FS/FT announcements/ [H]ot Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, I could have gotten some nice Bookshelf speakers, waiting for money to come in right now... not sure how much either... :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Athena AS-F1 floorstanding speaker. $199 a pair, normally $299 a pair at Best Buy. great reviews for this low cost speaker.

Another "in-store only" deal.

athena's are now 99.99 each ont he website. I picked up 3 of these for my front stage in my theatre room. So far so good. they sound exceptional considering the 3 cost about as much as a single at most stores.

Holiday Specials from Frey Tech
Don't lose control just because you're gone for the holidays. SageTV wants you to have a special season, so we’re offering you a way to save up to 20% on select SageTV products between now and December 31, 2004.

Save 20% on SageTV and/or SageClient when you buy it from Frey Tech's site (Coupon Code: HolidaySoft)

Save 10% when you buy a SageTV single tuner and remote bundle when you buy through Frey Tech's site (Coupon Code: Holiday150)

http://www.sagetv.com/

I have:

-250gb ATA 133 Maxtor Diamond Max Plus hdd NIB
-2x 80gb ATA Maxtror hd's 7200rpm/8mb USED less than 40 hrs
-Belkin Wireless Bluetooth USB adaotor 100 meter range NIB
-Mad Dog CD-RW 52x32x32 black NIB
-Abit KT7-A RAID socket A mb NIB
-USED (1501 pages) Samsung ML-1710 Laser prinrer with brand new Samsung cartridge
-50 8x DVD-R blnks (Fuji)
-25 2.4x DVD+rw blanks (memorex)
-Enermax Black Aluminum control panel/USB/Firewire/Audio/Fan control/LCD 5.25" NIB
-Microsoft OPtical Notebook Mouse M20-00002 NIB
-USED (not really) Belkin 4-port USB mini hub (with ext power or use it without)
-LOTS of 80mm/92mm/120mm fans and some super 40x40x20mm fans
-Aureal PCI sound card
-ATA Raid cards
-ATI Rage Fury Pro 32mb AGP card VGA/S-vid/Composite out/and in good for basic HTPC (not gaming)
-Kodak EZ share Camera Dock II NIB
-net cards
-old PII/Celeron 550 systems
-TT Silent Tower CPU Heat pipe cooler for K7/K8/P4/??? NIB
and more....

HEAT

[email protected]

hehe that last link you posted is the easy DIY lirc receiver posted in the sticky. you can see he used phone cord for the 6 ft cable (i used a usb cable, and cut the ends off), and heat shrink tubing at the end where the IR eye is :D

mine looks EXACTLY like this

Ooh, these last two deals are great.

I just bought the MCX462-V, and I'll be off to OD this afternoon.

The new Sapphire Theatrix 550 is available at newegg now for $82 shipped. Seems like a good price for those looking to check out this card. The one review there says the picture looks pretty good.

Dell SC420 server deal is back for $229 shipped:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=862257

- 2.53ghz celeron 325J, upgrade to a P4 2.8ghz 520 for $99 more
- 40gig sata, Upgrade to 80gig sata for only $10 more
- free KB and mouse
- dual PCI-E
- 256 DDR2 ram
- cd-rom
- 1 year warranty
- Who says this can't serve as an htpc foundation ? :D

IDversusEGO said:
decent deal on a decent cable...

Acoustic Research 6ft component cable
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=189-060
[H] forum member Nightanole shares some knowledgeable experience with that cable here. Apparently they are decent, not perfect of course but who expected perfect anyway.

On a related note, pay heed to his suggestion here:
nightanole said:
your best bet, if you care, is to get 3 of there RCA brand monster cable singles for like $7-10 each. Yes they are monster cable, so full price sucks, but a component set of these at best buy would run you about $90 :eek:
He's talking about "RCA" rebranded Monster cable singles. Parts express carries them about once a month but i guess they sell out quickly or something.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled and i'll be sure to post them in this forum when they appear.

