free board with evga 7800gt - 369.00

I just received my combo and found that both of the seals on the motherboard were broken and there was no static wrap around the motherboard (although Im not sure there was originally).

The video card was sealed.

ARGH

Ryland said:
Thanks for the info. I am RMAing my board now.

My board came the same way. The video card was sealed, but the motherboard box had both seals broken, and the board was just in the clamshell. I also noticed the serial number on the motherboard didn't match the number on the box. I didn't feel like waiting for an RMA though so I threw the system together and everything works fine. All the accessories were with the board, and there were no screw marks around any of the holes so I don't believe it was ever used.

NS80 said:
My board came the same way. The video card was sealed, but the motherboard box had both seals broken, and the board was just in the clamshell. I also noticed the serial number on the motherboard didn't match the number on the box. I didn't feel like waiting for an RMA though so I threw the system together and everything works fine. All the accessories were with the board, and there were no screw marks around any of the holes so I don't believe it was ever used.

As it is Im not planning on building the machine until Friday or Saturday and would prefer to have a sealed board.

Both my boxes were sealed but the motherboard was just in the plastic case. I'm used to getting a board that has a foam foundation and with a static bag around it. Still, the board was brand new and has worked great.

I just noticed the "Please allow 2-3 days for processing once Newegg.com has received your return." on neweggs RMA site. I WAS planning on building the computer on Saturday but even if I were to overnight the board to them (so it arrived on Tuesday) it would take them until thursday at the earliest to ship me a new board. Since I am going to priority mail the board back to them it won't arrive until Wed at the earliest which means they won't ship me a new one until Friday/Monday which is too late.

Im screwed. !@#($%!@($#!@($

Does anybody have any experience with the Newegg RMA turnaround?

anyone found a deal on RAM or a CPU for this combo yet? I have the mobo and gpu waiting patiently in the closet :)

Ryland said:
I just noticed the "Please allow 2-3 days for processing once Newegg.com has received your return." on neweggs RMA site. I WAS planning on building the computer on Saturday but even if I were to overnight the board to them (so it arrived on Tuesday) it would take them until thursday at the earliest to ship me a new board. Since I am going to priority mail the board back to them it won't arrive until Wed at the earliest which means they won't ship me a new one until Friday/Monday which is too late.

Im screwed. !@#($%!@($#!@($

Does anybody have any experience with the Newegg RMA turnaround?

I had a fan on my old 9800 Pro die, which caused the card to start artifacting, and it took them about 2 days to ship out the new card once they received the old one. So if they received it Tuesday I think they shipped it by Thursday.

NS80 said:
I had a fan on my old 9800 Pro die, which caused the card to start artifacting, and it took them about 2 days to ship out the new card once they received the old one. So if they received it Tuesday I think they shipped it by Thursday.

I guess I will try the motherboard over the weekend and hope it works. It doesn't look like it has actually been installed.

I love evga, I came home today to find my copy of COD2 on my table and it's the DVD version, sweet!

-Rikus

Well got my card + mobo yesterday...both came in their respective boxes sealed and plastic wrapped...definitely new.

Good deal overall...just need to get someone to hop on board to cardpool.

Well, went to the egg this morning to see if the deal was still going on. It was. And... finally back in stock.

Went back just now to order, and the deal is gone. WTF?

The motherboard is out of stock, so I assume they pulled the deal.

The same thing happened to me, it was in my cart all set to go and 'poof'...

I did this deal last night. Night before I ordered 7800gt+kn8sli, 445 dollars...then I see this and I am like no way am I being ripped off 65 dollars, told ups to send that shit back and re-ordered with this deal.

Hahahaha, good save.

I don't think you were really getting ripped off, rather, not getting the chance to opportunize on a deal.

Kinderheim511 said:
Good deal overall...just need to get someone to hop on board to cardpool.

Not necessary. Just follow the link to the cardpool page and input your serial number. Someone will come along and fill the spot next to it. I did that and within an hour someone had already filled the other spot.

Not necessary. Just follow the link to the cardpool page and input your serial number. Someone will come along and fill the spot next to it. I did that and within an hour someone had already filled the other spot.

Heh, that is actually what I mean, I meant I am just waiting for someone to enter the next serial.

damn was goin to jump on this but the mobo seems to be out of stock hopefully the mobo comes back in stock soon

there ARE other websites besides newegg that have the same deal

i ordered mine from zzf, 379 and free shipping. it should be here thursday.

Kreiger5 said:
there ARE other websites besides newegg that have the same deal

i ordered mine from zzf, 379 and free shipping. it should be here thursday.

yeah but every other website has this combo for $399 and up. How did you get it at zzf for $379 I checked and its $399 and thats after rebate. I might just buckle under pressure and just buy it for $399

I saw it in stock last night at zipzoomfly for $379. I put it in my cart and was going to call first thing this morning to make sure it was in stock. Went to check out and had to register (never ordered anything from them before). After registering, it cleared my shopping cart. Went to put it back in there, and it was out of stock. I wanted to bash my brains in.

