Flatout 2

todlerix

2[H]4U
EXTREMLY BAD ASS GAME.

My co-workers and i have been playing non stop sooo fun

If you liked NFSMW/U1&2 or Flatout 1, you'll love Flatout 2

The crashing physics are the BEST i've ever seen.

Its out!

NO STARFORCE, SECUROM 7 IN ITS PLACE

It´s out since at least a week :).

Yes sadly it got Starforce 4. I ordered it before I knew I don´t want to support Starforce but I am very happy to support BugBear :)

It has Starforce? Ugh!

Is there multiplayer this time? I really liked the first copy, but the lack of multi was a big turn off. My friend and I used a hack job to get it going, but it was far from easy. Something about making a dude fly thru the air over a bar is great fun. Then seeing boxes, break his fall. :)

What a bummer, I would of played it too...

You know whats really amazing is that TrackMania Nations, which is a free game, also has starforce on it. When will these bastards quit? :mad:

I would be interested but after starforce fucked up my notebook with splinter cell 3 they get a huge middle finger pointed at them. I refuse to buy any game that uses that tech. The first game was pretty cool but needed a level editor and the derby tracks had way to much to run into(tires etc). Anyway good luck to anyone that buys this.

Starforce really sucks, it really messes up my burner when it is installed...So a big F U goes to starforce...

todlerix said:
This game is too awesome to care about star force

When you have to buy a new dvd burner for a notebook or 2 becuase starforce fucks it up you would care. One of my friends had it kill a burner in his toshiba. Good thing it was under warranty because toshiba wants 600 and some bucks for the drive. It was like a 2x off a p75. Mind you if it was not under warranty we could have got a generic one for like 120-150 at the time but still a 600 dollar drive killed. My dell just refused to burn disks untill I removed the starforce. One of my other friends ended up buying a dvd burner before he found out it was starforce as well. Needless to say I'm not happy with them.

swatbat said:
When you have to buy a new dvd burner for a notebook or 2 becuase starforce fucks it up you would care. One of my friends had it kill a burner in his toshiba. Good thing it was under warranty because toshiba wants 600 and some bucks for the drive. It was like a 2x off a p75. Mind you if it was not under warranty we could have got a generic one for like 120-150 at the time but still a 600 dollar drive killed. My dell just refused to burn disks untill I removed the starforce. One of my other friends ended up buying a dvd burner before he found out it was starforce as well. Needless to say I'm not happy with them.

You adding 0's for fun?

Killa_2327 said:
You adding 0's for fun?

No toshiba wanted 600 and some bucks for the drive. It was a p25 not p75 laptop. Can't remember the rest of the model. That was the ASP price for the drive too. Give you an idea of the crazy prices toshiba wants for these things I looked up a dvd-ram drive off a p25-s509. Did this right before I typed this.

Part:
K000000680

Customer Sale Price: $535.6
ASP Sale Price: $357.07

These are straight buys without exchange. The ASP price is what toshbia would charge a authorized repair center for the part. The customer price is what they would charge you if you mailed them the notebook for them to fix out of warranty. Nationalparts which is the offical reseller of toshiba parts for end users to buy doesn't have the drive but stocks a replacement. It is 550.00.

Mind you I can transfer the bezel to a generic dvd burner that would cost now like what 80 bucks for a notebook but if you want the real toshiba part that is an example. In his case the retail store that he had the warranty through put an oem replacement in. Yes the notebook got a 600 dollar dvd drive put in. The vendor they went through could not get a refurb one and they ordered it from toshiba.

todlerix said:
thats crazy, i wonder how it managed that ;x

If you read about the old starforce they had a bunch of issues with it. It replaced some drivers for the cd roms which caused a bunch of issues and they were not patched(ms updated the drivers to fix security holes in them) so they were in a sence depatching your box. A lot of people had issues with with there cd/dvd burners slowing down and then just not buring disks. The one guy replaced his because if your drive reads most disks ok but fails at burning disks all the time under multiple programs you figure it is going bad and toss it. The guy with the toshiba could not get the drive to work right after starforce even after a restore. I found out about starforce like a day or 2 before I was going to order a replacement drive for my dell. A bunch of people online also reported having the drives nuked from the software where they needed to be replaced. It is sad as the first flatout was good but if the second one uses starforce I'm afraid of installing it. I wouldn't load a virus on a machine to take a chance with it and this can do pretty much the same thing. Maybe I'll pick up the game for the xbox if it will run on a 360. The first one was pretty good.

swatbat said:
No toshiba wanted 600 and some bucks for the drive. It was a p25 not p75 laptop. Can't remember the rest of the model. That was the ASP price for the drive too. Give you an idea of the crazy prices toshiba wants for these things I looked up a dvd-ram drive off a p25-s509. Did this right before I typed this.