How this? Chaintech 6200 AGP for $125 with free second day shipping

I think it might be a good card for those looking for 5700U level stuff and it does some PureVideo as well although Chaintech isn't too clear on whether or not it includes the Component adapter, they've never really included it in any product yet but I think you can use an adapter from any other 62/6600 card with it.
NV44 (6200 PCI-E)
PureVideo DVD/MPEG2 Video Quality Improvement: Partial
PureVideo WMV Video Quality Improvement: Partial
DVD/MPEG2 Hardware Acceleration: Limited (720p max)
WMV Hardware Acceleration: Limited (720p max)

NV45 (6800U PCI-E, 6800GT PCI-E)
PureVideo DVD/MPEG2 Video Quality Improvement: Yes
PureVideo WMV Video Quality Improvement: Yes
DVD/MPEG2 Hardware Acceleration: Yes
WMV Hardware Acceleration: No

well fuck-around, that one is sold out. You guys keep an eye out for a good card for me. Looking for something to go with my 52" HDTV. Not too spendy, but better than my 9600.

http://www.xoxide.com/scythe-samurai-hsf-scsm-1000.html

Scythe Samurai for $16.99
Specifications:

* Compatibility:
o Intel:
+ Celeron Socket 478 – all speeds
+ Pentium 4 Socket 478 – all speeds
o AMD:
+ Duron Socket 462 – all speeds
+ Athlon Socket 462 – all speeds
+ Athlon XP Socket A – all speeds
+ Athlon 64 Socket 754 – all speeds
+ Athlon 64FX Socket 754 – all speeds
+ Opteron Socket 940 – all speeds
* Fan Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25mm
* Heatsink Dimensions: 83 x 65 x 38mm
* Combined Dimensions: 98 x 84 x 95mm
* Fan Speed: 1300~3400rpm with Rheostat
* Air Flow: 13.6CFM @ 1300rpm ~ 34CFM @ 3400rpm
* Fan Noise Level: 16dBA @ 1300rpm (lowest), 37dBA @ 3400rpm (highest)
* Weight: 605g

Would make for a great HTPC cooler.

Can anybody use this USB IR reciever ? They were ripped out of Gateway Media center pc's. Only $3.99 + s/h: http://www.pcliquidator.com/detailproduct.asp?which=1518
Looks pretty well made, has a 13 foot cord and ferrites on both ends.

Check out the whole site for some rare hard to find items.

Edit: Meant to say that Nvidia 6200 video card above looks real nice. Does anyone think that its better than a ti4200 for displaying video via the DVI port? Or is all its "special" video capability limited to its tv-out port? TIA

$4, I might try it. it says it sends and recieves. any ideas about how to program it? I need to have 3 IR senders for my Direct TV boxes. $12 is better than 50 for one USB-UIRT

SJetski71 said:
Edit: Meant to say that Nvidia 6200 video card above looks real nice. Does anyone think that its better than a ti4200 for displaying video via the DVI port? Or is all its "special" video capability limited to its tv-out port? TIA
It should be similar to a 5700 card (NOT LE/SE/El cheap 'o) without the crappy DX9 performance and limited support for PureVideo. If I can find a buyer for my 5700U (and a place that has a 6200 in stock) I'd love to pick one up and give it a try (although I have no DVI TV) but it carries the same junk as the 6600 just "smaller" I guess you would say.

IDversusEGO said:
$4, I might try it. it says it sends and recieves. any ideas about how to program it? I need to have 3 IR senders for my Direct TV boxes. $12 is better than 50 for one USB-UIRT
No idea how to program it, but i am wondering if it'll work with XP. The price is tempting but i'd like to get more information first, hmm

CrimandEvil said:
How this? Chaintech 6200 AGP for $125 with free second day shipping

I think it might be a good card for those looking for 5700U level stuff and it does some PureVideo as well although Chaintech isn't too clear on whether or not it includes the Component adapter, they've never really included it in any product yet but I think you can use an adapter from any other 62/6600 card with it.

back in stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back