Galaxy Note 7 shipments suspended over reports of exploding units

So Samsung has halt production after replacements are also burning if not blowing up.

And here I was waiting for cheap refurbs...

So Samsung has halt production after replacements are also burning if not blowing up.

And here I was waiting for cheap refurbs...

Hey if you need a pocket-fire starter, just hop on Craigslist ;)

If he who shall not be named is still here, he'd probably find a way to blame Apple and HTC for this. :ROFLMAO:

3 of the 4 major providers have stopped selling it. I do tech support for one of them and the only thing I do is day to return it to the store and get something else... This is not good for Samsung. But can be for lg if they can capitalize with the v20

You guys hear about the guy who almost died of smoke inhalation after his phone exploded?

I call bullshit, but still, funny to read.

Looks like all four carriers have announced that they are ceasing all sales and replacements of the Note 7, and recommending all to exchange the phone. After Sprint announced its plans to allow their customers to exchange it to any device, I think all other major carriers are following suit with the any device promise. I wonder if people are successfully trading it in for iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, aka the most expensive device most carriers are selling.

What device do you want to switch to, or are you just going to keep your phone and hope that it doesn't blow up on you while you're using it with GearVR?

You guys hear about the guy who almost died of smoke inhalation after his phone exploded?

I call bullshit, but still, funny to read.

Electrical fires are no joke. They're quite noxious and not anything you'd ever want to breath.

Hadn't heard of it tho

As usual we have absolutely no options in Canada. No one is talking (carriers or Samsung Canada.).

If I'm given the option to returb my device, I'll be reading for a Pixel XL. Anything other than a Note device is a compromise feature wise, so I'm hopeful that Google can bring their A game with the Pixel phone...

At this point it is getting to be a joke carrying a Note device. Never ending jokes about the device exploding, questions about hearibg about the latest incident etc... Also there is more lag than my Note 5 which seems a bit ridiculous...

If anything, I guess it gives me something to read about in tech news... Overall, I do like the device. No one has made a smaller, easier to hold 5.7" phone. It is a nice looking device as well.

Yep, the Note 7 is dead. I don't see this coming back into the market.
I will get the LG V20 to replace it or if I can get a free lighting splitter for the iPhone plus, I will go that route.

Note series is dead after this. Wow

I guess I am going to trade mine back in for the S7 Edge. I used it for a bit while waiting on my *NEW V2* Note 7 and it was not that bad. I liked the size of the Note 7 but seeing it next to the V20 I just don't think I can make that jump, that is a big ass phone.

I guess I am going to trade mine back in for the S7 Edge. I used it for a bit while waiting on my *NEW V2* Note 7 and it was not that bad. I liked the size of the Note 7 but seeing it next to the V20 I just don't think I can make that jump, that is a big ass phone.

Funny...considering the v20 is the exact same size as the iPhone7+, and the v20 is darn close to the same size as the Note7 (all of 5mm difference).

Methinks you got fooled due to the black default wallpaper on the Sammy and the bright color wall on the v20.

Wow... I just finished with this thread and was browsing the forum when all of a sudden Google Play services crashes and my phone restarts... Then it kept boot looping... I finally caught it at the lock screen between restarts so I could power it off

I waited a bit while I ate super and powered it back on. It stopped restarting but my home screen icons were mostly missing and a few were there that usually are in folders... The other home screens weren't affected.

I Used the Samsung cloud restore and now I'm back where I started... WTF?

Samsung: "Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device."

Wow! That's what Samsung get for being greedy assholes instead of calling for a recall in the first place and then not rushing out with poorly tested replacements that would have only hurt stock prices in the short run. Now good luck digging out of that hole, Samsung. I don't think that the Galaxy S8 would have very much preorder sells, no matter how good is it marketed. Everyone would be wondering if it will blow up when it is strapped onto your face.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahahaaaaa.....

Stick a damn fork in the Note 7..... Its done...

I wouldnt expect there to be another note device at all.. I am sure Samsung will do another phablet, but I doubt it'll have the note name attached.

So instead of Samsung disabling the functionality themselves, it took Oculus to disable it for GearVR...

Oculus disables Gear VR on Galaxy Note 7 over safety fears

I dunno if these greedy ass bastards simply cannot do it, or that they are cowards for taking earnings over coming out telling people that strapping a potential bomb to your face is an awful idea.

Funny...considering the v20 is the exact same size as the iPhone7+, and the v20 is darn close to the same size as the Note7 (all of 5mm difference).

Methinks you got fooled due to the black default wallpaper on the Sammy and the bright color wall on the v20.

I was going by the actual photos of the devices being compared. Maybe I am being fooled but it looks like a much larger phone and the Note 7 with a thin case was already pushing it.

front.jpg

side.jpg

bottom.jpg

Man this sucks....

Long time iphone user. Just switched to android and bought a replacement note 7 as soon as they started selling them again... Not sure what to do now. I love my phone. Guessing either Pixel XL or LG V20 as others have mentioned?

Man this sucks....

Long time iphone user. Just switched to android and bought a replacement note 7 as soon as they started selling them again... Not sure what to do now. I love my phone. Guessing either Pixel XL or LG V20 as others have mentioned?

I'm skipping the V20. I don't like the LG skin and LG phones don't hold their value.

