Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

No it's not the same!
c2emb_30.jpg

This is an IB-90HD, not an IT-90HD

This is an IB-90HD, not an IT-90HD
If you had read correctly you would have seen that I answered to a question whether it was a iT or iB! :D

"Btw, originally we saw a IB-90 HD some time back and this one is labeled as IT-90 HD. This the same mobo renamed or just another version of it?"

Would of preferred the PCI-E 16 at the top but if it can achieve 400fsb+, what the heck!

Cant wait for the first review.

If you had read correctly you would have seen that I answered to a question whether it was a iT or iB! :D

"Btw, originally we saw a IB-90 HD some time back and this one is labeled as IT-90 HD. This the same mobo renamed or just another version of it?"

another version. IT has the T for ATi while IB is for broadwater or something like that.

Different chipsets.

• iB-90HD – Intel G965 Express (codenamed Broadwater)
  • iT-90HD – ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 (codenamed RS600; recall the ABIT naming scheme "T" for ATI, AT8 32X and AT9 32X)

Chipset
  • NB: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 (codenamed RS600)
  • SB: ATI SB600
NB features
  • FSB 1066/800/533MTps
  • DDR2-800/533/400
  • Internal graphics derived from Radeon X700 (RV410)
  • Support for HDMI (v1.2) and HDCP
References

wow that is a bad photoshop job.. The logo isnt even facing the same direction heh

The pic on the board has it.

They push HDMI but it's not HDCP. Or is it? :)

DVI/HDMI

* Integrated DVI or HDMI 1.2 interface: single-link support only for HDMI‡, 30-bit dual-link support for DVI.
* 1650 Mbps/channel† with 165 MHz† pixel clock rate per link.
* HDCP 1.1 support on data stream with on-chip key storage

Looks interesting but again... How much of a price increase for the name Fatality on it.

Does look like a well built board.

What is this video card like? IS that better than the 6150 solution?

I checked the distributors today

Release date appears to be 2/27 - 3/5

Price will be around $130
ATI RS600/SB600 DDR2 800
FATAL1TYFI90HD
ABIT Computer
Mfr #: Fatal1tyF-I90HD 127.71

Should be a nice OCer.

Tempting. But need to wait till the 10x Multi 4400 comes out....grrrr

How does ATI = junk? The DFI everyone has been waiting for is an ATI chipset.
965 isn't all that great either. Especially when talking about MATX.

Whatever chipset it uses I'll wait for some reviews before buying it. One thing I've learned since last year is wait a month or so after a mobo goes on sale for BIOS updates and thorough testing by both professional and user testers.

Just saw on the front page that this board has finally been announced as the F-I90HD.

Is anyone interested in a group buy? I can get a discount if we get enough folks to pre-order

Im looking for a HDMI motherboard becuase need it for my hometheater. Im very interested in this motherboard but it looks to pricy.

If they're aiming this board at media center pc's should it at least support dolby/dts connect?

That's what the intel board is for.

Hopefully the Fatal1ty name is more than hype, this time. Perhaps they will figure out the lock on the intel board as well...

Thats 167 usd... yikes!

Well ya, but first you need to output that signal. If your soundcard doesnt support dts, then it'll only output a stereo signal.

It's not going to be $167 USD....If I can buy it for 127 then that means newegg will probably sell it for $130

I wasn't planning on spend $150 for a board, but this wait is killing me. I'd probably jump on this one if you guys find a price around $125 and this board OC's very well.

If it didn't have the stupid fatal name on it it would probably be $110 .

If it didn't have the stupid fatal name on it it would probably be $110 .
Now thats just stupid. You're whinning about how his name adds something like $17/20 to the cost of the board?! :rolleyes:

If the board OCs well and turns out to be a solid choice then I don't give a damn if his name is on it or if it does add an extra $17/20 to the price tag.

Newegg has the P5B-VM for $125, if I can pick this board up for about the same then they (Uni Abit) can slap whomever's name across the board; I don't care if it can reach 350+ fsb. Paris Hilton's name could be splattered across the mobo for all I care.

Quit beating a dead horse.

time to order some ddr2:D
hope this thing doesnt have a ULI southbridge:eek:

Now thats just stupid. You're whinning about how his name adds something like $17/20 to the cost of the board?! :rolleyes:

If the board OCs well and turns out to be a solid choice then I don't give a damn if his name is on it or if it does add an extra $17/20 to the price tag.

Newegg has the P5B-VM for $125, if I can pick this board up for about the same then they (Uni Abit) can slap whomever's name across the board; I don't care if it can reach 350+ fsb. Paris Hilton's name could be splattered across the mobo for all I care.

Quit beating a dead horse.

I simply answered someones question or point.

$20 is $20. I have no idea how much it added. It might have added $40 to the price. I have no clue.

Will it OC better because of the Fatal name? NO! That was my point.

Anyway I'm almost sure it will OC well. Isn't the DFI "Monster" based on a similar chipset?

Back