FS: 1gb laptop memory sticks by samsung. 30 dollars each shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting mine today or tomorrow.

I'll test them in all 3 laptops (HP, Toshiba, Acer) and let you guys know what happens.

Keep the input coming, guys. If these can be successfully RMA'd, the price may be worth the extra effort for me.

I think a price tag of $30 speaks for itself. It's the risk you take when you pay a fraction of the value for an item. Call it an adventure maybe but the seller is making it clear at $30 that he doesn't want to do any legwork..just get rid of his goods.

It's also the responsibility of the seller to post an update in the original thread that people are having problems with RMAs IFFFFFFFFFF that's the case. I have no doubts that this seller would do just that IFFFFFFF that was the case.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but a google search of that part number brings up a link for a liquidation.com auction using the exact same picture.

FWIW, I have made two purchases from liquidation.com, and one was from that seller kebbuk, and both were HORRIBLE. I was essentially out >$5000 on stuff like used HDs and CPUs that didn't work at ALL and liquidation.com has no recourse for their item listed as "salvage".

Not to pry too much, but if the seller bought these on liquidation.com I think they should tell us as such.

Furthermore, those stickers don't look like genuine Samsung stickers. I would not be surprised if the original seller (not the OP of this thread) made those labels on a thermal printer. Samsung part numbers for DIMMS are NEVER the same as for the individual chips. With that said, I have a SNEAKY suspicion that Samsung is going to deny any warranty claims.

Good luck guys.

I was originally going to eBay this thinking that it was just incompatible with my 700m, but I can't list something I know is bad. It was a worthy gamble at only $30 for the one I got.

Furthermore, those stickers don't look like genuine Samsung stickers. I would not be surprised if the original seller (not the OP of this thread) made those labels on a thermal printer. Samsung part numbers for DIMMS are NEVER the same as for the individual chips.
No, they're not. I deal with a lot of Samsung (and others) memory pulled from servers and those are definatly fake Samsung stickers.

lithium726 said:
Yeah, theyre fake samsung stickers.
lame, so all the people that bought em, have been tricked? or wat? prob not since he said as is i guess, but nice one i guess he made us look like stupid fools lol

To the untrained eye, it is very easy to be fooled by those. I sold 27 sticks of HP stuff that had been fraudulent, I had to replace them all.

Ive seen tons of OEM samsung stuff, and those stickers are definatly fake. That doesnt necessarily mean that he knew they whole time, though.

CrazyBeaner said:
lame, so all the people that bought em, have been tricked? or wat? prob not since he said as is i guess, but nice one i guess he made us look like stupid fools lol

No, most likely the original seller got duped into buying them as well. Unfortunately, stickers are pretty easy to fake these days.

brentpresley said:
No, most likely the original seller got duped into buying them as well. Unfortunately, stickers are pretty easy to fake these days.
yea i guess, but who knows maybe the seller got em for free, lol, the stickers do look fake, i own a few samsung ddr sticks in my desktop and they have the samsung logo, so those can be easily made with a printer, im 16 and even i can make em lol

i kinda knew they were fake the moment the seller posted the thread a while ago and saw the stickers, good thing alot of people waited for reviews

the stickers aren't necessarily fake

there ARE samsung TSOPs on the SODIMMs.

it's clear that the SODIMM was not designed or assembled by Samsung, though.

LightningCrash said:
the stickers aren't necessarily fake

there ARE samsung TSOPs on the SODIMMs.

it's clear that the SODIMM was not designed or assembled by Samsung, though.

IF the PCB were made by Samsung, it will have the DIMM part number somewhere in the PCB (usually a corner).

This can't be faked, since it is in every layer of the PCB.

But, lots of companies buy Samsung chips and put them on their own boards, so that doesn't mean much.

I'll take a stick with me to work tomorrow and give the code a scan w/ the Symbol scanner on the inventory box, but meh...fake stickers eh?

stupidfool if you're around/reading this...have any input?

brentpresley said:
IF the PCB were made by Samsung, it will have the DIMM part number somewhere in the PCB (usually a corner).

This can't be faked, since it is in every layer of the PCB.

