FPS, SP No Monsters?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
I've been out of the gaming scene for a while, but wondering if there are any decent games that are FPS with SP mode (not into MP anymore really), that don't have Monsters/Aliens, etc in the plot.

Loved Far-Cry up to the point where there were the monsters..
HL2 / HL1 is good as well, but again, tired of monsters...

anything just human on human?

Have come of the Rainbow 6 games, and they are a bit too slow, SWAT games are ok, but not quite right either...

(Currently have a gaming pc, but also considering a console.)

COD2, (Call of Duty2), older game, but play is fun and all non-alien AI; similar with the Medal of Honner games.

FEAR and CoD2 are both good. Also, try NOLF and NOLF2.

FEAR is good, but it has ghosts, and those crazy Watchers are such a freakish pain that they're pretty much monsters too.

Max Payne / 2
Hitman / 2 (might be slow if you didn't like the pace of the R6 series)
Soldier of Fortune / 2
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (There are aliens, but not monster-aliens; they have 2 legs, 2 arms, act and communicate like humans. I'd include the original, but there's a rancor in its expansion, as well as in Jedi Academy.)

On the console side, 007: Everything or Nothing was a fun human v. human game for the PS2. Some of the Bond games have been reviewed as crap, unsurprisingly being movie ports, but every once in a while a good one like Goldeneye or EoN shows up.

I've been out of the gaming scene for a while, but wondering if there are any decent games that are FPS with SP mode (not into MP anymore really), that don't have Monsters/Aliens, etc in the plot.

Loved Far-Cry up to the point where there were the monsters..
HL2 / HL1 is good as well, but again, tired of monsters...

anything just human on human?

Have come of the Rainbow 6 games, and they are a bit too slow, SWAT games are ok, but not quite right either...

(Currently have a gaming pc, but also considering a console.)

judging by the way things have been going lately... we should probably find out if this guy is enrolled in school....

and if so we should have him expelled, and possibly arrested....

because clearly he is mentally preparing himself for a mass shooting.

everything i had to suggest has already been listed. at least off the top of my head. i'm sure i'm missing something, if i happen to think of it i'll be sure to post it up.

Have you played the Matto 3 and 4 mod for farcry yet? It's an easy .exe installed mod and it has some good fun. And it's free. :)

Edit: It's a complete story mod btw.

Have you played the Matto 3 and 4 mod for farcry yet? It's an easy .exe installed mod and it has some good fun. And it's free. :)

Edit: It's a complete story mod btw.

thats sounds pretty good. is it fun? I wish they could make a farcry mod with more story. but still have SOME killing :)

Been out of school for quite a while... blah :p

The mods to Farcry sound good, might have to check those out for a quick fix.

What was Max P about?

What was Max P about?
Revenge, to put it simply. And a one-man war against the mob and a government conspiracy. I know it sounds like a bit of a cliché, but it's so well fleshed-out and so brilliantly executed that it'll never cross your mind.

In every respect, this game is about as close to perfect as you could hope for. Probably one of the best SP experiences you'll ever have. Trust me, you won't regret it.

The sequel's story is a bit less engaging, but it improves on the original in nearly every other respect. It's quite short (and that was the main complaint with it when it released), but at bargain bin prices that's not such an issue.

I vote for Max Payne also. Especially if you know very little about it. One of the best games I ever played. Also one of the few I hated to have to put down to go do something else.

Another fun game but wasn't too engaging for me was the Hitman series. Not really FPS but was pretty intresting to plot out hits.

If you haven't played Max Payne, you really owe it to yourself. The sequel is great too.

Yay Baseball Bat Boy!

I feel the same way about Far Cry. The first few levels of the game are awesome then you get the god damn aliens. Ruined it for me. I gotta check out the mods for it.

Deus Ex
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
FEAR (it has some ghost things at the end but they aren't really monsters :p)
Call of Duty
XIII

Max Payne 1 & 2 if you're open to third person shooters.

Honestly can't think of anything else offhand thats purely humans. Star Trek: Elite Force is all aliens but they are mostly humanoids; sadly the last level degenerates into sillyness.

Despite having monsters System Shock 2 is incredable if you've never played it.

Dark Messiah. Not exactly a shooter in the regular sense and I guess one would consider giant spiders, orcs, undead and the like to be monsterish. Very awesome but sadly very short. Probably the best combat, ever. Dont worry, there is plenty of people to impale on your sword or whatever else you'd prefer to play through with - I'm a fan of daggers myself.

Yeah, I prefer ones without freakish, slime-dripping monsters that are just annoying too. I wish more were just human-against-humanoid/human games all the way through, as well.

I finally went through the Matto 3 mod last night, was some good action, 4 coming up soon, then I guess I start searching for NOLF and COD for the next rounds

Not the crappy port that was GRAW, but the real Ghost Recon. Along with its expansions, it's pretty much the only one in the series worth playing.

Hitman series is awesome if you have the patience to methodically carry out the missions without allowing it to turn to a bloodbath.

Surprised nobody mentioned Splinter Cell series...lots of stealthy fun. I haven't played the newest one, Double Agent though...

Back