folding has commenced

I'd like to extend a hearty greeting and welcome to the [H]orde!

Fold [H]ard!!!

For whateve it's worth, I'm running the SMP in Win7 (64) as a service- seems fine...

Last edited:
One thing I wanted to ask about was with the setup above (Core 2 6300 @ 1.86 GHz, 2 GB RAM) I am running SMP and I set it to NORMAL... is it too slow for that? should I put it on SMALL? It's a dedicated folder.

The CMD window needs to stay open. I think you can use something like TrayIt to minimize it to your tray (has been years since I tried to do this.) Others probably have better ideas for this. You theoretically could run it as a service, but I seem to recall problems with doing this.

Should have no prob running smp as a service on windows, gpu client as a service on WinXP/2003 only tho. Make a shortcut to the [email protected] (or however yours is named)on the desktop. Right click it and go to properties. In the target field add the -configonly flag e.g. C:\Program Files\FAH\[email protected] -configonly (leave a space at end of [email protected] before adding -configonly) and click apply. Now click the shortcut to run it and set up your options. Add a passkey to get your bonus points, select yes when you get to advanced options and select yes when asked to run as a service in this directory. you can add the -smp flag to the parameters and machine ID's for differentiating between CPU and GPU clients when you want to run both on the same machine. Reboot and smp will run as a service with no command window necessary. You can use the same -configonly flag to set up the GPU client as well, just follow the same procedure. No GPU service on Vista/7/8 tho. Welcome to the [H]orde !

so far i have an i3-2130 CPU that is (was) sitting in the server room doing nothing

Back