Free COD2 from EVGA?

Funky_Junk

Limp Gawd
I just ordered a 7800GT from eVGA that qualifies for a free copy of Call of Duty 2. I know you have to register for something somewhere on their website, but I couldn't find where. Does anyone know where I go to sign up for the free copy of COD2? Thanks.

I just bought 2 evga 7800gts, and was expecting them in the box...meh, maybe I was wrong.

not all came in the boxes
i have a feeling a couple of us got screwed

the page to request CoD2 was up when i bought it (november 29th), and i got a reply saying i wont be getting one because the promotion ended on november 16th. so i've sent an email complaining because both nvidia and evga kept promoting it well past that date, and never made mention to that date being the end of the promotion.
so im pissed because i expected it
i've since received it through certain means, but the point is... i should have the game from them.

hopefully i'll get a reply with good news of some sort.

what makes me mad is some people, who ordered after me, got the game in the box, according to reviews on newegg at least. i got way unlucky.

i got my COD2 in the mail about 3 weeks after i got my 6800GS... ya it took that long

and its just a little cardboard box with a paper dvd holder

but meh, twas free

oh and yes I had to register on the evga site

Register your card on their website as you normally would, then send an email to [email protected].

Im the email, state your name, serial number, proof of purchase and that you'd like a copy of CoD2.

I just forwarded my invoice from Newegg and then wrote than information at the top. I was blasting those Krauts a week or so later. :)

I got my copy in the mail the other day. I thought this offer expired way long ago. :confused: Because a day after I did all the registration and faxing, I checked evga.com and it said supplies have run out, so I was worried that either I got the last or I'm a minute too late.

Dunno good luck to you, I got mine! PLays beautifully.

Was there a certain model # you needed for COD2? I wonder if I can still send them my invoice and stuff from NewEgg to get it. That would be sweet-a-mundo. I really want to see a game that utilizes the power of the 7800.

Lemme know guys!!

Leright said:
I ordered my cards from mwave yesterday. I better get mine in the box.
Sweet!

I just ordered 2 7800GT EVga's from Mwave too. I got the $299 Copper ones.

I noticed last night that EVGA has a new "Big name game" promotion going.

http://www.evga.com/community/promos/BigNameGame/

Maybe itll be quake 4...

I wonder if I'll get two copies of the game since I ordered two cards.

Or will it be limit 1 per household? Sure could use a couple Quake 4 CD keys. :)

foofighter06 said:
Sweet!

I just ordered 2 7800GT EVga's from Mwave too. I got the $299 Copper ones.

I noticed last night that EVGA has a new "Big name game" promotion going.

http://www.evga.com/community/promos/BigNameGame/

Maybe itll be quake 4...

I wonder if I'll get two copies of the game since I ordered two cards.

Or will it be limit 1 per household? Sure could use a couple Quake 4 CD keys. :)

Just register each card under different names and send one to your parents house.

noobtech said:
Just register each card under different names and send one to your parents house.

he might get lucky doing that, but um... the invoice is all under the same name and they require the invoice.

destrekor said:
he might get lucky doing that, but um... the invoice is all under the same name and they require the invoice.

Why would it matter? As long as you bought 2 cards, you should get 2 games. It's not like it was a MIR or something.

That's what I'm looking for.
:)

EVGA seems to be a great company so they should be cool about it.

Hopefully. :)

im not saying it would matter, but if that were the situation then it would.
i personally believe there is a chance evga will honor that. but they might also think "what does a guy need 2 copies of the game for?" lol

good luck to ya though :)

foofighter06 said:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was aware of the new promotion - but didn't for a second think it would be Q4. (it just didn't occur to me) I ordered Q4 yesterday online - hadn't shipped yet. I think I'll postpone thath order until I find out what game eVGA is going to give me (by mail) once I get my new card on Tuesday.

ha, I just ordered 2 evga 516 7800gts from mwave.com and I am hoping I will get a copy of COD2 IN THE BOX. Think I will? I ordered the card on Sunday and it is shipping out today.

Maybe I will call mwave and ask them.

JustinSane said:
I have a feeling this "Big Game" is going to be King Kong. I hope not.

oh, nice, you've got an opteron 175 on the way too? I hope these things OC well. I am goning to be running stock cooling with the system specs in my sig.

noobtech said:
Was there a certain model # you needed for COD2? I wonder if I can still send them my invoice and stuff from NewEgg to get it. That would be sweet-a-mundo. I really want to see a game that utilizes the power of the 7800.

Lemme know guys!!
Uhh you have 7800? This deal was for the 6800gs, maybe I got you all wrong. Either way I sent my Newegg invoice and I got it. Great game, real fun! Fantastic graphics with the 6800gs

Leright said:
oh, nice, you've got an opteron 175 on the way too? I hope these things OC well. I am goning to be running stock cooling with the system specs in my sig.

Yea I hope they OC well too. Pissed though. Zipzoomfly hasn't shipped out my mobo but they shipped my video card. My mobo says Packed but it hasn't shipped.

Leright said:
ha, I just ordered 2 evga 516 7800gts from mwave.com and I am hoping I will get a copy of COD2 IN THE BOX. Think I will?

Cool man. Thats exactly what I got. I got an ABIT AN8 SLI mobo and 600 watt eneremax power supply to go with it.

Be sure and post if u get CoD2 in the box. I should have mine by the 15th.

Got the 7800gt co, and COD2 was not in the box, but thanks to the person who posted the link. I filled out the form on evga's website and, they sent an email saying it will be here in 2 weeks.

Got my eVGA from TigerDirect. No COD2 in the box.

I wonder if I should try to get it by mail - or wait for them to announce their new game bundle. COD2 I'd take, but I'd prefer Q4 personally.

I'd rather get COD2. quake 4 really does not look all that impressive to me.

phix, might as well register for that mystery game bundle

and i bought my card on the 29th, and after a run-around with some support tech, I got to talking to a different tech and will be getting my CoD2 in the mail in about 2 weeks. Sweet, late xmas present probably!
i tried my luck and pushing my way into that mystery game bundle thing.. but no go, they cant budge from the december 6th date lol

cod2H.jpg

I did PRE-register. (For the announcement)

Just got the email.

Tried to do the real register... Said I wasn't qualified. Apparently only the 256MB versions are qualified.

Maybe COD2 is considered more hot than Q4 - and they wanted to use their COD2 packages for their higher end cards... I dunno. I just know that I cancelled my Q4 order on Amazon recently b/c of the possibility the "mystery game" would be Q4... It was... But apparently I'm not eligible.

I just sent in all my info to get the Q4 game... When my RMA comes back and I can see what my old SN was, I will re-contact them on the COD2... I ordered it in that time frame, so I hope they have something left. That's neato... two videocards for 600 and free games :)

I just got my e-mail in gmail a couple days ago saying I will get COD2 in 2 weeks. w00t... I'm still waiting to hear about my free Quake4. haha... I just got a 3rd 7800gt... I wonder what i'll do with the 2nd Quake4. haha

Back