Forza, Vega destroys 1080ti

ZOMG! It's back! This propaganda is better than North Korea's! (Yes, I know it got its arse whipped coming and going by the 1080ti in the rest of the benchmarks ran; can't we have some fun for a bit?) :) ;) ;)
https://www.eteknix.com/asus-strix-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-graphics-card-review/5/

There's certainly issues with that specific game as they state in their own page.

The scores here are all over the place! At 1080p the VEGA 64 set the highest ever average frame rate, then it’s between the 1080 and the 1080 Ti at 1440p. Then amazingly it’s up there with the 1080 Ti at 4K.

That kind of inconsistency it's weird at all resolutions.. and I think (due minimums between 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 ) that it may be related to the CPU?. It's a 5960X at stock clocks I would like to see frame times due the minimums extremely low of the VEGA64 that card tend to be more consistent on minimums.

ZOMG! It's back! This propaganda is better than North Korea's! (Yes, I know it got its arse whipped coming and going by the 1080ti in the rest of the benchmarks ran; can't we have some fun for a bit?) :) ;) ;)
https://www.eteknix.com/asus-strix-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-graphics-card-review/5/

7-1-800x600.jpg

23-800x600.jpg

Neat! But something is awfully wrong with the Vega 56 results, I don't expect Vega 64 to be almost twice as fast as Vega 56 or GTX 1070 and Fury X beating Vega 56.

Neat! But something is awfully wrong with the Vega 56 results, I don't expect Vega 64 to be almost twice as fast as Vega 56 or GTX 1070 and Fury X beating Vega 56.

Most results tend to match.. but not the VEGA6 results.. those are the anomaly.. and we have to take in consideration that as they state in their own review.. all of those results are rehashed from older reviews.. the only new test was made with the vega64 and simply they thrown the results to the chart with older results. Different that what [H] do, testing all the cards presented on a review

7-1-800x600.jpg

23-800x600.jpg

That Vega 56 gap...

What's with the disparity between 1080 Ti custom models vs reference?

Didn't this site also claim this week, that 1070 Ti can't be OC'ed?

Is eTeknix worse than WCCFTech? Should they be laughed off the internet?

Most results tend to match.. but not the VEGA6 results.. those are the anomaly.. and we have to take in consideration that as they state in their own review.. all of those results are rehashed from older reviews.. the only new test was made with the vega64 and simply they thrown the results to the chart with older results. Different that what [H] do, testing all the cards presented on a review

That is why I am very suspicious of their results and whether they do any retesting or just reusing old results.

That Vega 56 gap...

Heck yeah! That's why I said propaganda better than North Korea. The sad thing is that those websites influence video card sales. :(

If I had to guess I would say the 56 is on power saver, It is very low on the power charts as well. If the 64 is on turbo and 56 on power saver then the 64 could well be almost twice as fast.

Even if 1 game or a flawed test, the fact that Vega is even in the ballpark of the Ti shows the card has some juice.

If I had to guess I would say the 56 is on power saver, It is very low on the power charts as well. If the 64 is on turbo and 56 on power saver then the 64 could well be almost twice as fast.

Seems like a huge oversight if that is the case that Vega 56 is on power saver mode. That benchmark from that site just seems half ass if they don't even question the Vega 56 results in relationship to Fury X and GTX 1070.

Seems like a huge oversight if that is the case that Vega 56 is on power saver mode. That benchmark from that site just seems half ass if they don't even question the Vega 56 results in relationship to Fury X and GTX 1070.

I have to agree with this and I think it is an obvious or intentional oversight. I may not always like Kyle's results or opinions but at least he is as fair as anyone can be.

Even if 1 game or a flawed test, the fact that Vega is even in the ballpark of the Ti shows the card has some juice.

Eh, Vega has juice regardless- but if it's posting close to a 1080Ti, then there's likely something wrong with the app being tested. Which is what has been proven to be the case here.

Who cares. It's one game ... give the AMD Vega owners one game. Not only give them one game, lets be humble and congratulate them on the one game the Vega does well in.

In fact, I think this is such an important accomplishment that I propose we start a grass roots campaign to get the card renamed from Vega 64 to "Vega Forza."

This is honestly ... without a doubt the weirdest thing I've seen in Tech here of late. A video card that literally plays one game well. One game. Not five, not ten ... but, one.

Who cares. It's one game ... give the AMD Vega owners one game. Not only give them one game, lets be humble and congratulate them on the one game the Vega does well in.

In fact, I think this is such an important accomplishment that I propose we start a grass roots campaign to get the card renamed from Vega 64 to "Vega Forza."

This is honestly ... without a doubt the weirdest thing I've seen in Tech here of late. A video card that literally plays one game well. One game. Not five, not ten ... but, one.

Forza 64: Long Wait Edition

It was just a driver issue. Nvidia fixed it and now the GTX 1080 and Vega 64 are butting heads again as usual. ;)

Nvidia did not release the game ready drivers before the game came out ....

I think they released Game Ready drivers before the game came out and then after they were so far behind they released a new Game Ready driver to catch up to the Vega 64 performance. I believe that's what happened, but I don't always keep up with Nvidia driver releases.

That Vega 56 gap...

They're just running the in-game benchmarks, and it has been widely discussed that the benchmark in Mankind Divided in particular is the furthest thing from real gameplay experience. [H]'s own real gaming testing shows it is closely matched with the 1080, but of course nowhere near the 1080 Ti.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/10/09/amd_radeon_rx_vega_64_4k_video_card_review/7

Back