FREE NA Shipping on all Ratpadz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My XT just arrived. It's made of a harder material than I thought- this thing is going to last for an eternity. At first I didn't think I was going to like how hard it was, but it makes my Logitech MX510 just gliiiiiiiiiiiide. :)

Just ordered the XT will see how this performs and if it's great then I'll get one for each of my parents.

Should I reorder? I ordered 2 GS last week but never got email and no withdraw pending from my Visa account.
David Schaeffer

i've owned Ratpadz b4, and i think it was the GS model. It only lasted a few months of gaming for me, and I HAD to get rid of it b/c it wore out so badly.

I've also used a bunch of others, including FUNC and Steelpad... I like them better, and in all honesty, here is my favorite:
fUnc F-Series F-10S Competition Mouse Pad - LARGE
$21.99

I'm a serious gamer... I game maybe 5-8hrs a week now, but I used to game at least 20hrs a week before I met my gf a few yrs ago, and when I was in college, believe it or not, I spent much more time than that... The fUncpad was always the best bang for the buck IN MY EYES.

I have used a bunch of mice and my favorite is the Logitech MX510 or MX518. I'm using a G5 rev2 now, but it's too rough on my hand (they have a rigid surface on your hand now and I hate it)... I hope to go back to a 518 if i can find one cheap.

Hope this helps, and otherwise if you're on a budget the ratpadz will do... if you're a heavy gamer, the GS doesn't last long. I can't comment on the other models as I never owned them.

Thanks, -should have checked that. Sent off a message to Linda.
David Schaeffer.

Hope this helps, and otherwise if you're on a budget the ratpadz will do... if you're a heavy gamer, the GS doesn't last long. I can't comment on the other models as I never owned them.

As already mentioned the GS isn't for gamers...I mean do you want us to agree with what you just said? If so, then yes your right...just like its been stated b4. :)

I just got my xt in the mail today. I really like it. I have a G9 mouse and it works really well.

Holy cow this XT is slick. Makes my old GS feel like sand paper. Many thanks!!

i've owned Ratpadz b4, and i think it was the GS model. It only lasted a few months of gaming for me, and I HAD to get rid of it b/c it wore out so badly.

I've also used a bunch of others, including FUNC and Steelpad... I like them better, and in all honesty, here is my favorite:
fUnc F-Series F-10S Competition Mouse Pad - LARGE
$21.99

I'm a serious gamer... I game maybe 5-8hrs a week now, but I used to game at least 20hrs a week before I met my gf a few yrs ago, and when I was in college, believe it or not, I spent much more time than that... The fUncpad was always the best bang for the buck IN MY EYES.

I have used a bunch of mice and my favorite is the Logitech MX510 or MX518. I'm using a G5 rev2 now, but it's too rough on my hand (they have a rigid surface on your hand now and I hate it)... I hope to go back to a 518 if i can find one cheap.

Consider the GS is $10 with free shipping, if you are not a heavy gamer it is a great pad. The Ratpadz XT will give you a better surface than the funcpad IMO and certainly is much less expensive with the shipping offer running now.

How about a tour of the ratpadz manufactoring facilities? Everyone loves injection molding machines!

Just received my XT today. \o/

This pad could certainly be used as a secondary self defense weapon :eek:

I'll have to try the feet out once I get off work. (7am mst)

Thanks again Kyle!

How about a tour of the ratpadz manufactoring facilities? Everyone loves injection molding machines!

Last time I was there with my camera they were making huge black dildos about the size of a man's arm so I put my camera away.

Were they making them out of the same stuff as the Ratpadz?

The real question is whether they were being made from the same material as the Ratpadz, or if the Ratpadz were being made from the same material as them... :eek:

Kyle,

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you were looking for a silver pen for autographs. Would you be willing to trade a ratpadz for a bunch of silver Sharpies?

