FS: Alienware Laptop Great Specs

HICKFARM

Gawd
I have an Alienware laptop that i need to sell for financial reasons. Here is a screenshot of the specs. I am looking to get 1500$ for it or best offer. You get the laptop bag, hat, cooler, and anything else that is in the pictures. I have a heatware as well. http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=70205

It is red metallic
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9800 2.93GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz 2x4GB sticks or ram
Video Card: 1GB Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M - SLI enabled (NB10E-GT1)
Screen: 17.0" WXGA+, LCD, ANW, M17X
Hard Drive: 128 GB Solid State HardDrive
Optical drive:Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-Ray reader, (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD+-RW)
WLAN: Internal 300Mbps Dual-Band a/g/n 2x2 MIMO wireless intern

PRICE DROP: 1500$ now
Picture of PC. Go to the photobucket link for more and better pictures.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9536/alienware.jpg

Alright here are some decent pictures finally. http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/hickfarm/alienware/

CIMG2015.jpg

SPECS in pic:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5163/alienwarea.jpg

Last edited:
bump, if anything tell me what you think it is worth.

The quickest way to get a ball park figure of what someone is willing to pay for your laptop is looking at ended auctions on ebay.

Since you asked what we think it's worth - by looking at the ended figures, you're unfortunately not going to get anything close to your asking price.

GLWS

Some advice? It's tax season.

People will have money at the end of the month and most of Feb.

I would list this on Craigslist hardcore. Mix up your ad ( to avoid dupe checker ) and place it in surrounding area's even up to 2 hours away. You can always meet them half-way. List it up to 3 or 4 even 5 times. List it in computers and electronics. Use different pictures and different email addresses. If a few report you, Craigslist then looks at email addresses. If it's different, the system automatically gives you the benefit of the doubt. They do not have the man power to visually inspect and see that its the same ad but the sentences re-arranged.

If you place it on eBay, make sure you add an additional $60 dollars to your sell price and stick to it. This will cover your eBay / PayPal fees. I cannot afford to list on eBay anymore so I've moved to Craigslist. When I sell $1000 dollars worth of stuff a month and I do that on average, eBay / PayPal take around $100 dollars. Screw them.

With the specs on that laptop, I would ask around $1300 - $1400 dollars.

It's worth a hell of a lot more than $1000 dollars but you're not going to see 2K.

Alright thanks for the advice SixFootDuo.

Price drop then, and i will keep advertising it here as well.

Some advice? It's tax season.

People will have money at the end of the month and most of Feb.

I would list this on Craigslist hardcore. Mix up your ad ( to avoid dupe checker ) and place it in surrounding area's even up to 2 hours away. You can always meet them half-way. List it up to 3 or 4 even 5 times. List it in computers and electronics. Use different pictures and different email addresses. If a few report you, Craigslist then looks at email addresses. If it's different, the system automatically gives you the benefit of the doubt. They do not have the man power to visually inspect and see that its the same ad but the sentences re-arranged.

If you place it on eBay, make sure you add an additional $60 dollars to your sell price and stick to it. This will cover your eBay / PayPal fees. I cannot afford to list on eBay anymore so I've moved to Craigslist. When I sell $1000 dollars worth of stuff a month and I do that on average, eBay / PayPal take around $100 dollars. Screw them.

With the specs on that laptop, I would ask around $1300 - $1400 dollars.

It's worth a hell of a lot more than $1000 dollars but you're not going to see 2K.

Speaks the truth here, especially about screwing eBay/Paypal. Unless you're a power seller or jack your price up 20% and sell internationally (which is risky) it's not worth it. I'd say it should go easily for $1300-1400 here or on Craigslist. I just sold an m17x with an i7 920 and dual 5870s for $2000 for comparison. You're main issue is the market is flooded with m17xs now since people are offloading them to upgrade to the new model (or the upcoming m18x), so you'll likely need to price a bit lower than actual value.

It's a really nice laptop, I'd take it above a used G73 (probably your closest used resale competition apart from other m17s) any day. GLWS.

Back