Galaxy S3 delay... anyone else have luck or updates?

You're doing it wrong. So, so, SO wrong.

LOL

Shock and scratching also, yipes...

Just.. just get a sandisk sansa 2 or 4gb mini player and leave Galaxy alone!!

I'm thinking of getting a used Zune HD to play around. Not a big fan of iTunes so iPod is totally out of the picture, plus I did own several in the past so it's time for something new. :D

Or grab an used Galaxy S from craigslist, cheap as heck!

The Zune HD does have an HD radio.

Amazon is driving me crazy sending me nightly emails asking me to accept delays in sending my phone or to cancel the pre-order.

Still not much has changed with my Amazon pre-order, still saying "shipping on the 28th" but they keep saying the SIM card will ship separately, and ahead, of the phone. However, every night, the SIM card doesn't ship that day and they send me an annoying email asking me to log in to accept the delay in shipping or to cancel the SIM card. So damn annoying, I've had to log in six days in a row now to click a stupid approve button. *bangs head against wall*

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay in shipping item(s) in the order you placed on June 14, 2012 (Order# 104-............).

1 of "AT&T Mini-SIM 3FF 3G/4G/LTE UICC-F"

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

If you do not want us to cancel this order, please view and approve the new delivery date on the Order Details page in Your Account at http://amazonwireless.com/your-account.

My verizon preorder still says 7/9. My mothers is 7/10, so seems like it's coming in waves depending on pre-order date.

My verizon preorder still says 7/9. My mothers is 7/10, so seems like it's coming in waves depending on pre-order date.

Where do you see what it says for a ship date after you pre-order? I got a confirmation email the day I pre-ordered but I haven't seen anything else on my account about it, other than that if I try to go to "Upgrade" it says there is an upgrade pending and I need to activate the new phone (when I get it, of course...).

Where do you see what it says for a ship date after you pre-order? I got a confirmation email the day I pre-ordered but I haven't seen anything else on my account about it, other than that if I try to go to "Upgrade" it says there is an upgrade pending and I need to activate the new phone (when I get it, of course...).

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

Enter your pre-order # and last name, it'll show your info on the right :). I ordered fairly late so mine's saying 7/11/2012 as the ship date.

Gotcha, thanks. Mine still says 7/9/12 which is what it said when I pre-ordered.

Weird, mine doesn't say when the expected ship date is =o just that they got the order and is in process.

Yeah, it vanished for me too now as of tonight, a lot of people on XDA are reporting the same. Probably just a hiccup.

Well, after originally placing my pre-order @ Amazon on the 14th, I have canceled the order. They kept pushing the date back on me and this morning, after getting pushed back to July 13th, I said enough was enough. People on XDA were ordering directly from ATT after I pre-ordered and were already getting their phones.

Hopefully I will have better luck ordering directly from ATT Premier.

Hopefully I will have better luck ordering directly from ATT Premier.
YES! I should have done this earlier, canceled Amazon and ordered from ATT at 5:25AM and now at 5:25PM, I have a UPS tracking number from ATT, my S3 is on the way!

2znmqz4.jpg

Last edited:
So, anyone whos actually gotten theirs. Have you cracked the screen yet? I've been seeing enough reports to make me a bit worried about its fragility. Did you buy the carrier insurance? Third party insurance? Are you worried?

I'm still rocking the droid 1 and I've put it through hell. I was super careful with it when I first got it but you know, after a while of it not ones cherished electronics not getting messed up, you tend to become rather lax. I've dropped it from my ear, had it fly out of my lap when getting out of my car, fall with almost a thrust when missing my pocket, and its still virtually unscathed; well the metal and plastic look pretty similar to the mark 7 at the end of the avengers but its fully functional.

No cracked screen, been dropped twice by careless idiots checking it out. I put a screen protector on, no case and it resides in my pocket, when not in use.

I'm not worried.

I've been seeing enough reports to make me a bit worried about its fragility.
Where? I haven't seen any reports like this. The S3 has much better glass than the glass of my 4 year old iPhone and I never broke it. I'm not worried.

Where? I haven't seen any reports like this. The S3 has much better glass than the glass of my 4 year old iPhone and I never broke it. I'm not worried.

Reports was probably the wrong word but googling I've seen enough user accounts to make me personally concerned.

No cracked screen, been dropped twice by careless idiots checking it out. I put a screen protector on, no case and it resides in my pocket, when not in use.

I'm not worried.

That is settling. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

This is a concern of mine, too. For whatever reason, I have been a bit drop-happy with my DX lately. My $4 case from ebay has served me well!

Just ordered mine through AT&T Premier... hopefully I get the same results as above. It did say it will ship within 10 business days though.

Just ordered mine through AT&T Premier... hopefully I get the same results as above. It did say it will ship within 10 business days though.

So did my email. You'll have a tracking number by about 9pm EST tonight.

So did my email. You'll have a tracking number by about 9pm EST tonight.

This is great!!! I already have one. I logged in and looked at "My Orders" and it's listed right there. Delivers on the 5th!

What colors have people been ordering? Seems like Blue is the most readily available color right now, but no idea what else people are rocking

What colors have people been ordering? Seems like Blue is the most readily available color right now, but no idea what else people are rocking
I ordered my blue on Friday, it'll be here tomorrow. :cool:

I ordered white. I like the look, but I don't think it'll matter much as it'll be in a case anyways.

I got 2 Blue on the 20th, returned them and got a white overnighted to me on the 26th and received on the 27th.

Mine arrived at 1pm, by 2:50pm it was rooted and CWM-Recovery installed. I really like it so far even the blue color is decent. I still would have preferred black or grey but would not have been happy with white at all.

Major improvement over my old iPhone 3G.

Back