Gamestop Halo3:ODST Midnight Release Locations

I won't be doing a midnight launch, but will be there launch day.

I pre-ordered 2 copies (for me and my younger brother), & I'll be awake at midnight, so I figure why not? lol

Definitely looking forward to the new Firefight mode. I got a chance to play it at PAX a couple weeks back and it was pretty damn fun xD

confirm if i am right in my understanding of ODST,

it is from what i read a 6 hour sp game, with all the halo 3 mp maps? for 50 to 60 dollars?

now if you are a big halo fan wouldn't you already have bought all the map packs?

that seems very expensive for a very short game.

Mac[X-D];1034644110 said:

it is from what i read a 6 hour sp game, with all the halo 3 mp maps? for 50 to 60 dollars?

now if you are a big halo fan wouldn't you already have bought all the map packs?

Yep it was originally announced as DLC but it's M$, so they slapped the Halo multplayer maps in there and charged full price. But what's fucked is you cant play the maps or characters from ODST in multilayer.

And there is no matchmatching in Firefight, you have to hunt down friends, invite them then play, no logging in on a random host and joining a game like Horde does.

Yep it was originally announced as DLC but it's M$, so they slapped the Halo multplayer maps in there and charged full price. But what's fucked is you cant play the maps or characters from ODST in multilayer.

And there is no matchmatching in Firefight, you have to hunt down friends, invite them then play, no logging in on a random host and joining a game like Horde does.

woaa didn't see that comming. Never mind then because if thats how firefight works theres not enough of my friends online constantly to play.

Mac[X-D];1034644110 said:

Six hour game, so thats $10 an hour not including tax
:( is there a happy ending at the end of the game

Halo is to Xbox as Half-Life is to PC :p

Halo 3: ODST was originally planned to be just an expansion pack available for purchase on the Xbox Live Marketplace... as development went on, the game became larger and larger, and they added a new multiplayer section and the campaign kept on growing till it got to the point where it was a full game.

So it is a 6+ hour campaign story mode that gives more insight into the Halo storyline, featuring new playable characters with new gameplay mechanisms (Visor HUD), 2 new weapons, new bad guy character, new multiplayer mode (Firefight) which supports Xbox Live but has no matchmaking, so you can only play with your friends over xbox live.

It comes with a 2nd disc that contains Halo 3 Multiplayer, with ALL MAP PACKS included on the disc. Basically if you like Halo3, but you don't play campaign, you could essentially sell it and buy ODST, then you would still have all of Halo3's Multiplayer functionality using the 2nd disc of ODST.

For Halo fans who have played and love Halo, Halo 2, & Halo 3, it's a no brainer for $60.
For the casual gamer, it will be a fun game that for most, will be worth the $60.

I think that the problem with Halo 3: ODST getting such a bad rep, is that people are going to be rating it and reviewing it based on the price of the game. If Portal cost $100 it would still be a friggin amazing game.. it would cost a helluva lot more than anyone would want to pay, but it would still be a good game and the price shouldn't affect the score of the game in ratings/reviews... sadly, this is/will be the case for ODST. Also, it is no longer classified as an Expansion Pack. So you're not paying $60 for an expansion pack, you're paying that for a full game.

It has the same game engine that Halo3 does so it will feel identical to the gameplay of Halo3, but it has a new game feel with the new levels, storyline, multiplayer, characters, guns, etc.

When it comes down to it, I think if you are already planning on buying this game, then you will... and if you aren't already sure you're going to buy it, you'll probably end up waiting till the price drops to $39.

</end of rant>

More then Killzone?

I do, but I won't be waiting at midnight...

This is just an expensive DLC designed to hang us over until Halo: Reach.

Well, I don't think will really be lines of people waiting.. I'm plannin on just driving 5 minutes to Gamestop at 11:45, and 20 minutes later I'll probably be on my way back home to play it.

Nothing like Halo 2 or Halo 3. crazy mobs of people everywhere lol

I view it as a little extra to tie people off till Reach aswell... The time between Halo 3 and Reach, is still going to be the same as Halo > Halo 2 and Halo 2 > Halo 3, so we just got an extra game out of them in between. Uses the same engine as Halo 3 because obviously, it would have taken another year or two (if not more) to develop if they had to rewrite the game's engine.

More then Killzone?

I do, but I won't be waiting at midnight...

