G4 Station is Being Canceled

Another thing I like about g4 is their "movies for guys" on like saturday afternoon. That is one of the few bright spots besides ninja warrior.

didn't G4 do the "movies that don't suck" also?

but, I'd watch G4 before Syfy....what a trash piece of shit that station is.

necro!

Reanimated video game culture hub G4 will return to linear TV on November 16th, with carriage deals in place on Verizon FiOS, Cox, Xfinity TV and Philo...in announcing its return, the network also said it will also have a multi-year promotional and commercial partnership with Twitch...it also plans to continue putting out channel-specific content on social media and YouTube

G4 said its talent roster will include returning hosts Kevin Pereira, Adam Sessler and more...

https://deadline.com/2021/10/g4-network-sets-linear-tv-return-verizon-fios-xfinity-philo-1234854513/

Interesting. Hopefully YouTube TV will pick it up...or I'll just have to stream it from somewhere else.

Wow - blast from the past.

Who do they expect to watch this? It's 2021 - few under the age of 40 subscribes to linear TV. The vast majority under 30 live on Twitch, YouTube, and other streaming platforms.

Wow - blast from the past.

Who do they expect to watch this? It's 2021 - few under the age of 40 subscribes to linear TV. The vast majority under 30 live on Twitch, YouTube, and other streaming platforms.
I expect they will stream episodes on Twitch. and probably stream some exclusive content with devs or game reveals. Rather than youtube always being the place for that.

Adam already does pretty good views on youtube.

Gaming is at an all time high for mainstream popularity. They should have a few strong years out of this, with little effort.

Nice, hopefully they have suitable replacements for Olivia Munn and Sara Underwood as well. 😁

Reactions: Nobu
like this
In <current year>? Doubt it.
Yeah, I had another comment about them being replace with some trans person now or something, but decided best not to soapbox it. You dun dragged it out of me now though! :p

IGN still seems to know how important it is to have an attractive female host though, despite them having yet to replace Sydnee Goodman for the past few months.

Most of the talent was good, though Kevin Perreira seemed to have an ego on him despite being a nobody - proven when G4 got canned and he disappeared while Olivia Munn went on to do X Men. Even Adam Sessler still had technical / commentary gigs going on.

But yeah at this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if it was diversity and rainbows first, rather than just plain fun (or cute girls in maid outfits) like it used to be.

The entire MXC library is available on Amazon. I think IMDB, too. Finding old Japanese Ninja Warrior episodes is a bit more challenging, though. There are plenty of highlights and random single episodes, but it's tough to watch 'em all in a row via a normal streaming service. I'm always surprised nobody has picked up the real (French) version of Fort Boyard, too. Feels like a perfect fit for G4.

But yeah at this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if it was diversity and rainbows first, rather than just plain fun (or cute girls in maid outfits) like it used to be.
It's just a matter of time before the #TwitchTittyContent crossover :pompous:

I don't know if they can pull off skits like they used to.

olivia-munn-hotdogs.gif

Olivia Munn was the cute chick that trash talked like one of the fellas. That was her appeal for me at the time. Was she the hottest chick around? No but that really wasn't the point / appeal anyway. It was the combination of looks + humor. Funny cute chick > meh personality hot chick.

BTW: That GIF is going to haunt her for the rest of her life lol!

Most of the talent was good, though Kevin Perreira seemed to have an ego on him despite being a nobody - proven when G4 got canned and he disappeared while Olivia Munn went on to do X Men. Even Adam Sessler still had technical / commentary gigs going on.

G4 has actually been back for a month or so now and it is very much like it used to be. Sessler and Kevin are back and the rest of the crew is mostly newer, younger people. They do have a lot of diversity on the show, but it isn't the in your face forced type of diversity, it feels natural like the people they picked just happened to be diverse. I like the majority of them.

The show is basically everything it used to be just modernized and adapted to Twitch and done completely live. They have live polls and stuff that they integrated into their sketches.
There have been some episodes where I was laughing my ass off and others where it was kinda meh, I'll leave this on in the background while I do other stuff. Basically the same quality it was way back when it was on TV.

edit: I guess they're officially launching on real TV networks and stuff November 16th along with staying on Twitch.
https://g4tv.com/g4-launch-nov16

But they have been on Twitch

Last edited:
I didn’t have G4 before the Tech TV merger. But I can say I didn’t enjoy it after once they started canceling all the tech tv shows. Can’t imagine I’ll watch any of it this go round either.

Adam Sessler is a old guy guess it could work MTV is still here to stay. There is enough content out there. I haven't watched TV since 2008 can't stand TV panels.

Kudos! 9 year necro, second largest spread I've seen recently.
ask your mother what's the first... Ayooooooooo
Bah dum chhh

Any who, used to love G4. Good times.

Last edited:
Back