Fractal Torrent

Yeah, rear panel looks very unrestrictive. Exhaust fan might help keep air from bouncing around so much, but should be fine without it.

I had a cpu temp drop of a couple of degrees after installing an exhaust fan ... But that might be to my special dual cpu setup...

However I do not think you need it. The amount of air from the two 180mm fans is incredible, already at 300rpm.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I have a rear exhaust fan in my Torrent and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. The power supply fan does move the hot air out of the top of the case as well.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I ordered the non-RGB Dark TG Black version of the Torrent case. I was wondering if I should keep the stock bottom fans or install my Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 ip52 Fans on the bottom ?

I ordered the non-RGB Dark TG Black version of the Torrent case. I was wondering if I should keep the stock bottom fans or install my Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 ip52 Fans on the bottom ?

Doesn't seem like it would make a big difference in thermals. The noctuas are a few decibels quieter but I don't think that's noticeable either.

Doesn't seem like it would make a big difference in thermals. The noctuas are a few decibels quieter but I don't think that's noticeable either.
Reading comments on this topic it seems this case out of the box is ready to go. No need to change the fans. Would it be worth it to put one of my Noctua NF-A14 as rear exchaust or don't bother ? I'm using a chromax NH-D15

Reading comments on this topic it seems this case out of the box is ready to go. No need to change the fans. Would it be worth it to put one of my Noctua NF-A14 as rear exchaust or don't bother ? I'm using a chromax NH-D15
it is and there isnt much to improve on BUT having a fan at the back helping will make some sort of difference. just is it worth it. which is why i said to the other poster, take 20min and try it.

it is and there isnt much to improve on BUT having a fan at the back helping will make some sort of difference. just is it worth it. which is why i said to the other poster, take 20min and try it.
I'm worry a Fan will block the RGB logos on the Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master that I'm putting in this case.

I'm worry a Fan will block the RGB logos on the Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master that I'm putting in this case.
nah its offset towards the side of the case:
1642715411083.png

Does anyone know why Fractal dedecided to put TG on both sides of the case?

Does anyone know why Fractal dedecided to put TG on both sides of the case?
Not sure why myself, but the way my case sits I never see it anyway. Also unless you have any lighting on the back you'll never see it either, so to me it was a waste. I also switched out the Fractal LED fans for some Lian Li Al120 fans and seen no difference in thermals.
12-14-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the Dark TG Black version delivered. This case is more impressive in person. I like how they made it really easy to remove the fan hub. They put protective plastic on both sides of the glass ! I know some people/reviews stated they didn't like the plastic and wanted metal for the price. I really like the feel of this case. Plastic and metal feel good. This is my 2nd fractal case. I have the meshify c mini. That case as well has good build quality. The fans this case comes with on paper are very close to Noctua's specifications. I think they are within 2 cfm and 2 or 3 dba in noise. Noctua's can spin 1500 rpm and these fractal 140mm fans can do 1700 rpm. How I see it for $189 Fractal is giving you over $100 worth of their fans and the enclosure is costing you $89-100$. So the $189 price point seems high but also seems valid for what you are getting in this case.

I just got the Dark TG Black version delivered. This case is more impressive in person. I like how they made it really easy to remove the fan hub. They put protective plastic on both sides of the glass ! I know some people/reviews stated they didn't like the plastic and wanted metal for the price. I really like the feel of this case. Plastic and metal feel good. This is my 2nd fractal case. I have the meshify c mini. That case as well has good build quality. The fans this case comes with on paper are very close to Noctua's specifications. I think they are within 2 cfm and 2 or 3 dba in noise. Noctua's can spin 1500 rpm and these fractal 140mm fans can do 1700 rpm. How I see it for $189 Fractal is giving you over $100 worth of their fans and the enclosure is costing you $89-100$. So the $189 price point seems high but also seems valid for what you are getting in this case.
Yea I noticed some reviews were harping on the plastic but it still feels high quality to me and the front grill is just beautiful.

Yea I noticed some reviews were harping on the plastic but it still feels high quality to me and the front grill is just beautiful.
Yeah, the front grill looks better in person. I feel like companies will use plastic to lessen the total weight. Plastic sometimes is cheaper and sometimes not depending on tooling but they will save on shipping cost.

Has anyone noticed that the NON-RGB version of fractal fans have more CFM than the RGB version?

