free board with evga 7800gt - 369.00

It looks like the deal is now dead. The motherboard isn't showing up as part of a combo.

Not necassarily dead - still worth a try!

Newegg coupons usually are removed from sight but remain in the system until the last shopping cart containing those coupons expires or around a day after the coupon is no longer listed under the Combination section. Add each item seperately and my experience with Newegg indicates this deal will still show up during check out and during the final price determination.

Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130238

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813188002

Also see if it will let you add the promotion code: evga20

That might net you another twenty dollars.

Hvatum said:

Newegg coupons usually are removed from sight but remain in the system until the last shopping cart containing those coupons expires or around a day after the coupon is no longer listed under the Combination section. Add each item seperately and my experience with Newegg indicates this deal will still show up during check out and during the final price determination.

Nice! Still got extra time to sell my stuff.
:rolleyes:

Hvatum said:

You sir, are one slick bastard.

Deal is Still Alive!!!

-SEAL

you guys better hurry. this deal is soon to be dead. its just a system fluke. order now if you want in on this!

nice

what products does the promotion code "evga20" apply to? or how much does it have to cost?

ChingChang said:
nice

what products does the promotion code "evga20" apply to? or how much does it have to cost?

Just add the combo and it gives you -$20, $383.99 shipped now.

Juic3 said:
Just add the combo and it gives you -$20, $383.99 shipped now.
I know.

I was just wondering what "evga20" does, since I don't want to buy that combo.

UPS shows it will be here on Tuesday, November 1st! :D

1 PACKAGE(S) SHIPPED THUS FAR.

UPS Tracking Number:
(Shipped from La Puente, CA)
Tracking Number Issued: 10/27/2005 7:21:26 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Description Quantity
14-130-238 VGA EVGA|GF 7800GT 256-P2-N518 1
13-188-002 MB EVGA NF4 SLI EDI|133-K8-NF41 - R 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, I didn't think to use the evga20 promo code, but I jumped on this one.

Thanks guys!!

Products Qty. Product Description Total Price
1 Discount FOR 14-130-238&13-188-002
Item #: COM $-139.00
Item(s) shipped from CA Tracking Number:
1 eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Item #: N82E16814130238 $399.00
1 eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813188002 $139.00
1 Generic 73CT-01-0418-BK Cable Tie, BLACK, 4 inch, 18 lbs., 100 pcs / Pack - OEM
Item #: N82E16812999102 $4.99
1 Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817153023 $36.50
1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail
Item #: N82E16819103547 $400.00
2 CORSAIR Ultra-performance 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model CMX512-3200XL - Retail
Item #: N82E16820145520 $198.00
Subtotal: $1,038.49
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $30.05
Rush Order Fee: $2.99
Printer-friendly Version Total: $1,071.53

here is the reply to an email i sent

EMAIL:
Hello. I have bought a 7800GT card because of your
promotions you are giving out with the videocard. This
has brought up a question for me though. I bought the
card today, and it will not be here until Nov the 1st
or 2nd. My purchase date however is the 28th of
october. Will I still qualify for Card Pool promotion,
as well as the Free Call Of Duty 2 game? If this is
not the case, I need to cancel my order so I need a
prompt response, thanks so much!

Ryan

RESPONSE:
Ryan,

Yes, as long as you can provide proof of purchase before month end, you
qualify for the CardPool and Call of Duty 2 promotions. You can
register
the card after October 31st, but just must buy the card before that
date.

Thanks for your patronage.

EVGA Sales

hope this helps! GJ to all those that got in on this one! super sweet price ;)

Yeah, so much for my resisting. I hit the Submit Order button too. My finger just wouldn't stop from clicking the mouse button. I am goign to have to put it into the doghouse before my wife puts me into it.

EvilCloudStrife said:
here is the reply to an email i sent

EMAIL:

RESPONSE:

hope this helps! GJ to all those that got in on this one! super sweet price ;)
So I get the SLI mobo, 7800 GT and COD 2 for $383 After Rebates? :eek: I think I may have to clean out my bank account. ;)

Fir3hawk said:
So I get the SLI mobo, 7800 GT and COD 2 for $383 After Rebates? :eek: I think I may have to clean out my bank account. ;)

no, there is a $25 cash rebate on top of that, and $25 worthless "evga bucks", making it 358 after rebate