This is just an expensive DLC designed to hang us over until Halo: Reach.

I don't. Halo <<< Killzone IMO. I got bored of Halo 3 faster than I did with KZ.

odst was never announced as dlc.

odst was never announced as dlc.

Yeah, I was thinking the exact thing. The only thing I remember was they said it wouldn't be a full price game, or that it'd be inexpensive. It was something along those lines, but obviously it never happened when they later announced it would be a 60 dollar game.

It’s already been said, but basically the single player campaign and extras takes around the same amount of time to finish as Halo 3. Then it has the Firefight multiplayer mode. Finally it has the entire Halo 3 multiplayer, including all the current maps and three new ones. With firefight it’s unfortunate that it does not have match-making, but should still be very fun. I only play Horde (GoW2) and Terrorist Hunt (Rainbow Six Vegas 2) with friends, so I’m set and am looking forward to it.

It basically is an upgraded Halo 3:
Halo 3 (UNSC [NOT the USMC!] Marines) Nazi (Covenant) Zombies (forces).

Started a game coop with a friend on legendary last night and we both think the game is ok at best I guess. I'm not a hardcore halo fan by any means but I have beat all the games and enjoyed them and I would say this is by far the worst one in the series. My friend who is a hardcore halo fan also thinks the same thing. It is just more halo and if that is what you are looking for then I am sure you will enjoy the game to a certain extent. We both have the same complaints about the game first off the music sucks. When you are playing as the rookie the music is soft kind of like dream music and for us made us very tired and didnt have the epic feeling like the music in the third one did. The music changes it pace when you are playing as the other ODST members and it is hit or miss. Some times the music is good and the other times we were like WTF is up with this music and were laughing about how bad it was. Second when playing as the rookie you can run through the whole level with out fighting which we started doing to get to the other more action ODST parts playing as the other members. Granted it was a choice to do this but to us it was better then listen to the dream music and the fights as the rookie are few and really spread out and just feels slow and boring. Third it is short and even shorter if you start skipping most of the rookie fights. Three hours in on legendary and we only have three parts left maybe two more hours to complete the game for a total of about five hours on legendary. Fourth no matchmaking for firefight and no new maps planned for firefight read about it here with only ten maps I could see this getting old fast.

Now for the plus sides of the game. It's moah haloes!!111! for those of you who are huge halo fans. The graphics are better than halo 3. Firefight mode is awesome if you have three other friends to play with. Legendary mode feels harder than it did in halo 3.

Overall I would give the game a 6-7 out of 10 and have canceled my pre-order of the game because to my friend and I we just feel the game is not worth it for $60. $30-40 yes but not $60 and will wait for the price to drop before I pick it up. There are just too many other triple A games coming out later this year that I would rather play and ODST just feels like it was halfassed done for a $60 price tag and is milking the series. Anyways that is my two cents on the game and hope it helps people who are sitting on the fence about it.

Last edited:
Do you have a source on that? I never heard that either.

"This long and pondering intro is to make you think a bit about the question before you respond to Microsoft's justification for charging $60 for a game they originally claimed was viewed as almost An expansion: Halo: ODST. Originally both Brian Jerrard and Joe Staten of Bungie said the game was not going to be full retail, with Jerrard literally spewing the words "We do not view this as a $60 title."" Link

They didnt say DLC but they did claim it was an expansion and not worth $60. Which from my rant above it isn't IMO.

"This long and pondering intro is to make you think a bit about the question before you respond to Microsoft's justification for charging $60 for a game they originally claimed was viewed as almost An expansion: Halo: ODST. Originally both Brian Jerrard and Joe Staten of Bungie said the game was not going to be full retail, with Jerrard literally spewing the words "We do not view this as a $60 title."" Link

They didnt say DLC but they did claim it was an expansion and not worth $60. Which from my rant above it isn't IMO.

Thanks dwk, I was looking for that for Technoob but couldn't find it. This is what I read a while back ago but I coundn't fine the link.

Buy.com has it on sale for $50.99. Im going to sell my pre-order code on ebay for hopefully $10 to make this a $40 game to me.

And I wasn't saying it was, I was disputing the idea that it was ever dlc, which it never was. I never disputed that it was originally planned as a less expensive expansion pack.

