Gaming NIC Card only $279.99

It's got an onboard µP and that's about it. Not worth anywhere near $280.

At least they got the naming convention right. See where Ageia messed up is they didn't make their product sound mean and cool enough. They didn't have near enough X's to make up for the lack of a name like Killer, or Ultimate Mega ExXxtreme! I mean sure PhysX is clever as it is pronounced just like Physics and does manage to work in one all important X. But come on, with a name like Killer how can this product not be awesome?! Especially when they have a cool looking metal "heatsink" in their coolguy 3d render of their ultimate network card. Consider this preordered!

</sarcasm>

It looks like it has a self defence weapon attached to it so when you cheat at LANs you can get out of the building by slaughtering everyone.

your paying 250 for that fancy K on the card and 20 bucks for the card itself :rolleyes:

I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well; This card isn't built for us. It's built for rich, clueless people. The very same people, in fact, who spend 10k for gold cables, so their stereo sounds "richer".

lol looks stupid someone buy it and resell it to me for 50 cents

Zomg! It will lower my ping from 20 to A FUCKING 19 AND A HALF??!!! Pre ordering now!

There is an ad for it on the front page of [H]... lol... they're going to have a really hard time trying to convince readers to buy it.

dotK said:
There is an ad for it on the front page of [H]... lol... they're going to have a really hard time trying to convince readers to buy it.

People will.. sad part is like i said before their paying 250 dollars for that nice K logo on the card, and 20 bucks for the card itself :rolleyes:

Jees, after reading that they really are targetting stupid kids with rich parents. No one who has been exposed to advertising for a few years would buy have the shit they try shoveling in that ad.

XOR != OR said:
Jees, after reading that they really are targetting stupid kids with rich parents. No one who has been exposed to advertising for a few years would buy have the shit they try shoveling in that ad.

Right on the money! Not to mention if you click for a larger view that is a computer generated pic of that card! :p

Screw every single one of you. I bought one and it's worth every penny. Whenever I host an online game my ping is 0 !

:D

Puterguru said:
Screw every single one of you. I bought one and it's worth every penny. Whenever I host an online game my ping is 0 !

:D
please tell me you are not serious.

bazylik said:
please tell me you are not serious.
Hehe - Nooooo

That is something similar to what my wife said the other day. She was playing/hosting a game online and said "Hey is a low ping good, ours is Zero!".

Funny.

if it made a significant difference, then that would be cool... but whos going to have room for one with 2 vga cards and a x-fi? if they made one in a pcie x1 or x4 flavor it could fit inbetween my cards... but i dont see myself ditching an x-fi for it even if it were $25.

Look at it this way, if you are ever at a LAN and get into a fight, the headsink doubles as a weapon. :D

But you get a $40 game (FEAR) AND....AND......a free t-shirt! How is this not worth every cent?!?!?!

btw, anyone who buys this, is a complete tool. I'm giving this company a year before it goes belly up.

Rocco123 said:
But you get a $40 game (FEAR) AND....AND......a free t-shirt! How is this not worth every cent?!?!?!

btw, anyone who buys this, is a complete tool. I'm giving this company a year before it goes belly up.

idk aid is on the cover of [H]ardOCP :rolleyes:

Well, if it's on the cover page of HardOCP it must be good. Just pre-ordered.

i could advertise a peanut on the front page if i had enough money :)

Tetrahedron said:

OMG!!! I just hosted a lan game and EVERYBODY got 0 and 1 ping with this card!!! OMGSZZZZZZ!!!!1!!!11! Im going to buy to and see if I can put them in SLI!!!! OMG!!

Erasmus354 said:
At least they got the naming convention right. See where Ageia messed up is they didn't make their product sound mean and cool enough. They didn't have near enough X's to make up for the lack of a name like Killer, or Ultimate Mega ExXxtreme! I mean sure PhysX is clever as it is pronounced just like Physics and does manage to work in one all important X. But come on, with a name like Killer how can this product not be awesome?! Especially when they have a cool looking metal "heatsink" in their coolguy 3d render of their ultimate network card. Consider this preordered!

</sarcasm>

My favorite hardware name ever was the "Mad Dog Predator Blastwave 5.1" I saw at CompUSA once. :D

"Yeah, I just built a pretty sweet rig. It's got a Mad Dog Predator Blastwave 5.1, an Angry Serial Axe Murderer Deluxe with dual DVI, a Hopped up Crackhead Turbo ExxXtreme Gigabit NIC, and a Smash Bang Hell in a Handbasket Laser Mouse 6200 UltraMega."

Don't forget to read the fine print in the Killer NIC's EULA:

"You agree to have "Hax0r" put in front of your in-game name tag and agree to be kicked off every server running PB and VAC because your ping is just so dang low."

Wow - This is a bigger rip off than a $250 PhysX card. No, wait, that's not even a fair comparison. It's just a waste of money that has no equal.

J3RK said:
My favorite hardware name ever was the "Mad Dog Predator Blastwave 5.1" I saw at CompUSA once. :D

"Yeah, I just built a pretty sweet rig. It's got a Mad Dog Predator Blastwave 5.1, an Angry Serial Axe Murderer Deluxe with dual DVI, a Hopped up Crackhead Turbo ExxXtreme Gigabit NIC, and a Smash Bang Hell in a Handbasket Laser Mouse 6200 UltraMega."

I think i'd buy anything that ends in UltraMega ¬_¬

Back