Free Technet Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the country matters as it doesn't ask (when you use the original non-US link to do this) for a funky UK phone number, and everything is laid out for US addresses (name, address, city (missing the state but I put that anyway as Las Vegas NV) and postal code. UK addresses don't call them "Zip codes" and neither did the request for info, but the fact that it did ask for a County instead of something that a UK person might use suggests they're not quite up to speed with that registration I suppose.

Damned shame about how this deal spreads to non-tech sites and then it just gets ruined. While I don't think Microsoft will pull the plug on those people already registered, I have to wonder how they're going to handle this now considerable deluge of sign-ups in a very short period of time.

Stupid fucking people will be the ruination of us all...

well the deal has been around for a month it looks like. so sad to see it burned up in one day once the word really spread.

something tells me the deal will come back though

I started downloading a bunch of stuff to have in case this gets shut down somehow, but I haven't seen where to take any surveys. I don't mind taking them, especially when I'm getting all this for free. Am I missing a link somewhere?

I believe the notifications for the other surveys will come in emails later on in the program once things settle down a bit, as well as more info of course whenever they get around to it. It's not all "Do this all today and then you're good to go" - it's a chance to get some of the software, use it, provide input when asked at a later time, and go from there...

quote from shitdeals forum-

"I think I just requested a billion dollars worth of CD keys.

Probably won't use most of them, but they're always great to have around, just in case... "

:rolleyes:

Yah, it's pretty lame what they're doing, but once the cat's outta the bag with something like this, it's just gonna get pooched that much faster. :( No different with anything it seems... the recent Arby's thing, a free meal from someplace for a coupon, a free soda, etc... everything gets abused because... TADA... people are really fucking stupid. :D

http://www.podnutz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=3795
one you follow the link there, it should take you to the survey page that you must do before you sign up for technet. its dead right now though

Already took that one, I wouldn't have the sub. if I didn't

I believe the notifications for the other surveys will come in emails later on in the program once things settle down a bit, as well as more info of course whenever they get around to it. It's not all "Do this all today and then you're good to go" - it's a chance to get some of the software, use it, provide input when asked at a later time, and go from there...

That's what I gathered after looking at the email I received. I know the surveys go on for 2.5 months, and I'm ok with that.

I selected US and got through fine... and I put my real address

no, i mean at the UK ordering page they took you to when it was almost all complete. in the beginning, yes, we entered in USA, but at the end, the 'country' box in the BILL TO form was already filled in with grey "United Kingdom" that you couldn't change.

i just used a direct link, didnt have to do any survey and have already d/l vista ultimate 0ffice 07 with 6 keys each. I bought it at 0 bucks!

i just used a direct link, didnt have to do any survey and have already d/l vista ultimate 0ffice 07 with 6 keys each. I bought it at 0 bucks!

Are you proud of yourself? Why do you need 6 keys for the same software? Just because?
:rolleyes:

geez i actually feel bad, i wanted to do the surveys :(

even as such all i did was get media center dos 6 and whs and only 1 key.

i think we should just turn this into a shitdeals quote thread.

"Hell yes! Signed up and generated the max # of keys for everything I currently use. I just activated my pirated Vista Ultimate x64!!! Sickest deal ever!!!!

Currently dling at 750KB. "

wow.

So the survey says that I'm not a suitable fit, even though I haven't answered any questions. I'm hoping it comes back so I can actually fill out their surveys :(

So the survey says that I'm not a suitable fit, even though I haven't answered any questions. I'm hoping it comes back so I can actually fill out their surveys :(

yeah the deal died just after sd got ahold of it. i dont think there was enough response from here by that time to generate an emergency to shut it all down.

i think we should just turn this into a shitdeals quote thread.

"Hell yes! Signed up and generated the max # of keys for everything I currently use. I just activated my pirated Vista Ultimate x64!!! Sickest deal ever!!!!

Currently dling at 750KB. "

wow.

People like this seriously piss me off.

I actually want to do the surveys, and I mainly just wanted to try out some stuff like Home Server.

People like this seriously piss me off.

I actually want to do the surveys, and I mainly just wanted to try out some stuff like Home Server.

agreed. this will piss you off more, this is where it started it looks like-

anandtech forums-
"
To all you fence sitters, I just posted the link to SlickDeals. If it takes off, you can imagine that Microsoft/Intrepid will probably pull the survey, so if you want in do it now."

this guy posts to slickdeals and an offer that has lasted a month goes dead in an hour :rolleyes:

if you want to try out home server though, just use the direct link and get a technet sub for at least a day. the key you can snag will give you as much time as you need to decide if you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back