Free Technet Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do send you a monthly magazine.

then a lot of people in the UK will be getting magazine with some yank's name on it they never heard of haha. unless the post office can identify the mistake (in my case, USA is in the county section, it cant be that hard to figure out)

this bypasses all the questions? i tried it and it goes straight to ordering...

same

*shrug* i went in and am downloading whs now. seems to work fine.

edited: AH i guess i'll have to do the survey when the site comes back up

You need to register with the survey first, otherwise they will deactivate the technet account in 24 hours time.

good to know. i don't need two subs anyway, i was just curious..

site is down, i wonder if that means the deal is already dead.

Just to think I'll be able to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 for free at release just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :eek::p:D

Yay! Thanks OP!
I have a question about registering for the ITAC Portal. Did anyone receive the email to register for this yet? I don't want my account to expire (24 hours).

Yay! Thanks OP!
I have a question about registering for the ITAC Portal. Did anyone receive the email to register for this yet? I don't want my account to expire (24 hours).

nope not yet. get all the keys you want now i guess... as if those wont expire with the sub :D

Just don't be a bunch of cheap shit bastards on this: Microsoft is taking a chance and they really are interested in doing better, so this is our chance to offer feedback that may be far more valuable to them in the future with better products for us all.

SO...

When it comes time to post a few comments as feedback, or make a simple blog entry, and complete those other two surveys... do it, and do it well lest we never see this type of offer ever again. :D

Just don't be a bunch of cheap shit bastards on this: Microsoft is taking a chance and they really are interested in doing better, so this is our chance to offer feedback that may be far more valuable to them in the future with better products for us all.

SO...

When it comes time to post a few comments as feedback, or make a simple blog entry, and complete those other two surveys... do it, and do it well lest we never see this type of offer ever again. :D

qft. this really isn't "FREE". we all need to give quality feedback when MS asks for it now. its not even 3 months long and three 15min surveys... they are asking for very little.

That's fine with me. I gave MS me surfing web comics for 2 free Vistas. For this, I'll actually do the stuff they want...especially if it means I'll be able to get a copy of Windows 7 when it goes RTM.

looks like windows home server is only one key. not complaining though.

if the survey doesnt come back and we were the only ones to get in on this, theres going to be a lot of bummed out people that i know were at work or something

awesome, I really like windows 7 and they are not asking a lot with the feedback.. kudos to MS (not M$) :-p

edit: damn the survey is down

What is this .aspx file that keeps downloading when I want the software?

You need to install the Microsoft File Transfer Manager. Once you click on download, the .aspx is trying to open that program to initiate your download.

I'm guessing you're using Firefox or Chrome, so, if you are, try with IE and you'll see that it works. After you complete your first try with IE, then it'll work with the other two browsers.

Error launching file transfer manager in Windows 7 RC1. I guess I'll try to manually install it.

survey is down and it seems that slickdeals got ahold of this and probably the damn reason the offer is off the table :mad:

but they are also saying the accounts will all be canceled. they are preaching to everyone to grab all the keys they want now and save them, as the technet accounts will be disabled shortly and NOBODY will be getting win7 for free.

we will see what happens. to me this all looked very legit, i really doubt MS will just kill all these accounts, especially the ones who did the survey properly.

SO...

SEE THAT?!? ^^^

Now.............go and do the right thing.;)

someon on SD is telling everyone to skip the survey and grab as many keys as you can :rolleyes:

yup. whats bs is that it forced me to grab all my keys now, because who knows how pissed MS will get about this. they just might kill all the subs, surveyed or not.

Well I don't live in the UK, so someone at my address in the UK is going to get whatever they send me. O well. It worked!

And I will do the blogging.... bleh.

This will be useless to me if MS kills all the subs... I already have a bunch of XP Pro, Vista Ultimate, and Office Ultimate keys from my previous subscription. I'm just doing this for 7 and Office 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back