FS 2020

funkydmunky

2[H]4U
Any word on the street how this performs? What to expect etc...
Seems to struggle with 1080p Ultra, so a bit curious how it will play out.

How it performs in VR? Nobody knows except internal testers at Asobo, Microsoft and HP. But I'm not worried, because even if it has to be subsampled (supersampling dropped below native res) on the VR headset, and in-game settings have to be reduced, the sense of presence will make it not matter.

Considering VTOL VR looks like a game with potato graphics from the 90's - and yet when you play it in VR you feel a sensation very much like actually flying - FS 2020 should be a mind-blower even at low settings.

Last edited:
Anything but an absolute monster of a machine will probably experience extensive reprojection.
I'm playing with a GTX 1070 and an i7 7700k on an ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor, and I have to turn the resolution scaling down to 60 in order to have a resolution near 60 FPS in lightly populated areas. Cities (and dense airports) seem to tax the CPU heavily, and I see way lower CPU-limited framerates there.

How it performs in VR? Nobody knows except internal testers at Asobo, Microsoft and HP. But I'm not worried, because even if it has to be subsampled (supersampling dropped below native res) on the VR headset, and in-game settings have to be reduced, the sense of presence will make it not matter.

Considering VTOL VR looks like a game with potato graphics from the 90's - and yet when you play it in VR you feel a sensation very much like actually flying - FS 2020 should be a mind-blower even at low settings.
I agree. Half gfx in VR is still superior because the reality (of flying) is so much more overwhelming.
Personly I have always considered the simulation of flight to be the true benchmark of PC evolution. Unfortunately it has been one that software has lagged hardware. Proving IMO that software wise it is quite the undertaking.
As weird as it sounds I bet that in 2030 there will be VR users still experiencing FS2020 with all its add-on glory.

Last edited:
Any news? The G2 and FS is quite the advertisement. Hope it works with all WMR as I would like to give a go with my O+.

Any news? The G2 and FS is quite the advertisement. Hope it works with all WMR as I would like to give a go with my O+.
They just announced it'll be coming in Dec for all headsets, closed beta testing going on now apparently.

Bumping this up. Now that they've released VR I'm looking at finally getting a VR headset. Any one tried this out? Worth the price of admission to get a headset? (Debating on Pimax 8KX or the HP Reverb G2).

Bumping this up. Now that they've released VR I'm looking at finally getting a VR headset. Any one tried this out? Worth the price of admission to get a headset? (Debating on Pimax 8KX or the HP Reverb G2).

Pimax is a piece of crap. Do not buy. Depending on your budget and what games you mostly play the three best headsets are the Valve Index, REverb G2 and Quest 2.

My Pimax 5k super makes my rift s a dust collector. The fov is far superior albeit a bit blurry at the edges makes the rift s feel like a pair of binoculars.

Yeah, I remember the VR headsets sitting on the counter in the local Compusa / Computer City stores and thought I wanted it. However, they were to expensive so I never bought them.

So is anyone using any VR headsets with FS? Especially after update five and the reworking of the engine for better performance.

If so, how are the results?

So is anyone using any VR headsets with FS? Especially after update five and the reworking of the engine for better performance.

If so, how are the results?
I would say dramatically better.

Back