Has anyone noticed that the NON-RGB version of fractal fans have more CFM than the RGB version?
In this case I doubt it would be that noticeable. Like I mentioned I went from Fractals big fans down to Lian Li 120mm fans and hardly seen any thermal difference.

My best guess is that the translucent polymer is less rigid and therefore less stable at speed, reducing its ability to move air as efficiently. Don't know if that's correct though.

I liked building in this case. Wish there was more room for cable management, but it wasn't too bad. I'm happy with the non RGB version. Wanted a little bit of RGB but not too flashy like my last build. (pic for reference below) The Fractal non RGB gives a cleaner, sophisticated look.

Attachments

• 20220120_125143.jpg
    20220120_125143.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220120_125011.jpg
    20220120_125011.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220121_173544.jpg
    20220121_173544.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 1
RGB does (in my opinion) not mean that the case has to be lit up like a rainbow.

I like the colors, but have it quite decent and the color change is set up super slow. Normally i only have blue and green.

However, it seems that some games like Halo Infinite takes over the control - i've got the razer argb controller ... quite fun.

Last edited:
RGB does (in my opinion) not mean that the case has to be lit up like a rainbow.

I like the colors, but have it quite decent and the color change is set up super slow. Normally i only have blue and green.

However, it seems that some games like Halo Infinite takes over the control - i've got the razer argb controller ... quite fun.
That's why i perfer dark TG as opposed to clear glass. It looks great with just a few RGB things.

Subtle lighting all the way! Rainbow puke when is called for…

Does anyone have problems with fan noise at idle? And how about coil whine and other noises?

I currently have a Define 7 and I'm debating whether to dump $80 into Noctua fans, or just grab the Torrent instead. I watch a lot of content on my PC which is why I've always preferred silence-focused cases in the past.

Does anyone have problems with fan noise at idle? And how about coil whine and other noises?

I currently have a Define 7 and I'm debating whether to dump $80 into Noctua fans, or just grab the Torrent instead. I watch a lot of content on my PC which is why I've always preferred silence-focused cases in the past.
I didn't experience much fan noise with the stock fans. However this case seems to bring in quite a bit of dust. I clean my PC about once a month and I have never seen it that dusty.

I didn't experience much fan noise with the stock fans. However this case seems to bring in quite a bit of dust. I clean my PC about once a month and I have never seen it that dusty.
You would think the two dust filters would prevent this ?

The Fractal Fans that the Torrent comes with are very close in spec with Noctua's. They have a similar sound. I don't think it would be worth the money to replace them.

I don't have any of those issues, I can only hear the fans when I'm gaming and the system gets hot. The Torrent moves a ton of air and it's open in the front even with the big ass grill. The open front with 2 x 180mm fans would be a huge upgrade from the Define 7. Plus the Torrent has a pretty open back too with the honeycomb design. You can see how open the back is here:
fractal1.jpg

If you do have an issue with coil whine, you could probably reduce it by placing some sound dampening foam behind the case so it's not reflected off the wall. Otherwise, isolating the noise with a straw or probe and replacing the component or correcting it yourself are probably your best options. A very closed case with good noise reduction measures would certainly help, but it won't completely eliminate the noise if your hearing is sensitive enough.

You would think the two dust filters would prevent this ?
You would think, but from my instance they don't do that great of a job. I keep my desk pretty clean and dust once a week, so I was surprised I seen that much in the case. I should have snapped some photos. I had a 5000X sitting here so I transplanted my build into that case for now. I'm going to check this out in the same time frame to see if the dust is any better.

You would think, but from my instance they don't do that great of a job. I keep my desk pretty clean and dust once a week, so I was surprised I seen that much in the case. I should have snapped some photos. I had a 5000X sitting here so I transplanted my build into that case for now. I'm going to check this out in the same time frame to see if the dust is any better

The filters are a fine mesh. Do you have your case on the floor or on a table or stand?

Looks nice! I see no fans on the bottom? The front into looks to be the same 180mm sized fans which is good. Will have to wait and see when this comes out.

That Nano looks awesome. Assuming it's mini-ITX only like the Define Nano, that has to be one of the coolest mini-ITX cases I've seen. Compact looks great too. Looking forward to seeing when they'll be released and pricing info.
I find it hard to justify paying $200 for the regular size Torrent, considering I don't need a full size case for a micro-ATX build and that I could get other great cases for half that price or a little more, even from Fractal. If they can get the prices more competitive on these smaller versions, I would love to pick one up.

Back