first pics of G80

phide said:
Oh, and the tentative 8800 cooler is ugly - while the 6800 Ultra's cooler is really quite striking :)
Because it has a pretty picture on it?

Ok, lets see what the 8800GTX looks like with a sticker. Here's a very quick Photoshop job:
1159518192134rm4ee0.png

Much better :D

haha. This thread reminds me of the speculation that people saw a missle hit the pentagon. :p

Unknown-One said:

Ok, lets see what the 8800GTX looks like with a sticker. Here's a very quick Photoshop job:
1159518192134rm4ee0.png

OMG THAT IS SO PRETTAH

Unknown-One said:

1159518192134rm4ee0.png

Lol you should have used vanishing point, the sticker is tilted on its side...Still gives a good idea of what it could look like though. (VP is quick)

The 6800 Ultra's cooler was almost "overkill" for the kind of heat the card put out.

Sure about that?

the 6800ultra was based on a larger lithography process, and to be able to hit 400-425 on that nv40 core, it had to be top binned too... The 6800ultra also used alot of juce too... especially for that time.

That was my favorite nvidia stock cooler... it is the only one that really has a decent memory cooling solution... and one you can keep attached if you want to put a water block on the card.

XSNiper said:
Lol you should have used vanishing point, the sticker is tilted on its side...Still gives a good idea of what it could look like though. (VP is quick)
I know, I saw that after I had already uploaded it. Oh well, maybe I'll redo it later if I'm board.

Any suggestions on a better background pic? The mermaid is getting kinda dated.

If i can run this with my 500W PSU then ill get it for sureeeeeeee otherwise im gonna break something >.<

Unknown-One said:
I know, I saw that after I had already uploaded it. Oh well, maybe I'll redo it later if I'm board.

Any suggestions on a better background pic? The mermaid is getting kinda dated.

Mad Mod Mike? :D

CrimandEvil said:
The cooler isn't big enough. ;)
I don’t know...I notice there's enough room for a full 16x9 widescreen image with how long the cooler is...

*pulls out mystic crystal ball* I predict a 3D hologram sticker on this new cooler with a framegrab from Nvidia’s latest tech-demo. ;)

Edit: Oh, and I redid that photoshop job on the sticker; I had to start over from scratch, but I think it came out better for it. I still need a longer image to cover the rest of the heatsink, though:

Edit2: Ok smarty pants, I just went back and fixed the text. I stole the sticker image off of a GeForce 6800 Ultra, the 8800GTX's heatsink shaped the same way, but inverted, so all the text also got inverted.

gf8fixed2hl1.png

J-M-E said:
The cooler reads....aidivn

IS THAT A NEW GRAPHICS CARD CORPORATION!?!?!
I can't get away with nothin around here :p. I fixed the image in my last post...

In any case, the point was to show the only reason people think its ugly is that fact that there was no pretty sticker.

ah nice, there we go.

*goes to find more things wrong with the image*

Considering that my current 7800GS touches my RAM already, this thing just may not fit in my case :eek:

Tomshardware will probably be the first to quad-SLI this thing.
Gonna need dual 2kw power supplies.

Ya know the hell of all this for me is that I am holding back upgrading and water cooling my comp because G80 appears to be imminent. Wish we new how close but we just have speculation. Could be this month, who knows. And most likely when they do hit the sellers will be gouging the living heck out of the price for a while. And I hate buying price gouged products.

What to do, what to do. There is that GX2..........................but then again maybe in a couple weeks.....................!

All these pics and product spec leaks and whatever......................is like Nvidia has a hook in my lip. They are trying to reel me in and I am thrashing around trying to figure out what to do.

Don't ya just love new computer stuff. :)

Sneak said:
Ya know the hell of all this for me is that I am holding back upgrading and water cooling my comp because G80 appears to be imminent. Wish we new how close but we just have speculation. Could be this month, who knows. And most likely when they do hit the sellers will be gouging the living heck out of the price for a while. And I hate buying price gouged products.

What to do, what to do. There is that GX2..........................but then again maybe in a couple weeks.....................!

All these pics and product spec leaks and whatever......................is like Nvidia has a hook in my lip. They are trying to reel me in and I am thrashing around trying to figure out what to do.

Don't ya just love new computer stuff. :)

There's a bit on the front page about the release date.

Thanks Ryan,
That time frame for release is not directly from Nvidia but still is probably about right. Doesn't help me much ohn my build. Could go eVGA GX2 now and do the upgrade thing. Or wait the 6 weeks out, will see. I wish they would formaly release the specs though. Would like to really know how much power it will use and everything else too.

But I am getting a kick out of the wild whirlwind of speculation. Much of it could be true too.

wow looks pretty sweet, and for all of you that care about asthetics , who cares how the card looks... its the performance that matters, the thing could made out of scrap metal for all I care as long as it does what its supposed to do .

benzino_86 said:
Tomshardware will probably be the first to quad-SLI this thing. Gonna need dual 2kw power supplies.
I'd figure a single PCP&C 1kw would work acceptably well, actually.

We'll see.

phide said:
I'd figure a single PCP&C 1kw would work acceptably well, actually.

We'll see.

not in SLI it wont, it has only 432W available on the graphics card 12V rail. My guess PCP&C will release either another 1KW version or a higher output unit.

PC power usage is getting WAY out of hand some thing needs to happen and soon
needing a 1kw+ PSU for home PC is insane

i dont even want to think what you would need for a quad SLi 8800 + 2x quad CPUs would need to power it

I advise people to wait and see what happens, worst case people end up with only one card and then upgrade thier PSU for SLI.

I speculate (ooh tha naughty word) that we'll be seeing SLI 2.0 certifired PSU's in the near future.

chris.c said:
Unfortunately I don't have any more drive bay real estate with a radiator and fans running along the inner top of my case. I would much rather see something like this:

<image not displayed>

Oh well.

As it states on my site, no direct linking please.

I have been known to replace images with something less pleasent.

worst cooler ever imo

its gonna take some wicked sick stickers to make that ft long monster pretty.

MrWizard6600 said:
worst cooler ever imo

its gonna take some wicked sick stickers to make that ft long monster pretty.

Well, since my P180B is windowless, I could care less.

ryan_975 said:
I speculate (ooh tha naughty word) that we'll be seeing SLI 2.0 certifired PSU's in the near future.

I'd say that's probably pretty accurate speculation! :)

Here's some more: I speculate that I will be buying and water cooling a G80 in the very near future.

Elios said:
DEAR LORD THATS BIG like Voodoo5 big
and TWO pcie power connectors for get quad SLi with any thing less then a 1kw PSU >.<

Well I guess I am ready for this beast with my 1KW power supply, too bad I don't have the money to buy one!!!. I guess I will stick with my 2 7950GX2's for a while longer.

:confused: :mad: :eek:

Back