FS: 1gb laptop memory sticks by samsung. 30 dollars each shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the serial #s off my sticks and will be calling Samsung when I get back from work to get a RMA.

If the sticks still don't work in my laptop after that, I will put them up for sale, as my laptops would be at fault, and the sticks are fine, being freshly RMA'd and all.

The serial #s follow the format (for me at least) of:
Code:
PWR8227373807xx

If the RMA goes through, I might actually be purchasing even more sticks. :D

i pulled out a stick of samsung ram i have at work

the serial number for the stick is not printed on the DIMM anywhere that i can see. as far as i can tell, the only way to find it is to pull it from the SPD after bootup. CPU-Z can read this information (I know for sure that 1.35 can read SPDs)

edit 1:
btw, i pulled Samsung's product lists

there are three 1024GB SODIMM modules that they have produced
M470L2923DV0
M470L2923BV0
M470L2923BN0

the first was just a customer sample

All of these modules do use a TSOP II memory IC package. I'm pulling datasheets for all of these and I'm going to see if this module matches any of the three aforementioned Samsung model numbers.

edit 2:
pulled the data sheets for all 3 of Samsung's 1GB DDR SODIMMs
Every 1GB DDR SODIMM manufactured by Samsung uses 16ea K4H510838D TSOP ICs.

This means that there is no way that these SODIMMs are manufactured by Samsung, and as such, these do not have a lifetime warranty from Samsung and cannot be RMA'd.

GG

Well, I got 2x1gb today and tried in my compaq (hp) presario V5000 - no go (both of them)...

stupidfool refunded me the payment as soon as I asked. I have to say he handled this well.

Alright stupidfool, I think we gotta do some kind of refund or similar...

Called Samsung 3 times, all different reps, but what I got out of it was that:

1. From a corporate spiel, Samsung does not handle RMAs/warranty for RAM sticks, you must contact the reseller/distributor, and those are the ones who decide on stating "30-day or lifetime). All Samsung does is slap their modules onto a PCB.

2. I gave them the serial # off one of the sticks, they had absolutely no fucking idea what it was, but suggested that it probably was not genuine.

So, I'll happily pay return shipping for these, as they're pretty much useless for me now. I'd like to know where you got 'em from originally though, as I'm sure that the original-original seller is the bastard who's knowingly selling bum sticks of RAM.

svan71, if you're still observing the thread, how many levels of customer reps did you have to jump through to get to the part where they want a serial # for RMA?

It was like pulling teeth dealing with Samsung reps....it will be 3-4 clowns you have to speak to before you finally get one who know his ass from a hole in the ground...on another note off topic:) Anybody have an Inspiron 8500 here who did a video upgrade ??? If so please let me now how you made out...\

Merry Christmas I hope you all are able to work things out...

Got mine in today

Compaq Presario v2000, no go for either sticks. Oh well.
edit: Tried in my roomies laptop, no go there either.

no we haven't figured it out yet, kinda hard to do so just from a serial number

alex i'll pm/call later today and we can figure something out. honestly, i'd rather have working sticks than my money back, so if we can just figure out where these came from, that would be awesome.

edit: haha, oddly enough, googling for bsd980a returns this thread as the first hit.

i havent gotten my sticks yet stupidfool, im in colorado so the blizzard here prolly slowed the shipping down a notch.

im afraid from what i have been seeing that these might not work... i have a Compaq R3000, i will definatly try but so far it seems compaqs are 0/2 will you refund me if i cannot get this to work? i would gladly ship back and take the kick on it

dasaint said:
i havent gotten my sticks yet stupidfool, im in colorado so the blizzard here prolly slowed the shipping down a notch.

im afraid from what i have been seeing that these might not work... i have a Compaq R3000, i will definatly try but so far it seems compaqs are 0/2 will you refund me if i cannot get this to work? i would gladly ship back and take the kick on it

i have a r3000 also. msg me if they work for you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back