Free MS mouse/keyboard replacement

I got mine yesterday. they sent me a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 for some reason. The lady even asked if I had a wired/wireless. It's just not the same as my InEx 3.0 (a little heavy, and wheel is not very smooth neither is it easy to click) but I'll live with it. Getting stuff for free is always great.

I sent a fax over two weeks ago and didn't get any response. =\
I resent a fax yesterday explaining that I didn't get any reply.
-------------------------
I finally got a reply for the new fax. It seems they'll be shipping it :) . But in a month... :( .

I shouldn't have waited so long after they didn't reply for a week.

starbuck8968 said:
I got mine yesterday. they sent me a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 for some reason. The lady even asked if I had a wired/wireless. It's just not the same as my InEx 3.0 (a little heavy, and wheel is not very smooth neither is it easy to click) but I'll live with it. Getting stuff for free is always great.

Argh, I really hate this mouse. I decided on just getting a new Explorer 3.0 from ebay, ordering two so that I don't deal with another mouse again.

I think what really killed the mouse is the stiff wheel. Its hard to spin it and the stress from using it makes my wrist sore. I'm not sure about Logitech mice, but I just wanted to stick to what I'm used to.

i am not going to read all of this.. but... i put some resolve carpet cleaner on my mousepad once cause i was cleaning a couch with it and looked at my mouse pad and though "damn that thing is dirty".... but once i put my mouse on that pad.. it died.. it was one of those first ms scroll mice that was not symetrically shaped.. it is in MD though, i am in FL... i still have it though cause i am a packrat... i might have to try that the next time i am up there though.. but i did kill it with carpet claener?? i still have no idea why that happened...

just got mine today, allmost took a month, they just replaced it w/ the same model though too bad i wasn't as lucky enough to get a new 2.0 or better but I still like this mouse. as for the old mouse its still got a little life left in it might as well put it on my 'rents pentium 2. muahaha!!

Just got mine today as well, same mouse, clicks sound different and the scroll wheel is stiffer, but that'll probably change soon enough.

Free stuff = very good.

ya mine is a stiff clicker as well but if lasts half as long as the other one, i got my moneys worth...
1478504.jpg

Free Stuff=Good Stuff

Lord of Shadows said:
I didnt call anyone or send a receipt, I just faxed all my info to that number like it says on the first page.

I just checked my email this morning and they sent me a "they recieved it email" then a "heres tracking number email" and finally a "it shipped email". Too bad I hadnt checked my mail before it arrived. =P
Does anyone know if there's an email address that can be used rather than a fax number?

well i faxed over the scans of 3 mice. i got a letter in the mail saying the fax was unreadable and they asked me to mail the pics to em. i did, 5 days latter. i got my mice from DHL @ my doorstep.

chronic9 said:
well i faxed over the scans of 3 mice. i got a letter in the mail saying the fax was unreadable and they asked me to mail the pics to em. i did, 5 days latter. i had 2 boxes from DHL @ my doorstep and they had 3 mice in ea. of em in retail packageing. HAHAHA
time to make some $ on ebay?

please dont abuse this. i've had mice go legitimately wrong and through this process got them replaced. I'd hate to see MS change their replacement policy just because a bbunch of jerks want to make money or steal. I hate MS as much as anyone here, but their customer service is Top Notch. this reminds me of CUSA's TAP warrenty program and how they changed it recently because too many people were essentially stealing.

Please, think of the children. :rolleyes:

My old Intellimouse 3.0 conked out on me. Did this, no emails, but got a new mouse super fast...like in 2 weeks. They sent me a 4.0 version and it works great!

I did have to call them, scan my old mouse and fax it to them, but that was a breeze. Good stuff.

I got my intellimouse 3.0 replaced for free, no receipt needed. Was still in warrenty. Afterwords, when I realized how crappy the 4.0 is compared to the 3.0, I opened both up (After scanning the 4.0 first) and just swapped the broken wire from the 3.0 for the wire in the 4.0. Now I have my old mouse working again.

Problem is though, they refuse to exchange my Wheelmouse Optical without the original receipt. The thing came with a 5 year warrenty damn it. How do they really expect people to keep a receipt for 4 or more years.

How do they really expect people to keep a receipt for 4 or more years.

they dont lol, thats how they make money, and how they get their customers. I know that my family has a filing cabinet only meant for receipts. garage door openers, blenders, toasters, vacuum cleaners, etc.

For the Record, Microsoft no longer makes a Trackball, so they will not replace my Trackball for me :( However, if I still had the reciept, I could have gotten my money back.

"Found" my receipt for my trackball. Called in, was given a different fax number to fax the receipt, and then I got a call from the refunds lady saying to send the mouse in with delivery confirmation/tracking. They will refund me up to 7 dollars for the shipping then send me a check. Then I will go buy a nice MS bluetooth mouse on ebay or something.

Ohh, and this happened like 3 weeks ago and I have yet to send it out. Call me lazy.

-MS, shit for software, but great hardware.

Back