I can't get it back in the cart for anything. I'm still pissed about them pulling the deal out of the "10 hour sale" after only an hour or so, now this. I had been working my cart to decide if I should go with 2 of these in SLi, or 1 and upgrade my proc. I guess they made the choice for me. It will be neither. I really hate crap like what they pulled yesterday, and now this. :rolleyes:

BTW, if you notice, the offer about the Free COD is not listed now either, although I guess it's just them messing that up too. :mad:

EvilCloudStrife said:
no, there is a $25 cash rebate on top of that, and $25 worthless "evga bucks", making it 358 after rebate
Where do I go about getting thoose? I've got the mobo and video card in my cart and I applied the promo evga20 and so now I'm at 383.99 shipped.

http://www.evga.com/community/promos/cod2/game.asp I get the free COD 2 there.
http://www.evga.com/community/promos/cardpool/ I just put my serial in? I don't need to find someone else locally or something?

Erich in Az said:
I can't get it back in the cart for anything. I'm still pissed about them pulling the deal out of the "10 hour sale" after only an hour or so, now this. I had been working my cart to decide if I should go with 2 of these in SLi, or 1 and upgrade my proc. I guess they made the choice for me. It will be neither. I really hate crap like what they pulled yesterday, and now this. :rolleyes:

BTW, if you notice, the offer about the Free COD is not listed now either, although I guess it's just them messing that up too. :mad:

I agree - they offered a "10 hour sale" included the deal for $369.. then changed it to $399, and then to no combo. They lost my sale... at least until the next deal!

It's too bad I bought my evga 7800gt @monarch.......although I can still take advantage of the free COD2 deal! I am really impressed with EVGA, also the customer service people are really nice! I called them about the mobo deal and when I found out I could not take advantage of it he mentioned the COD2 deal and tried to give me the link. When I could not find it he said to open google and search for "Call of duty 2 evga" and the first link brings you to the promo, I thought that was really cool!

-Rikus

SEALTeamSix said:
You sir, are one slick bastard.

Deal is Still Alive!!!

-SEAL

:D

Glad to be of service! Remember this tip for the future at Newegg too because it has worked multiple times. I actually discovered this "fluke" in their system purely by accident while arranging a potential system for my friend and pricing each component out seperately at Newegg. When I glanced at my shopping cart I noticed the RAM I had selected was for some reason automatically grouped next the motherboard with an extra $10 off! Needless to say this really surprised me.

While my friend asked me why I hadn't chosen each top-of-the-line component seperately as he had asked me to do I began to question my sanity. I looked at both the motherboard's and RAM's product pages seperately and indeed neither of them had any possible combinations listed whatsoever. To see if it the magical combination was a random browser error I added the same motherboard and RAM to my shopping cart on a new browser on an entirely different machine and network. To initial frustration and then joy they immediatly appeared as a combo in my shopping cart again with the same discount. I then quickly realized there might be ways to take advantage of this!

When my friend finally ended up ordering some of components I had recommended he wisely decided to follow my recommendation on the motherboard and RAM - who can argue with a nice ten dollar cash back courtesy of the lazy database adminstrators at Newegg!

Oh yes, whatever you do please don't email newegg technical support about this. I think this is a "bug" we can all deal with. I always of course secretly hope that I will discover some ultra-hidden combiniation which will result in a free FX-55 from Newegg but have sadly have yet to have such luck. :D

Double Jesus said:
sigh.... again i'm regretting buying a 6800gt last month. even worse is i had to rma it and am just getting it back next week :(

Bad luck man!

On the other hand the guy who keeps waiting for the deal of a lifetime instead of just pouncing and enjoying the fruits of his labor is the greatest fool of all. Better one goose in the pan than two in the bush. ;)

I have a feeling that this secret technique will stop working very soon considering NewEgg reads this forum and I'm sure will end these exploits. Also, the evga20 code is DEAD.

I jumped on the XFX deal earlier this week. At times like this, I wish I wasn't living in California, the tax is killing the deal. Anyone came across similar deal from other sites that is not located in CA?

There is a deal on Tigerdirect for $399 card and mobo with $20 Mail in rebate is ordered by TODAY...so if you want to jump on it, better get it before midnight. So AR for evga and tiger, thats $45 + about 15 shipping and no tax to CA so it ends up around the same, plus if you do fatwallet cash back, thats another 3% off.

I know people often look at TD and get scared from their Rebates, but tax on newegg just kills me.

I am in the same boat the other way around, I live in Florida so the tax from TD eats me up.

