Gaming Mousepad?

I recently picked up one of these when my Steelseries SX developed a couple of little wear spots that were causing hitches with my DeathAdder.

It's been great so far. Super smooth glide just like the SX, but actually quieter.

Super pleased with it.

You got the super thin version right? Does it stay flat on the surface of your desk? Or do the edges like to roll up since it's so thin?

You got the super thin version right? Does it stay flat on the surface of your desk? Or do the edges like to roll up since it's so thin?

I did not get the super thin version, I got the more standard pad in the largest size.

I tried that ultra-thin version. Its rubber backing is almost like glue on a desk. You won't have any worries about the pad sliding or curling up. It turned out to be too slick for me. I prefer the control offered by cloth pads.

I tried the cloth pads but they make my mouse move too slow :( I guess I'm a slick addict

I measured the glass pad I have 1/8'' without the little rubber feet it is quite thin, also 0 flex and slick as @#$%. With pads it is still quite thin 1/16th less then 1/4''.

Recently got a SS Experience I-2. I think it is designed to work best with optical mice. I am using it with a DA BE. Works great.

Does anyone here use the Razer Kabuto? I bought one about a year ago and so far it's been great. I too didn't like a mousepad that was too thick and picked this one up. No durability issues so far it seems to have held up fine, and the surface is slightly soft which is comfortable on my hand/wrist.

I like that it's thin. The original design was that you put it inside your folding laptop and it acts as a screen protector/keyboard cover, however, it is slightly too thick for my Macbook Pro 13" because when I put it inside the lid doesn't fully close shut. No matter though, as I already have a Radtech keyboard cover for that. Instead I just put it on the top of my laptop and both go into my laptop sleeve. It adds zero weight/thickness, and I always have a good mousing surface with me wherever I go.

I also use it at home regularly since I got a new desktop and no longer use my laptop on a regular basis. It works just as well there, I move it betwen my desktop mac and PC. I am always tempted to get another one but I figure the small effort to move it between computers is not too much, as opposed to just buying a second one. If this one ever wears out, however, I would definitely consider buying another.

Only real complaint is that dust particles seem to settle on the cloth surface, and due to the slight texture it is hard to wipe them off. It doesn't affect the texture or tracking of the mouse though. Occasionally I will run a vacuum over it and it cleans up real nice but since the pad is black, the dust shows up pretty well. But I guess that is a common trend amongst Razer products. I mean literally 10 seconds after I took my Mamba out of the box, it already had visible dust deposits on it.

Ruahrc

After some research I think I want the thinnest pad possible, if a pad is too thick it hurts my wrist after a while.

Any suggestions?

Turn your desk into a mousepad, or something relatively equivalent. Get a huge pad and set everything on top of it. That way thickness won't matter.

Don't think of it as a mousepad, think of it as a desk pad/arm cushion.

+1 for the QcK.

On a side note, I tried ordering from the new address of the Artisan pad series and they only ship to Japan :( So don't bother until further notice.

I recently picked up one of these when my Steelseries SX developed a couple of little wear spots that were causing hitches with my DeathAdder.

It's been great so far. Super smooth glide just like the SX, but actually quieter.

Super pleased with it.

how slippery is it in comparison? I'm looking for something ridiculously slick, and my sx is starting to wear :(

I love my Steelseries 9HD but have to remember to replace the mouse skates every 6 months or so.

how slippery is it in comparison? I'm looking for something ridiculously slick, and my sx is starting to wear :(

It feels pretty similar as far as glide goes. I don't think it will last nearly as long before needing to be replaced though. I've had mine a couple of months and there's already a very slightly rougher section in the middle of the pad. I'm not sure if it's actual wear or if it just needs to be cleaned though. I might try cleaning it off today and see if that's all it is.

It feels pretty similar as far as glide goes. I don't think it will last nearly as long before needing to be replaced though. I've had mine a couple of months and there's already a very slightly rougher section in the middle of the pad. I'm not sure if it's actual wear or if it just needs to be cleaned though. I might try cleaning it off today and see if that's all it is.

Please do. I thought you said the pad didn't wear out as fast as other pads?

none of them , Razer goliatus is a BEAST . iv been using mousepads from steelseries and razer and so far, goliatus is the best , perfect material and easy to wash , ( the controll edition btw )

none of them , Razer goliatus is a BEAST . iv been using mousepads from steelseries and razer and so far, goliatus is the best , perfect material and easy to wash , ( the controll edition btw )

How do you wash yours? Just curious.

Last time I tried to wash mine I couldn't quite get it clean.

well i put it in the washing machine , but before i put it in a big ball that my gf use for protection when she washes her bra

Just search on google immage " Bubble Bra "

I love my Steelseries 9HD but have to remember to replace the mouse skates every 6 months or so.

I was thinking of getting the 4HD. Is it really rough? It destroys the bottom of the mouse? Is the glide smooth with this pad or scratchy?

Needed a new mouse pad. My Razer Vespula started bubbling. (GOD I am so done with razer)

So I snagged a Mionix Propus. My Razer Mamba would not work on the surface. No idea why, but it just wouldn't respond.

