Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

No, but they are available now. Abit hasn't sent me a review unit yet.

I ONLY HAVE 3 LEFT!

I just sold out D&H of them.

They had 5 more in stock and I bought them...so 5 left :) I sold out of the first 5 in 15min

any indications that this can boot XP over 350fsb?

I just traded a buddy out some raffle stuff for his raffle 6700 and getting ready to start my HTPC build.

What makes this better than my 945G board running at 353?

Fatality.jpg

I'm happy to report that this board is definitely a keeper! I was able to Overclock easily to 3.25ghz on my C2D E6700 (3.25x10) and my gaming perfomance with BF2142 is comparable to my 680i with the same components and overclocks! The OC is 100% stable after an hour of playing BF2142 and I have not detected any Snap, Crackle, Pop from my X-fi during orbital strikes!

My config:

Fatailty F-I90HD
C2D E6700 @3.25 ghz (325x10 1.325 Vcore, 1.87 NB)
2GB Patriot LLK 4-4-4-12
BFG 8800GTS OC @619 1800
X-Fi Fatality
160GB Raptor
Seasonic M12 700W PSU
USB DVD/RW
Motorolla Wireless adapter
Gateway FPD2485W 24" LCD
Logitech 5500D w/ Klipsch RSX Satellites

I'm going to continue to test stability and gaming perfomance with my current OC and then may try to see if it will go a little higher in the next few days after I see what results others achieve. Even if it will OC higher, I'm happy with the current settings and will run it as is once I transfer the system into my Fragbox.

Thanks for that info. Good to see that a 8800GTS and a Xi-Fi card will fit nicely. Any problem getting the Raptor hooked up? I know there have been some SATA connection worries concerning the mobo layout.

so, we finally get a PCIe lock, but it doesn't help the OC? (scratches head)

On 945g/965g, it helps!
But on this new ati chipset, it's as if it behaves like ATX boards for c2d (max fsb frequency excluded)

Guys,

This is going to be a long post / rant, so bear with me :rolleyes: . I gave up on PC gaming about 3 years ago when I sold my whole setup including games and everything, I was sick and tired of the constant driver issues and endless patches. And every 2 years you had to upgrade just to keep up with the latest and greatest games and on and on. So I figured lets go video game console, you buy the game you pop it in and it plays (well for the most part anyway). Now since my favorite games are FPS and flightsims a good selection of games was slim. And then there is the controller, for the life of me I cannot get the hang of this i.e. I totally suck at playing games with a console controller! I've had a few PS2s a XBox360 and a PS3, but I am not happy with the consoles. Matter of fact I did not turn my PS3 (the only on I got left) on for a whole week!
So I'm going back to PC gaming, I ordered a SFF case, PSU, CPU cooler and Mobo from Steve's shop SFFStore.com (hey Steeeeve do I get a free fan for this plug? :D )
Since I love building my own rigs I can't wait to get started, and I still like to play my old favorites like UT, Freelancer, Falcon 3.0 and can't forget Half life 2, DOOM 3, Quake and so many more.
So here I am, and its good to be "home" again!

I will test more than 360Mhz FSB when my temps are better. Have to clean cpu-block and such.

Final Bios on Abit-FTP: My 4x 1GB Aeneon DDR2-667 CL5 work like a charm now.

No option for CPU-Ratio... where should it be?

4x 1GB did not work at all with the beta-bios, installed windows vista x64 ended in bluescreen. WinXP Prof x86, WinXP Prof x64, WinVista x86 and WinVista x64 setups ended in shutting down my computer before the setup really started.

370Mhz did not work, even with +0.15V. I do not want to set the voltage higher because of the temps. Didn't even post with 370Mhz.

Thxs to sleepeeg3: here the last bios edited with modbin6:

We can see that cpu ratio is enable. Maybe it is only for core extreme

Sometimes it's visible with MODBIN and there is additional programming that hides it, so it could be something like that.

Bunch of lucky... I'm trying to find a distributors who have them in Canada. I'm sad I won't have it for the weekend.

PVHK got a reply from Abit about getting a tweaked BIOS:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your incoming mail.

This MB is decide for home theater at first. So we doesn't open the function like Multiplier, PCI-e frequency and etc.. which more advanced function.
As your wish, we will help you to ask our BIOS engineer about that. If we will do that in the future dated, we will release the BIOS ASAP.

Have a nice day,

Best Regards,
ABIT Customer Service Center

Let's all write Abit and ask the same. Don't forget they branded it with Fatal1ty and we all know that guy is a pro gamer so yes we can expect to have a few more options in the BIOS.

Abit said:
This MB is decide for home theater at first. So we doesn't open the function like Multiplier, PCI-e frequency and etc.. which more advanced function. As your wish, we will help you to ask our BIOS engineer about that. If we will do that in the future dated, we will release the BIOS ASAP.
So in other words, the Fatal1ty name was just to sell boards. I have received that “we’ll past that right on to our bios engineer” several times from other companies any time you ask about an overclocking option. Translation = Delete! That's the reality.

Never hurts to try, though. ;)

I told you all, write to Abit and ask... that's the way our chance are the best.

P.S. I will post the answer I'll get from them.

I told you all, write to Abit and ask... that's the way our chance are the best.

P.S. I will post the answer I'll get from them.

Write to abit and I'll send my abit reps this thread (in fact created another one) and perhaps that will get the ball rolling.

I thought intel multipliers were locked though?
The X6800's is unlocked, and many boards allow you to decrease capped multipliers, which is useful in trying to max out the FSB before hitting the CPU's clock ceiling.

Yeah, I was justifying the request to Abit for such a feature.

I want to say Gigabyte's GA-965GM-S2 lets you reduce the multiplier, but I didn't play much with it after it was clear it didn't like the BSEL mod....

So this thing is not in stock _anywhere_ in U.S. currently? :(

Please post if you find any sources for U.S. customers (who cares about elsewhere... joking.... I'm only joking...) :eek:

Neither in Canada..
Abit shows distributors on his page who quit selling Abit 2 years ago!
I have no clue yet who is a distributor in Canada.

Neither in Canada..
Abit shows distributors on his page who quit selling Abit 2 years ago!
I have no clue yet who is a distributor in Canada.

ASI Partner has a location in Canada. I hope they will get the product in soon :)

Back