Kinderheim511 said:
There is a deal on Tigerdirect for $399 card and mobo with $20 Mail in rebate is ordered by TODAY...so if you want to jump on it, better get it before midnight. So AR for evga and tiger, thats $45 + about 15 shipping and no tax to CA so it ends up around the same, plus if you do fatwallet cash back, thats another 3% off.

I know people often look at TD and get scared from their Rebates, but tax on newegg just kills me.
Thanks, Newegg won't take the evga20 promo code anymore. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, TigerDirect wants $10 more shipping. :rolleyes:

Yeah it really depends on the location...

$5 shipping + about $21 dollar for in state (CA) order puts me at a final of around $430 before rebates...

While TD was $414...

AR should be around the same.

revenant said:
That's a very -decent- mobo from that I have read... it's built by ECS... that's a great deal.. I am thinking about jumping on this also, with a 2nd GT and keeping the mobo for another machine I need to upgrade...

Actually, it's built by jetway, not ecs.
I have one.
I'm very happy with it.
Especially the on-motherboard power on and reset buttons - Quite handy for "out of the case" building and burning in.

Hvatum said:
:D

Glad to be of service! Remember this tip for the future at Newegg too because it has worked multiple times. I actually discovered this "fluke" in their system purely by accident while arranging a potential system for my friend and pricing each component out seperately at Newegg. When I glanced at my shopping cart I noticed the RAM I had selected was for some reason automatically grouped next the motherboard with an extra $10 off! Needless to say this really surprised me.

While my friend asked me why I hadn't chosen each top-of-the-line component seperately as he had asked me to do I began to question my sanity. I looked at both the motherboard's and RAM's product pages seperately and indeed neither of them had any possible combinations listed whatsoever. To see if it the magical combination was a random browser error I added the same motherboard and RAM to my shopping cart on a new browser on an entirely different machine and network. To initial frustration and then joy they immediatly appeared as a combo in my shopping cart again with the same discount. I then quickly realized there might be ways to take advantage of this!

When my friend finally ended up ordering some of components I had recommended he wisely decided to follow my recommendation on the motherboard and RAM - who can argue with a nice ten dollar cash back courtesy of the lazy database adminstrators at Newegg!

Oh yes, whatever you do please don't email newegg technical support about this. I think this is a "bug" we can all deal with. I always of course secretly hope that I will discover some ultra-hidden combiniation which will result in a free FX-55 from Newegg but have sadly have yet to have such luck. :D

Bad luck man!

On the other hand the guy who keeps waiting for the deal of a lifetime instead of just pouncing and enjoying the fruits of his labor is the greatest fool of all. Better one goose in the pan than two in the bush. ;)

By adding them seperatly, I got it to work. I misunderstood your first post and just noticed that they didn't offer the combo, I'm a little miffed about the "10 hour sale" deal still, but I guess that's life. FWIW, I ended up with:

1 MB EVGA NF4 SLI EDI|133-K8-NF41 - R - Retail Item #: N82E16813188002 $139.00
1 VGA EVGA|GF 7800GT 256-P2-N518 - Retail Item #: N82E16814130238 $399.00
1 CPU AMD 64 |3800+ ATHLON 64 939P RT - Retail Item #: N82E16819103570 $282.00
1 PRT HP|INKJET 1410 18PPM Q7290A - Retail Item #: N82E16828104377 $69.99
1 Discount FOR 14-130-238&13-188-002 Item #: COM $-139.00
1 Discount FOR 19-103-570&28-104-377 Item #: COM $-69.95

Subtotal: $681.04
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $14.98
Grand Total: $696.02

So, for 696 shipped I got the 7800GT, SLi MB, 3800+, Free COD2, and a printer/scanner/copier combo. I can live with that ;)

I went with the Athlon64 3200+ (2.0ghz) cpu, but that's because I'm on the cheap right now. =D

Really, any Venice core of 3200+ to 4000+ are great CPU's, 3200+ overclocks rather well on standard heatsinks (the ones that come with it) to around 2.5ghz. If you feel adventurous like that, I'd recommend snagging one!

Deadly sk1llz said:
I went with the Athlon64 3200+ (2.0ghz) cpu, but that's because I'm on the cheap right now. =D

Really, any Venice core of 3200+ to 4000+ are great CPU's, 3200+ overclocks rather well on standard heatsinks (the ones that come with it) to around 2.5ghz. If you feel adventurous like that, I'd recommend snagging one!

what kind of ram did you get?

Back