So I finally took peeps advice on the Hien mouse pads, and decided to try the el cheapo version. And never have I really thought to praise a mouse pad...but the feel of this thing is amazing. A rough surface that my mouse glides over easily. Stops on a dime, and really is very precise to game with. It's a soft pad with a funky surface. It's nice. It's smaller than I like like 10"x8"....Otherwise its nice. Only had it a couple weeks, so I really can't comment on its durability.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KLA7DE/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I liked it so much I just snagged the larger, harder surface. Will report back in a few days how it feels.

http://www.amazon.com/Clearance-SAM...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327773607&sr=1-4

Why aren't these getting more praise? This is the best gaming surface I have ever used.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Needed a new mouse pad. My Razer Vespula started bubbling. (GOD I am so done with razer)

So I snagged a Mionix Propus. My Razer Mamba would not work on the surface. No idea why, but it just wouldn't respond.

So I finally took peeps advice on the Hien mouse pads, and decided to try the el cheapo version. And never have I really thought to praise a mouse pad...but the feel of this thing is amazing. A rough surface that my mouse glides over easily. Stops on a dime, and really is very precise to game with. It's a soft pad with a funky surface. It's nice. It's smaller than I like like 10"x8"....Otherwise its nice. Only had it a couple weeks, so I really can't comment on its durability.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KLA7DE/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I liked it so much I just snagged the larger, harder surface. Will report back in a few days how it feels.

http://www.amazon.com/Clearance-SAM...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327773607&sr=1-4

Why aren't these getting more praise? This is the best gaming surface I have ever used.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences w/ the hard pad. Been looking to buy one of these for a while now, just can't pull the trigger.

# 1 Razer Sphex is excellent. Tracks great, is very thin &cleans easily. Just clean the spot where you want to put it, lay it down & leave it there. Because it has very thin adhesive on back, so if you move it alot it will not stick in place anymore.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences w/ the hard pad. Been looking to buy one of these for a while now, just can't pull the trigger.

Pull!!

This "hard" Hien pad is pretty damn nice. Amazing is the word I would use if it was more than a mouse pad.

To give reference...think of the "soft" Hien pad as a tad more stiff than a regular cloth pad. Now add about 1/8" foam twixt the actual surface the mouse uses, and the rubber that is touching your desk. It felt perfect. Until I received this "hard" pad today. THIS is the perfect gaming surface!

It's same as the "soft" but the foam in between is slighter harder, making for the perfect feel to game on.

I would still call it a cloth pad though. The "hard" is a bit misleading. BUT your mouse moves across it like a hard surface, with the precision of a cloth pad. Really is amazing.

10/10 for BOTH pads really.

I want to know if the Hien Hard pads will last awhile, I'm tired of my hard plastic mouse pads wearing out in 1-2 years

yea, i'm replacing my steelpad SP that I bought a while ago with a 4HD since its gotten pretty worn out. I noticed that I probably only use about 25-30% of the mousing area heavily, so I wound up rotating the pad around to get to a "new" spot on the pad when the old section was worn down. My func 1030 wore down pretty quickly too, but the c4ngen I used lasted a while and is still going strong for my parents (non gaming usage), best free mousepad I ever got :D

yea, i'm replacing my steelpad SP that I bought a while ago with a 4HD since its gotten pretty worn out. I noticed that I probably only use about 25-30% of the mousing area heavily, so I wound up rotating the pad around to get to a "new" spot on the pad when the old section was worn down. My func 1030 wore down pretty quickly too, but the c4ngen I used lasted a while and is still going strong for my parents (non gaming usage), best free mousepad I ever got :D

what kind of mouse feet do you use ? are their edges rounded ? does the bottom of your mouse scrap against the pad ?

I have the following Rocketfish Universal Gaming Mouse Pad. It was around $20 + tax when I bought it back in summer 2011 at BestBuy.

http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Universal-Gaming-Mouse-Pad/dp/B005RF4QK8

I like it a lot. there are two sides to it; "Control" and "Speed". I use it for my primary PC and laptop and I use the "Control" surface which has a coarser grain to it. Since it is now $10 (+ $5 shipping) I might buy it for my other PC.

Oh, just in case anyone was wondering, I use the Logitech Performance MX and G500 mice.

Loving my new QCK Mass. Had a Goliathus Speed before and the Mass just feels better, can't explain better than that. It's rather large, though -- 11 3/16" x 12 5/8" is a hell of a lot bigger on my desk than I thought it'd be, but it also means I never run the risk of going off the side of the pad. Also feels nice with the repetitive strain injury I'm constantly fighting off, the extra squishy surface makes my wrist hate me a little less.

I've been waiting for them to get the Hard Medium Black in stock for months now and still nothing, how did you manage to order the Hard Large Black?

Guess I just caught them at the right time, when I checked the link later that night they were out of stock. I love the description for the hard on Artesian's site.

| Relation between hardness and characteristic
FOAM - light glide and easy stops. Rigidity feeling. Stability is inferior to HIEN.
XHARD - almost solid. Hardness is plastic like. However, there is the supple.
HARD - It is near the taste made of the plastic. However, it is not hard made of the plastic.
MID. - It is not soft. However, it is not hard. Light gliding and the stopping are good balances.
SOFT - Soft more than usual cloth pad. It stops in sharp. Stopping with rigidity feeling.
XSOFT - It is considerably soft. This flexibility makes the stop on SHIDEN/SHIDEN-KAI easy.

Wait, they have a grade above hard now? I can't find any XHARD mats on Amazon can you?

Back