Bob

Judging from the lack of response, I'm guessing the answer is no. Oh well, if you ever want a case or two, drop me a note. We make them down here in Shelbyville, and its not much trouble to pick some up.

I just got my xt today and so far it's WAY better than my old cloth pad. Sturdier, smoother, and does not move around. With the xt, I could make the smallest movements and it would register on the screen, whereas my old pad had more resistance and made precision mousing difficult. With the xt, it's way easier.

Just one concern though:

When I make big movements, such as one quick movement from one side all the way to ther other, there is a noticable, scraping feeling and sound. I presume this is normal, but is there a way to make this effect less...profound? Is it a non-issue?

I plan on buying some pledge tomorrow to 'overclock' this :)

Oh, and I plan on buying another one as a gift for my cousin to replace his fragmat. I know the free shipping promo is through holidays, but any specific date as to when it will end? Thanks for the help.

When I make big movements, such as one quick movement from one side all the way to ther other, there is a noticable, scraping feeling and sound. I presume this is normal, but is there a way to make this effect less...profound? Is it a non-issue?

Well, you have one hard plastic rubbing it quickly on another hard plastic and it can make noise. One thing that will get rid of it is mouse slicks.....but the most issue I have seen is with mice that have mouse feet that have squared off corners instead of tapered or rounded corners.

Does your definition of "North America" include Mexico as it should?

I want one of those and the shipping would kill me.

Does your definition of "North America" include Mexico as it should?

I want one of those and the shipping would kill me.

Citizen86 said:
Hey, Kyle, you wanted to know what Linda said about shipping to Mexico:

Linda said:
Thank you for your interest in our Ratpadz XT. Since we do not have ourwebsite set up for international mailing at this time, we have establishedthe following. You can pay through Paypal to the account"[email protected]". We will need your physical mailing address andyour telephone number.

The cost will be $19.99 for the Ratpadz XT and $9.00 for shipping - totalcost for one pad $28.99 (USD).

The cost of two Ratpadz XT's would be $39.98 for the two pads and $9.00 forshipping - total cost for two pads $48.98 (USD). You save the shippingcharge on the second Ratpadz XT!

Please remember to include your telephone number as it is required byCustoms for Priority International Mailing.

Delivery time is 6-10 days.

We look forward to receiving your order.

Thank you,
[email protected]
KB Accessories, Inc.

$9,00 is pretty reasonable for international shipping, so that's awesome! I think I'll be putting in an order in a couple days... Linda's a saleswoman too, "Buy two and save on shipping!" lol.

Just send an email about it via the "Contact Us" page on the Ratpadz website, it's only $9.00 dude. I don't know why you would think any business that ships to North America would ship to Mexico.... pretty rare.

BTW, where are you in Mexico?

Mexico City.

I expected international shipping to be more expensive. Valve's store tried to charge me 23 dollars for the shipping of "Rising the Bar".

Mexico City.

I expected international shipping to be more expensive. Valve's store tried to charge me 23 dollars for the shipping of "Rising the Bar".

Usually it is. Pretty nice though eh?

Well I have been happy with mine for a long time (since 2001 I think). used it so much the Ratpadz logo wore off. I have moved a few times, and lost track of where mine was. I went on a hunt after reading this, and found it in a box in my garage. It was warped aboth X & Y axis. I tugged and pushed and pressed, and I think I got it back flat again, but any suggestions if it keeps warping (I Guess buying a new one is an option :p )

Chris

This is a great deal and it really made my day when i saw this. I ordered one just now.

I figured it was finally time to replace my original. :)

Their only downside (from a manufacturer perspective)is their extreme durability.
I have three that I bought in 2001. One of them I've been using 8 hours a day 5 days a week at work for the past six years. It's still going fine. The other two are on my home pc's which obviously get less use so I still have little need for new ones.

If they built car tires this durable, tire companies would go under.

Car tires are harder to lose or have stolen, there's still some repeat customers, but it's not usually because the pads wear out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back