Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FX9590 got a 2nd price cut yesterday.
The 9590 is the best 8350 chips made, so a 9590 will OC higher then a 8350.
Yeah, it probably will. But when that chip is already pushing 5GHz what kind of headroom is there to go higher?
The point is at the cost of the 9590 being ridiculous. Bang for your buck you're better off going with a 8350, overclocking it as high as you can get it, or just going the way of a six-core Intel.
With a good setup you could probably get 6Ghz stable.
To people who spend over $1000 on their cooling set up what is an extra $100 to go from a 8350 to a 9590?
With a good setup you could probably get 6Ghz stable.
To people who spend over $1000 on their cooling set up what is an extra $100 to go from a 8350 to a 9590?
Where are you getting just an extra $100 from an 8350 to a 9590? Maybe getting the 9590 mixed up with the 9370?
Per Newegg:
9590 - $699.99
9370 - $299.99
8350 - $199.99
If someone spends ~$300 on a CPU I don't know that they'll be spending a "G" on a cooling setup... Which I also think is ridiculous, but that's neither here nor there as that's just my opinion.
The 9590 doesn't have much OC headroom at all. I haven't seen people taking them that high above 5GHz. Pretty much the same cut-off point as the normal FX 83xx chips. Can't see any justification for getting the 9590.
This. They don't overclock any higher than the usual 8350. They're the exact same freaking chip, difference being out the box clock speeds (4.7ghz, 5.0ghz turbo).
that's correct a few hundred more is not that big of a deal to get the best as fast as possible and keep it a few years
If you want the best possible get a hex-core i7...as much as I love competition I think we all agree that nothing AMD makes can touch Ivy Bridge E.
Why waste your money when you haven't even tried overclocking the 8350? Your 8350 is the exact same chip as the 9590 minus the factory overclock. I have yet to see an 8350/8320 that couldn't hit 4.7 GHz at 1.45v. You should be able to take it up to 5GHz with your phase change cooling.
If you're going to spend that kind of money on a CPU get one of the new 6-core Ivy Bridge E chips. I love AMD, but they're gouging with the 9590. It only does 5GHz on two cores and even at that speed they can't really compete with Intel's top-end.
EagleOne..You should give the 8350 to your cousin and buy a new MoBo for him..and of course a new case..Like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139005
Let him test it out and get back to you about it. Probably save you some bucks in the long run.
Of course you would feel really good about giving.....Xmas
http://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/rankings?hardwareTypeId=processor_2957#start=0#interval=20
for what its worth....
only 2 results submitted .To big of a gamble. The 8350 results though are nice
http://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/rankings?hardwareTypeId=processor_2689#start=0#interval=20
just look at the h20 results.
thanks for the heads up, that has nothing to do with your post in this thread. so go back to your Intel forum and brag how you rule.
FX9590 got a 2nd price cut yesterday.
I don't think he was bragging how he/Intel rules... And going back to the pricing I did between the 4770k, and the AMD counterparts - Specifically looking at AMD's best offering costing $700, why wouldn't you recommend going the way of Intel over AMD at that price range?
People would've bought the shit out of the 9590 if it had Steamroller cores in it. Jeez, I don't know why AMD even bothered with the "super-Vishera" chips. Just why... Most people buying an unlocked octocore would be OC'ing it anyway, so what's the point?
@EagleOne
5.0 Ghz @ 1.45v with a Thuban hexacore?? Dude, high-fucking-five! I've never seen that done before. That's awesome!
People would've bought the shit out of the 9590 if it had Steamroller cores in it. Jeez, I don't know why AMD even bothered with the "super-Vishera" chips. Just why... Most people buying an unlocked octocore would be OC'ing it anyway, so what's the point?
@EagleOne
5.0 Ghz @ 1.45v with a Thuban hexacore?? Dude, high-fucking-five! I've never seen that done before. That's awesome!
Looks like FX 9590 is reduced to 389 finally on newegg.
watercooled edition now 878 (obviously crazy)
People would've bought the shit out of the 9590 if it had Steamroller cores in it. Jeez, I don't know why AMD even bothered with the "super-Vishera" chips. Just why... Most people buying an unlocked octocore would be OC'ing it anyway, so what's the point?
@EagleOne
5.0 Ghz @ 1.45v with a Thuban hexacore?? Dude, high-fucking-five! I've never seen that done before. That's awesome!