WTF... no match making for Firefight??? I never played any of the other halo's.. figured this would be a nice start. I really liked Horde mode on Gears of War 2.. and when I saw the firefight mode.. I figured it would be more of the same.. but in halo. What a bitch.. why couldnt they put that in there.

I work a swing shift and was going to pick it up after work... I pre-prdered.. but now im having second thoughts if there is no match making..

@Technoob

Dude if it was originally discussed as being an expansion it would have been dlc and retail I'm sure.

Quit being anal.

@Technoob

Dude if it was originally discussed as being an expansion it would have been dlc and retail I'm sure.

Quit being anal.

Huh? There's a difference between a 39 dollar expansion and a 10 dollar map pack dlc. and odst was never that.

we had ours by 10;30pm last night as we preordered it and were allowed to get it before 12;00am :p

Started a game coop with a friend on legendary last night and we both think the game is ok at best I guess. I'm not a hardcore halo fan by any means but I have beat all the games and enjoyed them and I would say this is by far the worst one in the series. My friend who is a hardcore halo fan also thinks the same thing. It is just more halo and if that is what you are looking for then I am sure you will enjoy the game to a certain extent. We both have the same complaints about the game first off the music sucks. When you are playing as the rookie the music is soft kind of like dream music and for us made us very tired and didnt have the epic feeling like the music in the third one did. The music changes it pace when you are playing as the other ODST members and it is hit or miss. Some times the music is good and the other times we were like WTF is up with this music and were laughing about how bad it was. Second when playing as the rookie you can run through the whole level with out fighting which we started doing to get to the other more action ODST parts playing as the other members. Granted it was a choice to do this but to us it was better then listen to the dream music and the fights as the rookie are few and really spread out and just feels slow and boring. Third it is short and even shorter if you start skipping most of the rookie fights. Three hours in on legendary and we only have three parts left maybe two more hours to complete the game for a total of about five hours on legendary. Fourth no matchmaking for firefight and no new maps planned for firefight read about it here with only ten maps I could see this getting old fast.

Now for the plus sides of the game. It's moah haloes!!111! for those of you who are huge halo fans. The graphics are better than halo 3. Firefight mode is awesome if you have three other friends to play with. Legendary mode feels harder than it did in halo 3.

Overall I would give the game a 6-7 out of 10 and have canceled my pre-order of the game because to my friend and I we just feel the game is not worth it for $60. $30-40 yes but not $60 and will wait for the price to drop before I pick it up. There are just too many other triple A games coming out later this year that I would rather play and ODST just feels like it was halfassed done for a $60 price tag and is milking the series. Anyways that is my two cents on the game and hope it helps people who are sitting on the fence about it.

WOW, thats actually what I was expecting. Thanks for the heads up.

Huh? There's a difference between a 39 dollar expansion and a 10 dollar map pack dlc. and odst was never that.

That's what I meant in the 1st place expansion/dlc. If you can get a game or add-on content through the means of downloading the content then I consider that dlc.

They originally referred to it as an expansion, they would have delivered it via retail and dlc, and there is plenty of dlc out there that cost's way more than 10 bucks. Just like Fallout 3 DLC. ODST is no diferent, same engine, 2 new weapons, 1 new enemy, and some added player skins.

That's what I meant in the 1st place expansion/dlc. If you can get a game or add-on content through the means of downloading the content then I consider that dlc.

They originally referred to it as an expansion, they would have delivered it via retail and dlc, and there is plenty of dlc out there that cost's way more than 10 bucks. Just like Fallout 3 DLC. ODST is no diferent, same engine, 2 new weapons, 1 new enemy, and some added player skins.

You're forgetting the entire environment that you're playing it...

No, the city of Mombasa is significantly larger than a map pack... There's more to the city than a lot of full games.

just because it is significantly larger doesn't mean the quality is worth 59.99 :rolleyes: You can get a live arcade game for a 1/4 for the price with more hours of game play. Hell gears of war 2 did a similar thing with all the map packs and a new single player expansion for only $20. The only reason this game is getting away with it is because it has the word halo in it and it making everybody blind.

just because it is significantly larger doesn't mean the quality is worth 59.99 :rolleyes: You can get a live arcade game for a 1/4 for the price with more hours of game play. Hell gears of war 2 did a similar thing with all the map packs and a new single player expansion for only $20. The only reason this game is getting away with it is because it has the word halo in it and it making everybody blind.

If you read my posts you'd know that I never said that it was...

Back