Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

U have 2 guys here and a link I posted previously. What else do you need?

U have 2 guys here and a link I posted previously. What else do you need?

Well, a review from a site like [H] but I asked Kyle and he is not very likely into mATX... but you may ask him since with more people asking him better are our chance they will do a review of it.

xkon can you post larger image, I can't see very well. :p

lol yah i just kinda took quick pics with my phone camera. didnt even really resize them in pc. didnt realize i had my phone camera pics on largest size. hrmm.... maybe i'll give a shot at doing a review. :D ya know, fraps some stuff, do mobo temps, and write up something fancy. if only i had a better cpu (even though the fatal1ty mobo is chokin up after 360 :p)

My Local FRY's has these in stock and I have one waiting for me to pick up after work on the way home!

I'll test it out with my C2D E6700 or a C2D Xeon 3070 that I may decide to borrow from work ;)

My Local FRY's has these in stock and I have one waiting for me to pick up after work on the way home!

I'll test it out with my C2D E6700 or a C2D Xeon 3070 that I may decide to borrow from work ;)

Yeah, Frys has them at all their stores yet I can't get one distributor to get off their lazy butt and get them in stock. It isn't like Abit is just hording them in some warehouse in Fremont. They are out there grrrrr :mad: It's killing my sales.

I wish I could sell hundreds at a time because then I would just not use a distributor.

Yeah, Frys has them at all their stores yet I can't get one distributor to get off their lazy butt and get them in stock. It isn't like Abit is just hording them in some warehouse in Fremont. They are out there grrrrr :mad: It's killing my sales.

I wish I could sell hundreds at a time because then I would just not use a distributor.

I was considering ordering from you after we found out more on the OC potential.....but I just can't pass up a chance for immediate gratification by picking it up today, not to mention I can easily return it within 30 days if my results are not satisfactory ;)

I checked with the Seattle area Fry's and they don't have them yet if it makes you feel better Steeeeve.

Well that 10x multi isn't going to help me decide! :mad: 360 is the tops right now. Invisible wall above this - board voltage?

If Abit locked the PCI-E @ 120fsb, that would be exactly where it would die...

I was considering ordering from you after we found out more on the OC potential.....but I just can't pass up a chance for immediate gratification by picking it up today, not to mention I can easily return it within 30 days if my results are not satisfactory ;)

Yeah, online stores have to have the 15% restocking fee since which is the downside to being online. It is complicated but has to be done :)

Why won't anybody use clockgen on this board? Could just be a bios limit. Funny how most boards will give you a extra 100 FSB with the use of clockgen. Hopefully the board can do 450 with clockgen.

There is finally a BIOS folder for F-I90HD and the latest is :

m612a11.zip

BIOS release V.11 for F-I90HD
Release information:
[ENGLISH]
1. First release.
2. BIOS compiled date: 2/11/2007

So I guess there is nothing new but now you can remove the EVALUATION ROM message at boot I beleive.

this is the last past of the puzzle that I need.
The BIOS?

I took a look with the old AWARD BIOS editor but the setup menu is unreadable. I never looked into BIOS editing but I wanted to know if the CPU multiplier could be there but hidden.

The BIOS?

I took a look with the old AWARD BIOS editor but the setup menu is unreadable. I never looked into BIOS editing but I wanted to know if the CPU multiplier could be there but hidden.

I am waiting on this board to build my new rig, I have been planning and planning it out and the time is almost here:

Silverstone SG-01B Evolution
this motherboard
E4300
Silverstone NT03
Silverstone FX121
3-80mm Scythe MNB Medium case fans
Corsair 620W
2x1GB teamgroup PC6400
EVGA 8800GTS
WD5000KS
Samsung SATA DVDRW

dammit I want this board now.

I am waiting on this board to build my new rig, I have been planning and planning it out and the time is almost here:

Silverstone SG-01B Evolution
this motherboard
E4300
Silverstone NT03
Silverstone FX121
3-80mm Scythe MNB Medium case fans
Corsair 620W
2x1GB teamgroup PC6400
EVGA 8800GTS
WD5000KS
Samsung SATA DVDRW

dammit I want this board now.

The NT06 with no FX121 is better.

Noctua fans are also great :)

I sell all of the Silverstone and fan products :p

The NT06 with no FX121 is better.

Noctua fans are also great :)

I sell all of the Silverstone and fan products :p

Would that be the NT06 without a fan on it? Call me old fashioned I would rather have a fan on my CPU cooler.

Would that be the NT06 without a fan on it? Call me old fashioned I would rather have a fan on my CPU cooler.

yeah, without a fan. It actually works really well and is one of my top sellers. The NT03 is actually discontinued.

