dasaint
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 1, 2002
- Messages
- 1,715
signed up for denver 
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
When I attended the Office 2003 Launch, I got a fully functional version. At the VS 2k5 + SQL 2k5 Launch event, I got "Standard Edition" of both. SQL came with a certificate for 1 CAL. Both are NFR and I haven't dug up the EULA, but it sounds legit for production.there is no detail about the "promo" stuff. is it a legitimate copy that i can upgrade our IT infrastructure to? if so, i'm going =D. i've signed up anyway, but will read more about the details here from people who have already attended. if they can, indeed, utilize free upgrade to w2k8+sql2k8 then hell yeah, my boss would definitely say, GO FOR IT. if it works, all we gotta do is buy more CAL's for both w2k8+sql2k8 on top of their 5 included.
I signed up for the O2k3 launch, and didn't go.When I attended the Office 2003 Launch, I got a fully functional version. At the VS 2k5 + SQL 2k5 Launch event, I got "Standard Edition" of both. SQL came with a certificate for 1 CAL. Both are NFR and I haven't dug up the EULA, but it sounds legit for production.
The very same reason TechNet gives you full version software. You get a full copy for testing in a lab environment, with the hopes you'll purchase more license that are able to be rolled out to an enterprise.I don't know why they'd give away a full $$$ product to people who are clearly going to buy it anyway.
And it took about that long for me to receive mine. I registered about a day after I received the invite from Microsoft. I got in for the NY event.The summary page clearly mentioned that the confirmation email would be sent within 10 days, so I think it's too early to start freaking out.
Only 1 yrServer 2008 1 year Eval copy
Yeah, that blows but whatev'. Hopefully they give out Vista Ultimate in NY. I really want that free VS2008.Only 1 yr![]()
Only 1 yr![]()
I have had both experiences: they make you wait to the end for a voucher, or what you get is full-featured but time-limited.
I don't bother anymore. I have a reseller I work with that forwards nice genuine freebies to me, like the full version of Office 2007. I haven't had to buy office for years now thanks to them.![]()
LOL, or a 6'4" brotha that looks like Colin Powell (That's what ladies be sayin'!)In for NYC tomorrow!!!
me and a buddy are going together.. look for some ~20 year old asshole with a mohawk if you want to hang.
well, littleme were there free stuff?
Just a follow up. I went today to the L.A. event. I've seen Steve talk a few times before so nothing new there. Was still fun. Picked up a ton of pens, shirts, flash lights, etc. I guess what everybody wants to know though. The MS bag had 1 copy of Server 2008 1 year Eval copy, full copy of VS 2008, CTP of SQL 08, and a full copy of Vista Ultimate with SP1. The breakout sessions were cool as well.
SUMBITCH!!!! I don't know if I should drive or just take the express bus in. Either way I have to be on the road around 6am as well just to be on the safe side. Hopefully they'll have free breakfast, and wireless access.starts at 8am.. we need to be there at 7:15 0.o
that means my ass is on a train at 6 AM.
Hopefully they'll have free breakfast, and wireless access.
Hopefully they don't cheap out and give at least the earlybirds free Vista Ultimate.
Nice, the assist director tried to get the day for me but it didn't work out. I get training courses so it's not so bad.I'm in for NYC tomorrow! Vista Ultimate would definitely be a bonus. Since it's job related, I even get paid for the day. Who's better than me.
Kicked out? Nah, you'll probably get some photo ops out of it. Casual dress should be fine.are these gathers .. well .. formal?
is everyone all dressed nice and shit?
I have no problem getting dressed up.. it's just I have this wicked full body penguin outfit.. and well, tux crashing MS's event would just be fucking win on so many levels..
but if I get kicked out I'll be sad.![]()
So I'll be on the look out for a 20 something year old asshole with a mohawk possibly wearing a tux.k I'll stuff the suit in my side bag thinger.. once I get my goodies tux shall roam free!
Yeah, that's ghey.1 year trial of server 08 enterprise. they said it's only 1 year because if it was beyond that we'd have to pay taxes on it?
shrug
Awesomeness right there.full visual studio, and a code to redeem online for a full copy of sql server 08, as well as full vista ultimate 32/64bit with sp1.
a couple of trial things, and windows mobile developer tools.
You missed some more of the expected error messages and unexpected behavior. How were the other tracks? I stayed for the entire IT Pro event. Got some useful information, the security bit should sway the director at the firm to skip Server 2003 entirely.the [H] banded together during the keynote and made fun of MS.
Yeah man!a good time was had by all!