FrozenCPU Shuts Its Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This honestly raises more questions...What the hell is going on over there?

before newegg, there was an online vendor with a similar name...egg something. does anyone remember?

There was a killer site where in the early 90's I bought a pallet of 20 GB Mator HDS. Paid like $1000 and sold them for $9000 for a fast profit. Onvia or something similar.

While this is good news I want to hear the official word regarding "addiction" and "warehouse damage".

If the owner is addicted and caused the warehouse damage then I would seriously have my doubts the incident, if true, wouldn't happen again.

That guy on OCN who was airing the owner's dirty laundry in regards to drug and alcohol addiction is a tool.

..Gogglegear..

Then to ZipZoomFly, then out of business. While their selection wasn't as good as Newegg, they were generally cheaper if I recall. I can't remember a lot of the companies I bought from back in 1999-2005, but I can remember using that god-awfule Pricewatch site to find some of them. Now it's generally Amazon, Micro Center, and Newegg for me.

I hope FrozenCPU comes back quickly. They provided the icing on the cake every time I made a new build.

Addiction and damage are always overblown. I have faith in Kyle and Mark. Be Optimistic not pessimistic :)

While I do not spend as much as I would like at Frozen CPU, these folks are top notch and I have always, without exception, been happy with their products and service. SAo glad they will be around still.

Wow, this is definitely a turn in events. Based on a lot of comments and the unresponsive speculation, I think a lot of people have filed chargebacks and disputes with their payment methods, this is definitely going not going to help FrozenCPU.

They will be missed if they cannot hold it together to keep it open.

I ordered a set of 5 fans for a build from them awhile back as they had a great selection.

Checking now....they still have a great collection, and a good amount of what you wouldn't find on Amazon or Newegg.

I might make a purchase once I hear some stable responses.

I have known Mark for many years, but I do not know him personally. I reached out to him to ask him what is going on with his business and I passed along his reply. That is about the only "truth" I know. He has been a good supplier to a niche in our community for a long time. I don't think I would cast a judgement on him from what one ex-employee said.

Wow, this is definitely a turn in events. Based on a lot of comments and the unresponsive speculation, I think a lot of people have filed chargebacks and disputes with their payment methods, this is definitely going not going to help FrozenCPU.

I was one who placed an order this morning with them , then read the OCN thread afterwards :rolleyes: and currently have raised a dispute with PayPal. They have 10 days to show me some evidence my order has shipped otherwise PayPal will refund me regardless .. another reason i pay the bit extra to deal through PayPal.

I don't know the owner personally but i don't like the sounds of a whole bunch of new staff shipping orders their either. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt within this 10 day window.

It'll be a shame to see them go. They were the only ones to carry the water block I needed to complete my loop. Hope they pull through.

Well I am glad to hear they aren't closing. I guess I will have to tune in for tomorrow's episode of "As the Cooling Fan Turns" to see if any more drama unfolds:eek:

I think people are jumping the gun here based on unsubstantiated rumors. I placed two orders last week - I received one today (everything was there), and the other is coming tomorrow (it was shipped via UPS ground on Friday).

I placed another smaller order today just before 5pm with "rush processing" selected, but it has not been processed yet. If it gets shipped tomorrow, I'll know everything is still kosher.

Don't know why anything about Addiction was put into the original Hardocp comment. It just leads to un-needed speculation and didn't need to be there.

Don't know why anything about Addiction was put into the original Hardocp comment. It just leads to un-needed speculation and didn't need to be there.

Because the link they posted to with a former employee posting that they were closing mentioned it in his post

Well there might have been romours but worse there was no one denying it either.

No one on phones - no one at the warehouse confirmed by neighboring businesses. You also have the owner stating they have staffing issues - (for all we know no one is even there now).

I would think we can safely say they should have put a statement out the moment shit hit the fan and it would have qwelled this down before it flared up - poor PR . Instead 28 pages on OCN later we get a confirmation from the owner via Hardocp. Not really good enough.

I've got an order there now, i have faith it will get to me but yeah it wasn't looking good a few hours ago.

A Swiftech employee on OCN also confirmed that FrozenCPU was shutting its doors. If the owner fired everyone and is not shipping out orders with partners like Swiftech say they're shutting down, then I'd be inclined to stay away from there until the dust settles. Chances are the site likely will shut down unless someone buys it out.

egghead software?

If so, they started out as a brick and mortar chain. While they had decent selection for the day, the chain never really adapted once the market expanded.

They eventually merged with OnSale.com and went online only.
They got whacked by a hack that exposed customer credit card data way back when.

Currently, what's left was bought by Amazon after an abortive attempt to sell to Fry's/

A Swiftech employee on OCN also confirmed that FrozenCPU was shutting its doors. If the owner fired everyone and is not shipping out orders with partners like Swiftech say they're shutting down, then I'd be inclined to stay away from there until the dust settles. Chances are the site likely will shut down unless someone buys it out.

Or if you want to roll the dice then use a credit card for the purchase (not a debit card) ... the laws on credit cards require that you receive the service you charged (or the card cannot bill you) ... this is why they recommend buying flights from bankrupt airlines with credit cards since if the flight is not honored then you cannot be charged for the ticket (the card must fight it out with the airline for the money rather than you) ... one of the benefits of using CCs :cool:

Well I hope they don't shut down, they had some stuff I was looking to buy that I hadn't found anywhere else.

Holy shit, don't give me a freaking panic attack like that again! :eek:

I couldn't take another beloved modding store closing. I soooooo miss 2CoolTek and its original owner from Florida, I almost wanted to cry when he finally closed shop,

300x100xthumb.php,qsrc=,_uploads,_reseller_thumbnail,_2cooltek1.png,aw=300,ah=100,azc=1.pagespeed.ic.uz3syTTxuH.png

Gabe from Swiftech made a statement saying the employee was mistaken and that they had no confirmation at this point.

just got a package from them yesterday, and it arrived right on time

i'm glad they're staying in business because i've been screwed over by performance pc's twice already and i'll pay the extra money and shop at FCPU.

just got a package from them yesterday, and it arrived right on time

i'm glad they're staying in business because i've been screwed over by performance pc's twice already and i'll pay the extra money and shop at FCPU.

since I can't edit

I'll gladly post a copy of my invoice if anybody wants proof

FrozenCPU is the only WC shop I've been able to find that ships to APO without exorbitant fees. Will continue to support them as long as they're around, and I hope they get through this rutt.

OK, so it was Xoxide that went and came back in a way.
Looks like CrazyPC is gone, bought my first WC kit there long ago.

I hope they are able to recover, long long time ago, back on Anandtech's FS/T I purchased a prototype of their first modified case, the Blizzard 360 off of him prior to him opening FrozenCPU, and i've used them for many projects since then.

All this shit is rumor.
Everybody is behaving like chicken little here.
Give this business the benefit of the doubt.
The guy on OCN maybe just has it out for Frozen.
Rochester NY where they are located got 2 feet of snow Monday.....maybe thats why nobody was there? Maybe snow damaged their warehouse. Seen any news footage of Boston lately? Buildings are falling apart all over due to snow.
This whole thing is just wierd rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back