Fractal stock fans?

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Auer, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Auer

Auer [H]ard|Gawd

2. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

If they are the same as the r6 then they are pretty quite.

Auer likes this.
  3. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

They are quiet (as most are at low rpm) but the quality is so-so. I would use them and replace down the line if needed.

Auer likes this.
  4. viivo

viivo [H]ard|Gawd

The only issue is they are 1000RPM and at full speed you can barely feel any air, but they are quiet. Replace them only if you need more airflow.

kirbyrj and Auer like this.
  5. zpackrat

zpackrat Gawd

I have a define s (3 intake, 1 exhaust) and an R5 (2 intake, 1 exhaust) and they move enough air and are just about silent. so I would say use em till they fail. FWIW my r5 runs my server and it's on 24/7 and has been for over 2 years without issue.

Auer and kirbyrj like this.
  6. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

Depends on which RTX card I'd think. 2060? Probably good enough. 2080+...might be pushing it depending on the gaming load. Probably worth monitoring the temps first before spending the money to replace them.

I used that case before with a blower card and it worked out OK since a lot of heat was being expelled by the card itself. I haven't tried it with a dual fan card.

Auer likes this.
  7. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

I've been running several Fractal Design cases. For video cards under 200w, the stock cooling (140mm + 120mm) should be fine.

If you need more airflow, they do offer more fan slots.

Auer likes this.
  8. Dajinn

Dajinn [H]Lite

I picked up a Define S2 recently, the stock 140mm fans are honestly not usable, the issue is their RPM rating is on the abysmal side and as such they barely move any air. Plus, they're 3 pin.

9. Auer

Auer [H]ard|Gawd

10. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles [H]ard|Gawd

Most stock case fans are. This is not a problem though since you just set your mobo header to voltage and they perform well. What I do no recommend is those stock fan hubs, I have not had good luck getting those things to perform how I want.

Auer likes this.