Fractal stock fans?

They are quiet (as most are at low rpm) but the quality is so-so. I would use them and replace down the line if needed.

Reactions: Auer
like this
The only issue is they are 1000RPM and at full speed you can barely feel any air, but they are quiet. Replace them only if you need more airflow.

I have a define s (3 intake, 1 exhaust) and an R5 (2 intake, 1 exhaust) and they move enough air and are just about silent. so I would say use em till they fail. FWIW my r5 runs my server and it's on 24/7 and has been for over 2 years without issue.

Depends on which RTX card I'd think. 2060? Probably good enough. 2080+...might be pushing it depending on the gaming load. Probably worth monitoring the temps first before spending the money to replace them.

I used that case before with a blower card and it worked out OK since a lot of heat was being expelled by the card itself. I haven't tried it with a dual fan card.

like this
I've been running several Fractal Design cases. For video cards under 200w, the stock cooling (140mm + 120mm) should be fine.

If you need more airflow, they do offer more fan slots.

like this
I picked up a Define S2 recently, the stock 140mm fans are honestly not usable, the issue is their RPM rating is on the abysmal side and as such they barely move any air. Plus, they're 3 pin.

Ended up with Arctic 140's up front, PWM

https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/p14-pwm-pst.html

20200121_085619_HDR.jpg

I picked up a Define S2 recently, the stock 140mm fans are honestly not usable, the issue is their RPM rating is on the abysmal side and as such they barely move any air. Plus, they're 3 pin.

Most stock case fans are. This is not a problem though since you just set your mobo header to voltage and they perform well. What I do no recommend is those stock fan hubs, I have not had good luck getting those things to perform how I want.

like this
Ended up with Arctic 140's up front, PWM
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/p14-pwm-pst.html
[pic of system deleted]
I would try blocking some or all of the mesh/grill on the front-bottom of the case under the fans in front of the PSU. The air from the bottom fan will push out the bottom more than want to push up and through the back and back-top of the case where it would do more good.

like this
I would try blocking some or all of the mesh/grill on the front-bottom of the case under the fans in front of the PSU. The air from the bottom fan will push out the bottom more than want to push up and through the back and back-top of the case where it would do more good.

Thanks.

CPU temps are great atm with the 120 rad so no issue there. Biggest issue is the very small clearance between PSU and GPU thats causing some high temps and loudness when under load.
I suspect nothing but water cooling would alleviate that tho.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Thanks.

CPU temps are great atm with the 120 rad so no issue there. Biggest issue is the very small clearance between PSU and GPU thats causing some high temps and loudness when under load.
I suspect nothing but water cooling would alleviate that tho.
Thought you had a psu shroud at first but realized it is a fractal PSU lol. Other thing you could try is taking the shroud off the GPU and see if it helps any, yours doesn't look bad but some do restrict airflow a bit.

like this
Back