Free image mount for Win7?

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a free image mount that let me mount .iso file with windows 7. I have been using Daemon tool since long time ago. But now only the pay version supports windows 7.

I heard of CloneDVD, but that also requires money. All I need is a simple software that mount ISO, no additional features needed.

Any suggestion?

The lite version supports windows 7 x64... I am using it right now!
(daemon tools)

The lite version supports windows 7 x64... I am using it right now!
(daemon tools)

+1 No problems for me.

And I just found out that you can install from a virtual drive if you are too cheap to burn DVD's or have pendrives available. You can actually just mount the DVD and install from there.

why are you virtually mounting an operating system disk exactly?

I was opening it to check if everything was ok (mounted and burned through Alcohol 120%). I then burned a copy but just gave it a try. I thought it would start asking for the DVD after a reboot but it turns out that the installer copies all the file it needs before the first restart within windows and you don't need to have the DVD in the drive afterwords.

Fun news: Windows 7 allows you to burn ISOs directly from the OS natively!

Now I have a (slightly) lesser need for ImgBurn.

I prefer Virtual Clone Drive these days as I don't really like the direction the Daemon Tools developers have gone...

Thanks, I mistaken Virtual Clone Drive with CloneDVD. Daemon tool lite gives a compatibility warning when trying to open the installer, which is what held me back from using it.

I switched to virtual clone drive after I was having huge memory and CPU spike while using Daemon tools.

Back