Fatality.jpg

I'm happy to report that this board is definitely a keeper! I was able to Overclock easily to 3.25ghz on my C2D E6700 (3.25x10) and my gaming perfomance with BF2142 is comparable to my 680i with the same components and overclocks! The OC is 100% stable after an hour of playing BF2142 and I have not detected any Snap, Crackle, Pop from my X-fi during orbital strikes!

My config:

Fatailty F-I90HD
C2D E6700 @3.25 ghz (325x10 1.325 Vcore, 1.87 NB)
2GB Patriot LLK 4-4-4-12
BFG 8800GTS OC @619 1800
X-Fi Fatality
160GB Raptor
Seasonic M12 700W PSU
USB DVD/RW
Motorolla Wireless adapter
Gateway FPD2485W 24" LCD
Logitech 5500D w/ Klipsch RSX Satellites

I'm going to continue to test stability and gaming perfomance with my current OC and then may try to see if it will go a little higher in the next few days after I see what results others achieve. Even if it will OC higher, I'm happy with the current settings and will run it as is once I transfer the system into my Fragbox.

I think this board will be ideal with a 6600 or higher or the cheap 4300 or 4400 if you are on a budget:D

That's me :D :D Put in my order today for one. NOW I just hafta find this board somewhere!

DandH just got 10 of them in stock but they are not my primary distributor. If ASI doesn't get them tomorrow morning then I will purchase a few from DandH.

I gotta start selling them before I cry. Stupid distributors. I cant say that enough

If you can have them to where I can get one by the end of next week I'd gladly buy it from you, say the 15th or 16. (Spring break next week, won't need it till the end.) Is the pre order still up?

I'm excited for this, I should be building a 2nd rig around this board before the end of the month if all goes accordingly.

Sg01e
Abit i90-HD
Silverstone stf50e 500w PSU
e6400 (maybe e6600)
eVGA 8800gts 640mb
2gb Buffalo Firestix ddr2-800
320gb WD 16meg SATAII
Lite-On Optical
X-Fi FPS

I meant to contact you Steve about this. As soon as the i90 is available on your site I'm going to hopefully be purchasing an Sg01, Board and PSU from you. I'll let you know in a few days.

DandH just got 10 of them in stock but they are not my primary distributor. If ASI doesn't get them tomorrow morning then I will purchase a few from DandH.

No luck with ASI here in Toronto either, as of right now. I'll keep checking and let you know.

There is finally a BIOS folder for F-I90HD and the latest is :

m612a11.zip

BIOS release V.11 for F-I90HD
Release information:
[ENGLISH]
1. First release.
2. BIOS compiled date: 2/11/2007

So I guess there is nothing new but now you can remove the EVALUATION ROM message at boot I beleive.
Even though this says "first release," I think this may be a new one. I think the shipping boards with the "evaluation ROM" actually have a beta bios.

Why? ...because it shows multi control already unlocked in this bios. Under "External Clock" under the Softmenu Setup screen, there should be a Multiplier Factor option showing. It's not hidden in the bios I am looking at.

There are a ton of hidden things in this bios, most of them basically useless. PCI-E Frequency, PCI Frequency, NB 1.2 voltage(??) and advanced memory timings are all there to be unlocked... except this is one of the new 1MB Award bios that can't be saved with MODBIN. :(

Fatality.jpg

I'm happy to report that this board is definitely a keeper! I was able to Overclock easily to 3.25ghz on my C2D E6700 (3.25x10) and my gaming perfomance with BF2142 is comparable to my 680i with the same components and overclocks! The OC is 100% stable after an hour of playing BF2142 and I have not detected any Snap, Crackle, Pop from my X-fi during orbital strikes!

My config:

Fatailty F-I90HD
C2D E6700 @3.25 ghz (325x10 1.325 Vcore, 1.87 NB)
2GB Patriot LLK 4-4-4-12
BFG 8800GTS OC @619 1800
X-Fi Fatality
160GB Raptor
Seasonic M12 700W PSU
USB DVD/RW
Motorolla Wireless adapter
Gateway FPD2485W 24" LCD
Logitech 5500D w/ Klipsch RSX Satellites

I'm going to continue to test stability and gaming perfomance with my current OC and then may try to see if it will go a little higher in the next few days after I see what results others achieve. Even if it will OC higher, I'm happy with the current settings and will run it as is once I transfer the system into my Fragbox.
can you check on max FSB. It seems ppl are hitting a wall at 350FSB which is not great, but not that bad.

So, Dworley, I take it it isn't many problems with using a long/dual cooler video card like the 8800 series and SATA devices?

Hi, i got my board last sunday and it was chiped with bios date 22/02/2007.
So is this the same like on the abit ftp download site?

Back