Fury X Benchmarked @ 4K (via AMD)

Are these benches reliable?

Reliable in a meaning that AMD recorded those values during testing - yes
Reliable in a meaning they they didn't cherry pick settings and test place that shows their new gpu in best possible light - hell no.

Absolutly.
why would a company post specs, settings etc..along with the result otherwise?

I forsee a good Minfps Fury card thats what I want.

No they are not, only if you want to play games at medium settings with a $650 card with no AA or AF, which sounds like AMD cards are going to have more of a performance hit with then their nV counterparts, then they are reliable.

Interesting enough reviewers will be testing that now, something we haven't really seen with focused benchmarks since what 5 years ago?

Are these benches reliable?

I'd say not entirely. As stated above, the situation may have been painted in a way as to favor certain situations. Every single company on earth does this. What for independent reviews from reliable and non-biased hardware sites.

All i see is that Skyrim is the only game that can run at 60fps, 4k is still a generation away on single gpu.

FhhHGB1N6.jpg

So someone that makes money off of selling GPU's is telling us to not wait for the Radeon Fury X because of low stock and price-gouging, but to go to his website and buy the £499 980Ti, which they have in stock right now ?

Thankfully he is warning us so we wouldn't have to pay more ! Oh wait...

And he is saying they are losing money on selling one of the GTX980Ti's,,, LoL.

So someone that makes money off of selling GPU's is telling us to not wait for the Radeon Fury X because of low stock and price-gouging, but to go to his website and buy the £499 980Ti, which they have in stock right now ?

Thankfully he is warning us so we wouldn't have to pay more ! Oh wait...

And he is saying they are losing money on selling one of the GTX980Ti's,,, LoL.

It's all marketing like he admits. A sale at a loss attracts people and they might spring for a different card that isn't at a loss (a cheaper one even) If even sell at the sale price it will cease to be a loss as well.

And saying that the Fury X will only compete with 980ti he will incite more people to make the purchases they were considering.

Good plan on his part really. Telling the truth or making it up, it will work.

Not really, OCuK are desperate because they know people have had enough of them.

I got stung by them 3 times, why I gave them 2 more chances I dont know.
The last purchase was a TV that was shipped in another TVs box, wrapped in bin liners with broken packaging inside.
The TV was faulty as well and they knew it !
I tried to get an RMA and they kept ceasing communication.
I eventually threatened them with court action which got their attention but they didnt want to refund my shipping and stopped communicating again, many promises, little action.
It was such very hard work and I was without my money for a long time.

Dont use OCUK !!
You will regret the aftercare if you need it.
And you better hope what they send you is new and works.

Since Nvidia wont have anything for another year that is worthy over the TI model, you better believe there are Nvidia shills who are paid to post BS to sabotage AMD launch at all cost.

This time around Nvidia knows they have a competitor, which is why so much bullshit has been generating for the last few months and especially this whole week. Practically every bad rumor surrounding the Fury has been proven to be a pile of bullshit.

People are paid to troll, and who can do it better than GPU "enthusiasts". They are worse than Apple vs. Android trolls, its pathetic.

Since Nvidia wont have anything for another year that is worthy over the TI model, you better believe there are Nvidia shills who are paid to post BS to sabotage AMD launch at all cost.

This time around Nvidia knows they have a competitor, which is why so much bullshit has been generating for the last few months and especially this whole week. Practically every bad rumor surrounding the Fury has been proven to be a pile of bullshit.

People are paid to troll, and who can do it better than GPU "enthusiasts". They are worse than Apple vs. Android trolls, its pathetic.

Where can i sign up to get paid to troll? Talk about an easy gig..

Why would Nvidia pay people to troll in their favor when fanboys will do it for free? Ridiculous concept. :eek:
Watching AMD fail is sport for these people.

However, AMD has to pay their trolls. See: Red Team Plus. lol

This question is for the armchair engineers - what does it take to add HDMI 2.0 rather than HDMI 1.4?

its not really all engineering, well a little bit it just requires more traces to the connector for the bandwidth, so the chip also will need to be modified for that, but its also cost too of the connector itself.

And don't call people arm chair engineers that's insulting,

I could just tell you to go look it up yourself you might learn a thing or two on the way, Actually that is what I will do for now.

I imagine most people here are actual engineers, it would explain why they are so inept at social interaction.

Why would Nvidia pay people to troll in their favor when fanboys will do it for free? Ridiculous concept. :eek:
Watching AMD fail is sport for these people.

However, AMD has to pay their trolls. See: Red Team Plus. lol
Not really. I found that the most dedicated trolls are the ones that dont even own either product, but for some reason feel they have to belong to one side or another, so they spew bullshit all day. The younger the said person the trollier it gets because as you get older you just start to not give a fuck about pointless arguing with people, so little high schoolers duke it out.

its not really all engineering, well a little bit it just requires more traces to the connector for the bandwidth, so the chip also will need to be modified for that, but its also cost too of the connector itself.

I doubt the connector cost was even a consideration, since an HDMI connector was attached, and AMD splurged for a water cooler so I doubt they were pinching pennies over connectors.

Any discussion about this card is just about unreadable everywhere. Never fails to have shit posting about how they are still going to buy nvidia on every single article i've have ever read even before any benchmark was available.

I don't think they are paid shills, it's just almost cult like behavior, like the worst of the apple fans.

Anyways I'm very curious to see how exactly this card performs when over the VRAM limit. Average FPS doesn't tell the whole story. For example my 7950 3gb was still getting perfectly playable fps at 1080p with ultra textures in shadow of mordor but it would have microstutters and wasn't very enjoyable to play.

Quick someone with a 290x run FC4 at Ultra and tell us what you get. :) Comparing it to the [H] review (where a 290x scored 30fps) they want us to believe an 80% increase over a 290x? Knowing [H] they probably found the most intense scene and AMD it is unlikely that would be their choice.

Fury is 42% more cores. With a really really good OC it might be possible...

Last edited:
Quick someone with a 290x run FC4 at Ultra and tell us what you get. :) Comparing it to the [H] review (where a 290x scored 30fps) they want us to believe an 80% increase over a 290x? Knowing [H] they probably found the most intense scene and AMD it is unlikely that would be their choice.

Fury is 42% more cores. With a really really good OC it might be possible...

They show off games that scale well with fury

And don't call people arm chair engineers that's insulting,

I could just tell you to go look it up yourself you might learn a thing or two on the way, Actually that is what I will do for now.

Gee, touchy ....

Not really, OCuK are desperate because they know people have had enough of them.

I got stung by them 3 times, why I gave them 2 more chances I dont know.
The last purchase was a TV that was shipped in another TVs box, wrapped in bin liners with broken packaging inside.
The TV was faulty as well and they knew it !
I tried to get an RMA and they kept ceasing communication.
I eventually threatened them with court action which got their attention but they didnt want to refund my shipping and stopped communicating again, many promises, little action.
It was such very hard work and I was without my money for a long time.

Dont use OCUK !!
You will regret the aftercare if you need it.
And you better hope what they send you is new and works.

My experience as been the exact opposite of yours, i have been using OCUK since 2005, never had an issue with service and RMA.
And they were one of the few if not only Etailer in the UK to accept 970s back for refunds after the 3.5GB incident.

question - presumably the Fury X2 is coming out sometime this fall -- do we assume that it will go for $1500 like the 295x2?

question - presumably the Fury X2 is coming out sometime this fall -- do we assume that it will go for $1500 like the 295x2?

I would be shocked if it didn't. I would think they would watercool the beast too.

Back