Part:
K000000680

Customer Sale Price: $535.6
ASP Sale Price: $357.07

These are straight buys without exchange. The ASP price is what toshbia would charge a authorized repair center for the part. The customer price is what they would charge you if you mailed them the notebook for them to fix out of warranty. Nationalparts which is the offical reseller of toshiba parts for end users to buy doesn't have the drive but stocks a replacement. It is 550.00.

Mind you I can transfer the bezel to a generic dvd burner that would cost now like what 80 bucks for a notebook but if you want the real toshiba part that is an example. In his case the retail store that he had the warranty through put an oem replacement in. Yes the notebook got a 600 dollar dvd drive put in. The vendor they went through could not get a refurb one and they ordered it from toshiba.

That is just not right, thats friggin rape. What makes this DVD drive so special?

Fuck starforce.

I loved flatout 1 and planned to get Flatout 2 (though I was a bit weary because of the whole riced up cars thingie they started to go towards) but hearing this about starforce, forget that.

Didn't they learn anything when everyone else started to drop starforce like bad habit? Even Ubisoft, hands down one of , if not THE biggest supporters of starforce dropped them because of all the people talking about it/not wanting it.

Killa_2327 said:
That is just not right, thats friggin rape. What makes this DVD drive so special?

Not much. It is the OEM direct replacement though. It also does ram which a bunch of notebook drives don't do.

Stiler said:
Fuck starforce.

I loved flatout 1 and planned to get Flatout 2 (though I was a bit weary because of the whole riced up cars thingie they started to go towards) but hearing this about starforce, forget that.

Didn't they learn anything when everyone else started to drop starforce like bad habit? Even Ubisoft, hands down one of , if not THE biggest supporters of starforce dropped them because of all the people talking about it/not wanting it.

Pretty much the same view as me. Also unless the fixed it if you uninstall the game it leaves starforce on the system.

Too bad to those that'll be missing it because of SF... The 1st game was so much good 'ol fun I went out and bought a Logitech DFP wheel just for that game. I'm looking forward to FO2.

I used to love the old NFS series, but imo they went downhill when they got all urban ghetto.

What are the system requirements for flatout 2? I thought I saw the same requirements as flatout 1's, but that can't be right. Does it support 1680 X 1050?

I will check. I run everything maxed out on my 7800 GT:s in SLI and I hit the fps lock at 100. 99 is lowest I ever ever get while racing. Doing the stunts for some reason it can dip a bit but not on the actual race tracks. Runs smooth like a dream.

And no I ain´t getting 100 fps solid all the time with my SLI setup ;)

Anyone else get this game? I have the original but was wondering how great the 2nd is. One think I liked about the first was playing multiplayer demo derby, but the variety of "tracks" or demo areas were lacking...only a few styles to choose from. How is this game type in FO2?

Loved FlatOut 1.. Would prolly love Flat Out 2.. But I am in the Starforce= No Sale crowd.. The only power I have to get rid of StarForce, is not buy games infected with it.. And hope enough others do the same.. Ubisoft already dropped SF, I hope other Devs/Pubs do the same..
Luckily Flat Out 1 uses safedisc v4.. Had it used SF, I never would have bought it..

I still play Flat Out 1.. Just for the bonus games.. I really get a kick out of high jump, you would think that it would get old, but I still find myself throwing my poor, beat up, no respect getting driver through the windshield high into the air..

todlerix said:
if u look on their forums it has star force 4 which is new and currently owning crackers.

The internet says otherwise with a "release" available! ;)

ll i played in the first one was the high jump for hours, after a few beers it was so funny watching the ragdoll getting his neck caught on the high jump bar.....ouch!! does the high jump make a return? are there any new bonus games?

Back