free board with evga 7800gt - 369.00

I'm looking to upgrade to PCI-E in January, does anyone else think this is a good deal? How good is the board eVGA provides? I don't overclock and therefore aren't planning to overclock this combo if I receive it.

Z(+)DIAC said:
I'm looking to upgrade to PCI-E in January, does anyone else think this is a good deal? How good is the board eVGA provides? I don't overclock and therefore aren't planning to overclock this combo if I receive it.

The board is a clone of a Jetway board that has supposedly won a lot of praise and high reviews. The board is working fine for me.

Anyone know how long this deal is going to last? Really would like to snag this combo but wont be ordering until January.

I think I'm gonna jump on this one real soon now, just have a question.

How well will this board overclock a 146 Opteron, any problems with taking it to 2.6ghz+?

I was originally going for a 6800GS and a new board, (coming from an AMD XP setup). By the time I spend $200ish on the card and $110ish on a board, I might as well throw a few dollars more in and get the 7800GT.

I talked to eVGA and they said the deal will be on until they run out of stock which he said might be within a week, bascically end of the month.

Man i am stuck, either I wait for the 6800gs in agp or go for this deal to switchover.

I don't think there is much of a deal as the board retails roughly for $70 and the card for about $300 or so.

Yeah I REALLY shouldnt have waited. First the card goes up by 50 bucks, then the card goes up by 20 and the mobo by 50, this is BS :(

I saw that too, would have been worth it when it was like $369. Not $448 kind of a ripoff... I guess thats what we get for hesitation... :rolleyes:

yea i here ya. luckly i bought the deal when it first came back so i got it for $359 saved me $88! :D the price now is bull. you can get it at Club IT for $399 at least. :eek:

I am wondering if I should go with that deal. I have no use for the mobo though as I am a mATX only guy.

Why are the EVGA 30 to 40 dollars more expensive than the BFG models? I mean the BFG 7800 GT OC is 369.00 and it's already overclocked. Furthermore, if you watercool it, you can tweak it even more. What gives? Are they THAT much better?

Back