I called them back and they told me that they had 15 in stock and that the webpage just hadn't been updated. They asked for my name and phone number so they could call me back after they went and found out when the site would be updated. They said it would be about 30 minutes. They never called.

I went back to the site a bit later, and the price was jacked up to $399, and it was still out of stock.

Pretty cheesy.

For $422 you can get the Epox nF4 Ultra mobo and the CO version of the evga 7800GT (with copper HS and slightly higher clocks). That's only $22 more than the deal. If you don't need SLI, I think it might even be a better deal.

FlipperBizkut said:
I saw it in stock last night at zipzoomfly for $379. I put it in my cart and was going to call first thing this morning to make sure it was in stock. Went to check out and had to register (never ordered anything from them before). After registering, it cleared my shopping cart. Went to put it back in there, and it was out of stock. I wanted to bash my brains in.

I called them back and they told me that they had 15 in stock and that the webpage just hadn't been updated. They asked for my name and phone number so they could call me back after they went and found out when the site would be updated. They said it would be about 30 minutes. They never called.

I went back to the site a bit later, and the price was jacked up to $399, and it was still out of stock.

Pretty cheesy.

For $422 you can get the Epox nF4 Ultra mobo and the CO version of the evga 7800GT (with copper HS and slightly higher clocks). That's only $22 more than the deal. If you don't need SLI, I think it might even be a better deal.

I think i might just take up your idea. Just seen the review for the evga 7800gt co version and its benchmarks are just a litte under the 7800gtx but definitly higher then the stock 7800gt. What exactly does SLI provide anyways? I doubt I'll use it but just wondering what exactly is it.

So has anyone gotten their COD2 yet? A week ago I got an email from them saying it would be shipped out within two weeks.

I did, been playing it on my lap top. It's alright, more of the same crap..so linear. I'm already on the American campaign.

I just got in on the deal too @ Tiger before it dies since Newegg doesnt seem to be having it any longer but even for $400 its still a good deal imho.

FYI. I spent 3 days trying to get windows to install on this combination onto a SATA raid array. The secret is to DISABLE Bios Shadowing, otherwise XP doesn't install.

I finally found the secret out yesterday on another forum and my computer is now VERY fast (of course its not entirely back together again but Im working on it :) ).

I called newegg and the motherboard that comes with this deal is out of stock and when it comes back in stock on Mon. (11/21) the deal will be back again. :) i cant wait till monday now....

snip! Heads up for those who bought from Newegg...

"We have received a few emails from customers that are receiving their invoice and it has a –R in the motherboard part number of their invoice from the 7800 GT Bundle.

Customers calling in to newegg.com are told the –R means REFURBISHED, these boards are not from EVGA and we are getting this corrected with newegg.com management right away. EVGA has never shipped refurbished motherboards to newegg.com.

In order to take care of those customers who did receive the –R part number EVGA will offer them a cross shipment direct with EVGA to get them a new motherboard.

Please contact our customer service team from 9am – 5:30pm PST to submit for a replacement. Please make sure you have registered the product before calling so we can get the product replaced for you.

Toll Free Customer Service Phone Number: 888-880-3842

Thank you,
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118"

Shame on them, if they are going to do something like this, the price shouldn't even be at $399, I hope this is just a shipping mistake.
From evga.com message boards

to let everyone know the motherboard is back in stock early!! the combo isnt back but thats probably becase it was about an hour ago when the MB came back in stock. :eek: sigh i guess waiting one more day wont hurt.

Kinderheim511 said:
snip! Heads up for those who bought from Newegg...

"We have received a few emails from customers that are receiving their invoice and it has a –R in the motherboard part number of their invoice from the 7800 GT Bundle.

Customers calling in to newegg.com are told the –R means REFURBISHED, these boards are not from EVGA and we are getting this corrected with newegg.com management right away. EVGA has never shipped refurbished motherboards to newegg.com.

In order to take care of those customers who did receive the –R part number EVGA will offer them a cross shipment direct with EVGA to get them a new motherboard.

Please contact our customer service team from 9am – 5:30pm PST to submit for a replacement. Please make sure you have registered the product before calling so we can get the product replaced for you.

Toll Free Customer Service Phone Number: 888-880-3842

Thank you,
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118"

Uh, WTF? Great. It's already installed in my system. Newegg had better come up with something nice for those of us who got the bait and switch.

mastercheeze said:
Uh, WTF? Great. It's already installed in my system. Newegg had better come up with something nice for those of us who got the bait and switch.

ARGH. I just looked at my invoice and found the same thing. And my system is up and running.

Now I know why my motherboard box was opened. This is rediculous.

My mobo box was sealed but I'm the paranoid type and am going to check my invoice anyway to see if it has the dreaded -R.

I just received a reply back from newegg:

Thank you for contacting Newegg.com.

We truly apologize for the confusion. However, in reviewing your account, it currently states that your item is retail not refurbished. All items listed on our website are new unless noted with the word 'Refurbished' in bold lettering just before the product description. We will also list the letter 'R' at the end of the Newegg item number. (i.e N82E16822111138R ).

In addition, when a customer purchases a refurbished item, you receive a disclaimer that notifies you that the item is refurbished. Nevertheless, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me personally.

Back