live with a couple of the limitations of a TN to get a fast panel, then it may exceed your expectations. No panel is perfect, but this one has impressed me in so many ways. Sure, I'd like to get rid of all backlight bleed, but understanding it's a TN helps me live with it. I knew it was a TN when I made my decision to buy it.

It is still a brilliant monitor 99% of the time, far exceeding my expectations on contrast, color, and sharpness. I never notice bleed when I'm using my computer, which is what I have done the most so far. Since I watch HDTV in a computer window, and the window doesn't need the entire height of the display, I haven't noticed anything when watching shows, but others who get their signal from a cable box or a DVD player will probably notice some bleed.

It's hard to get a fast panel with no input lag without buying a TN, so you have to decide what's important to you. gar818 just mentioned he was going to get a Samsung 245BW, which is fine, but it only has 2 inputs, doesn't pivot, or do PiP, all things that were important to me. Also, I believe it's just another TN panel, so subject to the same issues this panel has. It's quite possible both Gateway and Samsung are using the exact same panel. That panel hasn't gotten as much scrutiny as this one has.

In any case, you need to decide where your priorities lie.

Hope that helps. I suspect I will be offline shortly, so Merry Christmas!

Sorry for being a bad forum member and not searching for this, but I suspect I'd have to end up wading through hundreds of pages anyway, and I'm in a bit of rush for this.

Can someone confirm that this monitor does 1:1 over the VGA port? Specifically, I'm looking to hook up an xbox 360 over it, but I'm very sensitive to scaling and 1:1 is an absolute must for my needs. As an aside, what's the quality like over the VGA port as compared to the DVI/HDMI inputs?

Thanks so much for any help. Merry Christmas!

Sorry for being a bad forum member and not searching for this, but I suspect I'd have to end up wading through hundreds of pages anyway, and I'm in a bit of rush for this.

Can someone confirm that this monitor does 1:1 over the VGA port? Specifically, I'm looking to hook up an xbox 360 over it, but I'm very sensitive to scaling and 1:1 is an absolute must for my needs. As an aside, what's the quality like over the VGA port as compared to the DVI/HDMI inputs?

Thanks so much for any help. Merry Christmas!

1:1 works with VGA just fine and the 360 looks really good, this is how mine is connected. :)

Unpacked mine today, and loving it so far...

Quite a bit of backlight bleed, but no bad pixels. I'm debating whether the exchange trip would be worth the risk of getting some bad pixels, or both. It's a Sept. model, for those curious. It's only clearly visible on all-black screens, I can't detect any washing out of colors from it. Have to decide within the next two weeks, before I'm thrust back into the boonies.

Otherwise, everything seems great. It was a bit heavy on the red and green to start, but it was fine with some adjustments and the EzTune software. Glad to see it has on-disc drivers for x64 systems, don't have to go and do any extra hunting. I may have to come up with some creative way to redo my desktop on campus in order to fit this, but that's just part of the fun. I love the wide variation of stand adjustments, very easy to adjust and to find a perfect placement. Can't comment on the glossy screen or other inputs yet until I'm back on campus.

Unpacked mine today, and loving it so far...

Quite a bit of backlight bleed, but no bad pixels. I'm debating whether the exchange trip would be worth the risk of getting some bad pixels, or both. It's a Sept. model, for those curious. It's only clearly visible on all-black screens, I can't detect any washing out of colors from it. Have to decide within the next two weeks, before I'm thrust back into the boonies.

Otherwise, everything seems great. It was a bit heavy on the red and green to start, but it was fine with some adjustments and the EzTune software. Glad to see it has on-disc drivers for x64 systems, don't have to go and do any extra hunting. I may have to come up with some creative way to redo my desktop on campus in order to fit this, but that's just part of the fun. I love the wide variation of stand adjustments, very easy to adjust and to find a perfect placement. Can't comment on the glossy screen or other inputs yet until I'm back on campus.

I wouldnt bother changing it, they ALL have backlight issues, if it doesnt it will eventually as it has been confirmed by many users that backlight bleeding gets worse with time, I gave up after my 3rd one and got a samsung 245bw

I'm enjoying this monitor, despite some clear backlight bleed. In any case, can someone explain why I cant choose the UltraResponse to be enabled? I can toggle the arrow between it enabled and disabled, but you cant make it stick. Is this option only available to certain inputs or devices? In addition, several other options are always grayed out, like sharpness, noise reduction, film mode detection, etc. I only use VGA and DVI (so far) but is this right? Thanks

I'm enjoying this monitor, despite some clear backlight bleed. In any case, can someone explain why I cant choose the UltraResponse to be enabled? I can toggle the arrow between it enabled and disabled, but you cant make it stick. Is this option only available to certain inputs or devices? In addition, several other options are always grayed out, like sharpness, noise reduction, film mode detection, etc. I only use VGA and DVI (so far) but is this right? Thanks

According to the manual -- sharpness, noise reduction, film mode detection, etc are only available for standard definition video at 480i and below (on the composite, S-video, and component inputs).

However, Ultraresponse should be selectable under both VGA and DVI, no problem. It is on mine. Make sure you are not keeping your finger on the button too long. Just tap it...

well, i got this LCD for christmas... man what a beauty, no stuck/dead pixels... but there was what i would call, severe Backlight Bleed, very very noticble...

I returned to Circuit City for a new one, they were sold out, so they are shipping me a new one :) I can deal with a small amount of blacklight bleed, Im crossing my fingures because other than backlight bleed, this LCD rocks!

Back