Forget Expensive Soundcards

For me, I have stopped buying new soundcard after I got my first external DAC a couple of years ago. I was using an EMU 1212m before and at that time, people were saying it was one of the best cards for music but the external DAC just sounded so much better in every way. I know external DACs cost a lot more and you get no special sound effects for games, but this is perfectly fine for me as I would rather pay more and sacrifice some gaming effects for better music quality.

As for lossless vs 320Kbps MP3, I can only tell the difference between the two only on certain well recorded songs even with my Omega 2. The easiest place for me to tell was the very low frequency part where the bass has more weight in the wav files. The difference was definitely subtle though. I surely wouldn't notice the difference if I weren't listening carefully.

Good post thanks.

I'm not gonna call you a cock, (I just about spit my coffee all over my montitor again tho when I read that! Haha!) but you sir, are freakin' DEAF. Go check yer ears. Grab some Q-tips and fix 'em. Maybe its the type of crap you listen to?

And you're the one trying to throw the insults?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I for one understand what he means. 99.99% of everyone I've ever met cannot tell the difference between a WAV rip and a LAME 320kbps rip.

Lossless really starts to shine in highpowered systems / receivers that exaggerate certain frequencies more or less with built in a maximizer

Kinda had it coming. Go spend some time in the 2-channel section of AVSForums... post your "thoughts" over there, see what they think. :p

The [H]ard|Forum Rules:

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS.

-------------
Sorry criccio, but no matter if he deserved it or not, you know the rules like the rest of us. Be a bigger person than the next guy.

The [H]ard|Forum Rules:

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS.

-------------
Sorry criccio, but no matter if he deserved it or not, you know the rules like the rest of us. Be a bigger person than the next guy.

I had a brain enfarction when Klob called all people liars who can tell the difference between mp3 and lossless.
If you dont think that was flaming to start with, you need to verify how you define your own standards.

I gave him what he was due, it was a momentary thing.
I dont have any regret and my opinion of his statement stands firm.
I have no wish to take this further and the topic was dropped by me straight after so please dont do any more to get this thread locked.

It is over and done with. We have moved on. No more posts in regards to this please. Everyone have a great weekend!

Back