But, lots of companies buy Samsung chips and put them on their own boards, so that doesn't mean much.

i know, i mean that just because they put a sticker that says SAMSUNG on the DIMM doesn't mean they're trying to pass the DIMM off as being assembled by Samsung.

it's obvious the DIMM isn't mfg'ed by Samsung, but those are Samsung TSOPs on the DIMM. thus the sticker is more misleading than fake. a better sticker could have been made just as easily, as previously mentioned.

there is a number on the dimm that i couldn't read in the photos posted by the buyers. Cr3at1ve's photos were at an angle and it was hard to make out the number, even if the pic was massive. the number starts with 018 but it's difficult to discern the rest.....input from movax on this?

All the #s I could find on the DIMMs. (I think the #s on the chips are visible in all pics, right?)

BSD0980A
E186014
94V-O( maybe 0)
BP MLL

All I could see. Might take a DMM to the DIMM while its running (hopefully) to get a voltage measurement.

movax said:
All the #s I could find on the DIMMs. (I think the #s on the chips are visible in all pics, right?)

BSD0980A
E186014
94V-O( maybe 0)
BP MLL

All I could see. Might take a DMM to the DIMM while its running (hopefully) to get a voltage measurement.

The PCB is designed by BrainPower......Corsair, OCZ, Geil, G.Skill all use BrainPower PCB designs.

I'll dig up some more info. bbiab

I have contacted stupidfool and asked that he not send them. I asked for a refund, I will keep you all posted.

Brainpower's website only lists a 512MB module design for the BSD0980A. It's only listed as BSD980A, though. No 1024MB PCB design for the BSD0980A that I can find, though.

The B6N801 is the only 1GB SODIMM PCB design that BrainPower has listed......I think some module mfg just decided to put 128M chips on the 512MB module design, that might be causing the problems to begin with :(

well, I also bought 1 pair (2 sticks) from Alex & asked last night if he didn't ship them to refund my money. He said they were shipped, but in usps's web page it says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" for last 4 days (till december 16).

If, indeed, I'll get the rams I will report on the compaq V5000 series (v5303nr to be exact).

Definitely disappointing news from others. I was thinking to RMA them if they don't work, however if PCB's are not genuine samsung made, I really don't know if they will be accepted (i think the chip itself should be failed in order to get our rma's). Anybody contacted to Samsung??

PS: Alex you should edit your OP - it is still saying "They have a lifetime warranty via samsung so you can do a rma if it does not work." which I think you are not even sure!

Ooztuncer said:
well, I also bought 1 pair (2 sticks) from Alex & asked last night if he didn't ship them to refund my money. He said they were shipped, but in usps's web page it says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" for last 4 days (till december 16).

If, indeed, I'll get the rams I will report on the compaq V5000 series (v5303nr to be exact).

Definitely disappointing news from others. I was thinking to RMA them if they don't work, however if PCB's are not genuine samsung made, I really don't know if they will be accepted (i think the chip itself should be failed in order to get our rma's). Anybody contacted to Samsung??

PS: Alex you should edit your OP - it is still saying "They have a lifetime warranty via samsung so you can do a rma if it does not work." which I think you are not even sure!

The tracking info is correct for USPS. Delivery confirmation is just that, a service that is guaranteed ONLY to be scanned upon delivery, and no where in transit or even upon acceptance. That is why it is MUCH cheaper than UPS/FedEx.

Don't get me started on USPS, I ship about 10-15 packages a week with them.

svan71 said:
I have contacted stupidfool and asked that he not send them. I asked for a refund, I will keep you all posted.

when don't have a pm from you since saturday.
:confused:

IT'S REAL EASY PEOPLE. IF YOUR STICK OF MEMORY HAS A SERIAL # YOU CAN GET AN RMA FROM SAMSUNG. NOW EVERONE WITH SERIAL #'S ON THE MEMORY THEY RECEIVED RAISE YOUR HAND !

I rather foolishly only brought one stick of RAM with me to work, but scanning the barcode resulted in
Code:
PWR822737380794
I'll use one of the oscilloscopes here to poke at the RAM while it's active, see if I can swap some SMD parts or something/volt-mod it.

svan71, could you check with Samsung to see if that's a valid serial #, or if they've seen things like this before?

*EDIT* I just pulled up my pics here at work, and the barcodes on each are different. Guess I'll scan 'em all tomorrow (unfortunately tomorrow is my last day before holiday shutdown, otherwise I'd be happy to scan other people's sticks for them.).

issued 4 refunds to those who requested them and have not shipped theirs out.svan you have yet to contact me via pm with the email you payed with ;)

Thanks. If in the future you run across some working sticks...I'll be the first to buy them. Sorry if I came off a little ruff in some of my posts....but your ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back