G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR31600 100$

Tempted.Does anyone have an idea if prices will stay firm for a short while longer or will they raise up when Sandy Bridge comes to town?

I can't even look at ram prices anymore. They piss me off. I paid this same price for my 4GB XMS3 1600 kit in June! LOL

$30 cheapeer than Corsair Vengeance memory. I'm on the fence here.

The Corsair Vengeance sticks are $62.99 if you buy them individually.

So 8GB will cost you:
$99.99 for the G.Skill Ripjaws
2 x $62.99 = $125.98 for the Corsair Vengeance ($25.99 more)

12GB will cost you:
$99.99 + $59.99 = $159.98 for the G.Skill Ripjaws
3 x $62.99 = $188.97 for the Corsair Vengeance ($28.99 more)

I am in the same boat as you, though. I have been wanting to upgrade to 12GB but I don't know if I want to pay the extra $29 for the Corsair (which I think looks better). Decisions, decisions...

Looks like newegg seems to be down? Can't view the page with the ram on it.....

Looks like newegg seems to be down? Can't view the page with the ram on it.....

Not sure which page you mean but the OP's and all of my links still work for me. The Mwave link by zyzeast doesn't work for me, though.

I have a set of these. OC to 1782Mhz no voltage increase, 1T command rate.

People keep on doing this and it needs to stop. Either divide that number in half or call the Guinness Book of World Records for having the fastest memory in the world.

People keep on doing this and it needs to stop. Either divide that number in half or call the Guinness Book of World Records for having the fastest memory in the world.

This is the way manufacture's measure it (as well as many BIOS'). I don't see what's wrong with it...

Do you piss and moan and write scathing emails about your 2TB hard disk not being 2^41 bytes? Don't be "that guy", please?

I have three sets. Overclocked to 1804MHz *raises flyswatter and glares at Winkle* with a mere .05V increase just for stability. Died horribly near the end of a 12 hour render without it.

Last edited:
The Corsair Vengeance sticks of RAM are now down to $49.99 after instant rebate code. Here is the [H]ot Deals thread on it.

This kit can be had for $93.49 right now with code DKMEM15, which is 15% all desktop memory.

Last edited:
Hard to say really, DRAM spot prices are at their lowest point and are still trending down. Analysts are projecting prices to bottom in Q1 2011. I might hang on and see if I can get it any cheaper, but I've already watched this memory go from $130 to $94 in under a month.

Other than the heatsink, is there any difference between the Ripjaw series and the Sniper series?

I noticed it doesn't have the 2N listed, but that was it.

This article suggests that prices will continue to decline into the second quarter of 2011, however I bought in last week just in case prices begin to rise with the release of socket 1155. I suppose, however, that it will take some time for that platform to begin to saturate the market. Perhaps my perspective was a bit shortsighted.

Incidentally, I bit on this deal at $100, yet already the price has dropped by 7%. With SB being widely available in two weeks, though, I don't regret it much. Only if prices continue to tank while the reviews come forward and I make my decisions (2500k vs. 2600k, etc.) will I perhaps be a bit remorseful. ;)

I can't verify the legitimacy of that source, but it's something to consider.

G.SKILL needs to release some 4GB ECO sticks already! Or some low voltage sticks without the ridiculously ugly/tall heat spreaders on them.

G.SKILL needs to release some 4GB ECO sticks already! Or some low voltage sticks without the ridiculously ugly/tall heat spreaders on them.

Look at the Sniper ones then. They have a regular heat spreader. I don't know the real difference though between those and the Ripjaws.

I'm still happy I grabbed 2x sets of the 8 GB sniper from gskill.

$150 for 16 gb of 1.5v ddr 3 :)

Look at the Sniper ones then. They have a regular heat spreader. I don't know the real difference though between those and the Ripjaws.

Good looking out! I see they have "Sniper" branded SSDs now too. Can't find any solid reviews on the items, perhaps just branded for gamers?

Just saw these pop up on the US Newegg site too, was hoping they'd be a little cheaper with all of these 4GB sticks going for $50-65 a pop.

Last edited:
Back