Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

Abit usually doesn't give the option for a fixed PCI. It is usually built in.

I'm sure they will give a PCIE option. That is common.

I see only 2 downsides on this board.

The pcie slot. I prefer it to be where the PCIE1x is.
ATI Integrated video. Only to the HTPC users. NV is much better for HTPC.

No one knows yet if the nb strap on the abit will be similar to most atx board which can reach fsb@333 with the 4300 without pain!
It will be the suprise...

I'm no expert but from what I have seen sometimes a lower multiplier gets a higher fsb on a mobo than a higher multiplier chip can so you cant always say everyone will get the same fsb with different chips.

The 965 ATX mobos were a good example of this. Those that used E6300/6400 got a higher fsb overclock than those using E6600 and on up. Its still too early though to say for sure though what this mobo will do. I'm glad someone is testing a E4300 and a E6600 chip with this mobo. I was considering a E6600 but I'm very curious to see what a E4300 does on it.

Steeeeve, have you heard anything about the IB-90 HD version from your suppliers? This thing seems to have gone vapor on us since the pic of it first popped up.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

E4300 and E6400 have 8x multiplier
E6300 has 7x multiplier

Using the previously stated 350mhz figure these would hopefully be my minimum overclocks:

7x350=2450
8x350=2800

Better than my current E6300 at stock speeds in any case. I've got a crummy ECS mobo (Fry's combo) that I'm 99% sure I'm going to replace with this Abit and am throwing the mobo and possibly cpu into another build that I'm doing next week.

I've been thinking about an E4300 because of the multiplier, and they're cheaper than E6400's. Does this make sense to go ahead and get the E4300, then I can test it and the E6300 I have on the Abit to figure out which is faster? Or is there something with the E6400 that I'm missing?

You may be right on the multpliers.

9x might be the 4400. I don't recall well. Regardless still have decent OC capabilities regarding the chip.

e4300 has 9x multiplier as e6600
e6300=7x
e6400=8x (fsb266)
e4400=10x (fsb200)

OK. SO I was right the first time! :p

If the fsb is 200. Where should the memory start of at? 533, 667? A different one?

[LYL]Homer;1030702505 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here...

E4300 and E6400 have 8x multiplier
E6300 has 7x multiplier

Using the previously stated 350mhz figure these would hopefully be my minimum overclocks:

7x350=2450
8x350=2800

E4300 has a 9x multiplier w/800Mhz bus instead of 1066Mhz. 350 x 9 = 3,150 Mhz. Mine is a crappy clocker that I run @ 334 x 9 for 3 Ghz @ 1.42v on air. The chips run very cool so they are Ideal for HTPC's.

oops too late ^

I wanted to jump on the e4300, but it seems to have problems with the bios on many boards. Disabling virtualiziation tech screwed something up. When they do work, they seem to be fsb restricted or else are crappy cores. I would do e6400 until they figure it out.

Where did you hear that from? I don't see any distributors having a price tag below $127

hello I am sell motherboards f-i90hd for only 95$ USD. Western Union only, message me to buy!

Good day fine gentlemen, i am sell you to motherboard for free, please overnight express mail me your first born child in Nigeria and prince of there will be in great debt to one who answer this call.........:rolleyes:

100 is decent. I saw some Asus boards close to that and some at 120. I think anything over 110 is a bit much.

Thanks Steve.

btw 350FSB on 6600 it seems. Maybe it can do more. Who knows. Until we get a retail one we won't know for sure. From what is being said it is a gamer/HTPC board. Hopefully 350 is a given at least.

I reconsider on the $150 remark. I've been too influenced by lack of enthusiast mATX boards and generally high Intel mobo prices.

Less than a year ago on the AMD side it was all about using $50-80 motherboards to get excellent overclocks.

100 would make this board even better.... even at the 140 mark i still think is a decent price for a board like this... which hopefully does overclock nice... but also the onboard x700 would be great for my gf... im gonna build her a budget rig with this (which will later be switched out to htpc)

steeeevvveeeee any updates as to launch of this board march 1st tomorrow? we looking at release in a few days/week/weeks? (if you know any of this)

They are keeping this tight! I cant see the F-I90HD on the mobo manual or bios download list at ABIT. I thought I could sneak a look at the manual. I'm getting excited.
I'm running my P5B-VM with an E4300 at 266, so I would love to try 300 like I had with my E6300, or maybe I'll pick up an E4400 next month(April).

So who will be the first place in the US to sell this. I want to try it out with an E6600.

They are keeping this tight! I cant see the F-I90HD on the mobo manual or bios download list at ABIT. I thought I could sneak a look at the manual. I'm getting excited.
I'm running my P5B-VM with an E4300 at 266, so I would love to try 300 like I had with my E6300, or maybe I'll pick up an E4400 next month(April).

It would be nice if this new abit board could overcklock E4300 better than P5LD2-VM DH :cool:

you bought the last, I bought the first (there was 4 in stock initially) ;)

well hurry the hell up and let us know something finally! 350,....400..... any issues while doing it....... I've been looking at this thread since the fist post now its 234 later and I'm dying to have a reason to buy a lanbox.

man, can't wait to get this MB. BTW, how well does the onboard graphics perform? If it works ok playing CSS i think i'm gonna wait for the new ati cards. Otherwise I might have to look 8800

Why did europe get these first anyway? I'm getting word now that they won't be launched in the US until sometime next week!!!!

you bought the last, I bought the first (there was 4 in stock initially) ;)

Yeah, you are right, i have seen the same facts. :cool:

But as the board will arrive tomorrow my "review" will be done next week.

BTW, how well does the onboard graphics perform? If it works ok playing CSS i think i'm gonna wait for the new ati cards. Otherwise I might have to look 8800

Well, not too bad BUT don't plan to play Oblivion maxed neither medium high @ 1280x1024. Maybe medium @1024x768.

There was an annoucement from AMD/ATI 2 days ago about the new chipset 690G (aka Radeon Xpress 1250) and there are benchmark from a few site so you can have an idea since it's the same chipset we are talking about.

HotHardware
PC Perspective
techPowerUp
The Tech Report

My question is if it is any faster/better than my current 9600XT.

Back