Pixel or iPhone. The two best experiences for their OS.

So instead of Samsung disabling the functionality themselves, it took Oculus to disable it for GearVR...

Oculus disables Gear VR on Galaxy Note 7 over safety fears

I dunno if these greedy ass bastards simply cannot do it, or that they are cowards for taking earnings over coming out telling people that strapping a potential bomb to your face is an awful idea.

I returned mine yesterday and thankfully I opted to get teh free 256GB card twice.
The phone does get very hot using the Gear VR, unaffected phone or not.

I'm skipping the V20. I don't like the LG skin and LG phones don't hold their value.

Pixel or iPhone. The two best experiences for their OS.

I returned mine yesterday and thankfully I opted to get teh free 256GB card twice.
The phone does get very hot using the Gear VR, unaffected phone or not.

Tell that to the Nexus 6.

If I had to bet money....the Pixel won't hold its value well either. And even Google's "latest" phone is running a 2+ year old kernel that in 3 months will cease getting upstream support (3.18 LTS kernel ceases upstream support January 2017)....and when that happens Qualcomm isn't far behind.

Releasing a brand new Android phone in Q4 2016 with the 3.18 kernel is monumental idiocy by Google. Also a colossal jerk move, considering Qualcomm will probably not care about maintaining drivers in February.

$17 billion is what the Note 7 is costing Samsung. That doesn't even include the hurt the brand itself is going to take or the hurt Galaxy S8 and Note 8 sales will have as customers will be scared.

All because Samsung was rumored to rush Note 7 to try to out do iPhone 7...

I don't think there will be a Note8. The Note branding is synonymous with failure, bomb, and greed now. My guess is that the bigger version of the Galaxy S will have the stylus, gimmicky or not.

What Samsung has done here is prove that they just don't care about customer safety until it is too late.

Last edited:

If I had to bet money....the Pixel won't hold its value well either. And even Google's "latest" phone is running a 2+ year old kernel that in 3 months will cease getting upstream support (3.18 LTS kernel ceases upstream support January 2017)....and when that happens Qualcomm isn't far behind.

Releasing a brand new Android phone in Q4 2016 with the 3.18 kernel is monumental idiocy by Google. Also a colossal jerk move, considering Qualcomm will probably not care about maintaining drivers in February.

I will have to accept your knowledge on this subject. I don't know much about kernels.
But if Pixel's value also drops, not having a strong flagship from Samsung or Google until late next year isn't good.

I sold three iPhone's for good money the day after the iPhone 7 announcement. People really wanted those headphone jacks, lol. The only phones that can sell nearly as well are the Galaxy S and Note lines. The Note being dead and the S8 will come under heavy criticism, I don't see good resale value for Samsung phones in the near future. I will not get a S7 or S8 because people will not pay anywhere near your asking price because of the brand damage.

Apple will rule 2017. Sad but true.

Samsung needs to release a small screen like 4.7", Exynos metal phone that is very safe. But it has to be fast like the iPhone SE.

Didn't they test a few hundred samples for this issue over the summer? Or why not?

Android will never operate as fast as iOS because of how it works: it sits in a virtual machine on top of an abstraction layer that talks with the hardware, in a manner similar to how virtual machines run on traditional PCs (guest on top of host). iOS is bare metal efficiency and Android will simply never be able to match that level of performance. It can get close in some respects but it'll never really be that fast unless Google scraps it all and starts fresh on the bare metal.

I had hopes Andromeda might do something like that, and it very well could, but it remains to be seen what's to come of this "new" thing whenever they get around to actually talking about it.

That's too much detail. Most apps people use are not that serious and they will never have expandable storage.

I'll bet Samsung is ballsy enough to keep the Note name on their next revision. I'm sure they're more creative, but I can't think of any other name that sounds nearly as good as "Note" for a phablet. Hell even other OEMs are using the same name.

The Nexus 6 was kinda the bastard child of the Nexus line though because it was just too big for most people's preference, so it wasn't nearly as popular as the N5 and 6P sold before and after it. It was even being sold new and refurbs for around $400 before the 6P launched.

Demand accounts for most of the resale value. If the phone isn't very popular (like the iPhone), then it's certainly going to sell for much less than those that are are more popular. Common promos for popular Android phones where you can buy one get one free or get one at a significant initial cost savings don't help their resale much either.

I'll bet Samsung is ballsy enough to keep the Note name on their next revision. I'm sure they're more creative, but I can't think of any other name that sounds nearly as good as "Note" for a phablet. Hell even other OEMs are using the same name.

They'll reinforce this one with ballistics grade Kevlar to reduce explosions by 90%.

Well. I called TMo customer service and wanted to switch to the iPhone 7. They needed to make room for it so they paid off the Note 7.
The phone is still active. So I'm going to keep it until A) Samsung offers a discount on the S8 via trade in, and B) Use it as a development phone.

The iPhone will be my everyday phone. Note 7 for making cool app stuff.

Well. I called TMo customer service and wanted to switch to the iPhone 7. They needed to make room for it so they paid off the Note 7.
The phone is still active. So I'm going to keep it until A) Samsung offers a discount on the S8 via trade in, and B) Use it as a development phone.

The iPhone will be my everyday phone. Note 7 for making cool app stuff.

You get to keep it?

Back