Forspoken

I'm going to wait for a side by side comparison from console to PC if the graphics look exactly the same I won't buy it.

The first hour leaked on youtube (video is now private).
It's getting wraked pretty hard by some of the gaming community.

when does the review embargo lift?...something tells me Square Enix will not want reviews going out until after the game officially launches

No one posted PC specs yet? Pretty beef for how crappy it looks. Storage space is stupid.

forspoken-system-requirements.jpg

Nobody knows what to think of this game. I saw one guy on Steam who has it pre-ordered.

I care more about the DirectStorage benchmarks than the game itself...mainly DS W10 vs W11, PCIe 4.0 vs 3.0 and NVMe vs SSD

I don't think the differences are going to be much different between PCIe 3.0 vs 4.0...I am curious about W10...might get me to finally downgrade to W11

Those Ultimate requirements are crazy! The game better look the part, that PS5 demo was not impressive IMO.

I know it's going to be a good game just wondering about performance cause it's more unoptimized than a 12VHPWR cable. Say if the PS5 version is better than the PC version.

I get the feeling that this game is either going to be so bland and dull that it gets forgotten in a couple weeks, or it's going to be so bad that it ends up on multiple "worst games of the year" lists at the end of December. SE just keeps trowing up red flag after red flag, there's no way it ends up being good.

No one posted PC specs yet? Pretty beef for how crappy it looks. Storage space is stupid.

<snip>
So a 6800XT is good for 4k 60fps but a 6700XT can only do 1440p at 30fps? I didn't realize there was such a drastic difference between those two cards...

Doom 2016 also didn't send out review codes and we see how that turned out. Not sending out a lot of review codes doesn't necessarily mean the game will be bad.

The exception does not make the rule and SquareEnix is not iD. SE is pretty good about sending out review codes early and wide spread, even for their less-than-stellar titles. Not sending out many, if any, codes speaks volumes about SE's confidence levels in the games. On it's own, it would still be a red flag that might speak more to "maybe they're trying to hid bugs and performance issues" but with every other red flag attached to the game it's a pretty bad sign.

some major sites are reporting that they have not received review codes...definitely not a good sign...the PC version in particular with those crazy specs seems like it has the potential for poor optimization...I'm hoping the game turns out to be better than the pre-release hype suggests but I'm not holding out hype...if I were the type that pre-orders I would definitely stay away from pre-ordering this

I bought it probably the only one on [H]ardforum I'm a sucker for 3rd person games might actually get something out of this.
I had to buy it today because of my slow internet if I bought it on my days off I wouldn't be able to download it in time.
I guess preload was on the 20th already for Steam but the PS5 is today. 120 install size 97 gigs compressed download.

I’d assume play BOTW again then play this thing.
I rather quit gaming period then play either. With the embargo lifting tomorrow and most don't even have review copies yet is a bad sign. Those that actually did get copies will be nothing but shills.

What does a reviewer do anyway just compared it to other games until you get sick in the stomach then profit off clicks.

Last edited:
as expected, reviews are pretty average...some reviews are more positive but those seem like shills since Square Enix limited the sites that got review codes...

Game Informer Review

Getting from one place to another is Forspoken’s high point, and while no other element quite reaches the heights of how fun running and climbing are, Frey’s adventure isn’t without its highlights...7.5/10...

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/forspoken/average-isekai

IGN review

Forspoken’s flashy combat and parkour can be fun, but they aren’t enough to make its cliche story and barebones open world very interesting to explore...6/10...

Last edited:
I liked Eurogamer's overall conclusion...seems fair...Eurogamer doesn't usually shill or go with extreme reactions...they are pretty balanced with their reviews overall...

"What's clear is there are highlights here - I had my doubts going into Forspoken, and I came away pleasantly surprised...despite misgivings about Frey's backstory and the divisive dialogue, Luminous has created one of the more engaging heroes I've seen for some time, even if she shuns that title...this story takes time to get going, and while the writing doesn't always land, there's plenty to enjoy even if the numerous ups and downs make Forspoken hard to universally recommend...still, thanks to its robust character development, detailed worldbuilding, and stylish combat, there are elements here that are still worth a look"...

https://www.eurogamer.net/forspoken-review-a-slow-burner-thats-not-without-its-charms

Since no PC versions were reviewed----the assumption is that the PC version must not be ready for prime time. Yikes.

Interesting reviews. Definite pass for me, though I still kind of want to play the full game at some point since I liked combat in the demo, maybe when it hits the $20 mark for the deluxe/complete version. They can't walk and talk between NPCs it all just stops and then plays a cutscene rofl. I guess we know why it takes up so much room now.
The random review I watched:

Since no PC versions were reviewed----the assumption is that the PC version must not be ready for prime time. Yikes.
Or Squeenix and Sony want to push sales for the console version.
Interesting reviews. Definite pass for me, though I still kind of want to play the full game at some point since I liked combat in the demo, maybe when it hits the $20 mark for the deluxe/complete version. They can't walk and talk between NPCs it all just stops and then plays a cutscene rofl. I guess we know why it takes up so much room now.
The random review I watched:

Worst game of 2023 so far. Plenty of year left to go for another AAA company to impress us with their ineptitude.

Watched the video. Of course #7 is complaining about the writing team being entirely made up of white people. It is current year, after all.

Last edited:
Another scathing review... It's great having people like ACG and Matty who always tell it like it is. This is a HARD PASS for me. Sounds like it's been made for the TIKTOK generation.

based on reviews, the main issue for me is that the open world is boring and empty...even the environments lack any sort of unique features and basically all look the same with a different color filter...I wonder if the original plans were more ambitious and there was a major downgrade in terms of visuals and scope...traversal seem to be the high point along with some aspects of the combat (particle effects) but even then the enemy variety also seems very lackluster...seems like reviewers wanted to like it more and the blueprints for a decent game are somewhat there but the execution is terrible

oh well at least I have the DirectStorage benchmarks to look forward to

Last edited:
Back