Flow direction ish question.

Hakaba

[H]ard|Gawd
Afternoon, before I tear everything down to move cases I was want to try and mimic the following builds tubing. But before I did that I read through the manuals for EKWB's blocks (1080 TI/CH6 Monoblock) and see that you "must" use certain ports as inlets/outlets. I am concerned that the Monoblock will get the best flow while the GPU will fight or struggle to flow water across its block.

BLUF: I want to mimic the below tubing setup for a minimalistic approach. I do not see an issue with this since the loops water will normalize but I am unsure if it will mess with the flow.

Test.jpg

You'll lose performance on the blocks that are plumbed "wrong," as the jet plates over the dies are configured for a specific direction. As for your other concern, parellelizing three blocks like that will cut the flow rate in each down to 33% of normal, ASSUMING all three blocks have identical resistance. The GPU blocks will, but not the CPU block. The best thing you can search for is detailed restriction info on the blocks you want to use and see how close they are.

Yeah, parallel loops look cooler, but unless all your blocks have the same restrictiveness it's going to result in unpredictable flow differences.

It's much better to not mess with parallel flow configurations.

Thanks for the quick response, I figure the flow would be messed up but unsure by how much.

In the end I might just test it and see for myself.

In a lot of cases where it's only one GPU and CPU, it works okay even if the blocks aren't perfectly balanced. Not the best it could be, but okay.

In your case, I'd just be worried because GPU blocks are generally less restrictive than CPU blocks to begin with. I'm worried that between two paralleled GPU blocks and a single CPU block, a big chunk of your flow will go through the GPUs and your CPU will just get a trickle.

Back