• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

firestix 2gb $120

Firestix are in stock at Directron.com for $120 + shipping: http://www.directron.com/fsx800d2ck2g.html

I placed an order with them not too long ago for an AC Freezer Pro 7 and had no problems, got it on time. It looks like some people get a second chance to place an order.

Use coupon "SUPER200" for $7 off of $199+ sale for those ordering 2 kits.

Use "SUPER100" or "BEHAPPY" for $3 off of a $100+ purchase.
 
just got my sticks today.... at 800 right now... not upping yet. i eat and go on a little trip today. then i come back and go nuts on the oc. :D
 
Use coupon "SUPER200" for $7 off of $199+ sale for those ordering 2 kits.

Use "SUPER100" or "BEHAPPY" for $3 off of a $100+ purchase.

Nice coupons, works out to be slightly cheaper than ordering from BuffaloTech directly.

BTW, I just talked to Robyn at BuffaloTech and she's in the process of sending out tracking information to anyone who ordered the Firestix. She told me I'd get one within 30 minutes, so keep an eye out for that if you ordered a kit. My order shipped out yesterday apparently, although I'm just now getting the tracking info.
 
i have been out of the loop on the ddr2/am2 stuff.

how well do these work in the am2 boards.

might jump on it if they work good
 
i have been out of the loop on the ddr2/am2 stuff.

how well do these work in the am2 boards.

might jump on it if they work good

I haven't seen examples of them being used on AM2 boards, but they seem to OC quite well with C2Ds. I would think they'd be just as good on an AMD platform.
 
I haven't seen examples of them being used on AM2 boards, but they seem to OC quite well with C2Ds. I would think they'd be just as good on an AMD platform.

Oh man, I thought I was special and got a personal email from robyn with a tracking #... LoL. I get mine tomorrow before 430... but usually Fedex delivers a day early... so who knows.
 
Oh fyi, I asked buffalo if the direction modules are micron d9 and she said they are. Not that it necessarily means she cant be wrong but....

I ordered a pair from direction. It comes out cheaper than the buffalo direct deal by about $10 anyways. Im glad it was out of stock lol.
 
Oh fyi, I asked buffalo if the direction modules are micron d9 and she said they are. Not that it necessarily means she cant be wrong but....

I ordered a pair from direction. It comes out cheaper than the buffalo direct deal by about $10 anyways. Im glad it was out of stock lol.

That is excellent news. I ordered 2 kits and with the coupon basically gave me free commercial shipping to my work place.
 
The Firestix from Directron.com are now $102 (as they are said to be on sale for some reason).
Now its extra HOT :)
 
Canceled my first order at 119.99 each and placed a new one at 102 each. Thanks for the heads up. Going to start a new post for the directron link so people don't miss out.
 
Its in stock again at direction, ORDER NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
 
Yeah its OOS again already. :)

Youre right tho. Its people who ordered at the 120 price and canceling, so it keeps freeing up some stock. I canceled one order as well so..
 
Note: Requested quantity not available for some items at this time.
 
Crazy stuff with the Firestix over the last few days. On a positive note, just got my tracking number from Robyn at BuffaloTech. The people over there are doing a great job considering the barrage of orders they've been hit with. Estimated delivery for Monday :D

Now to wait for a nice sub-$120 deal on an e4300 and I'm all set...
 
Did you guys that ordered more than one kit get multiple tracking numbers? I ordered 4 kits in one order and have two tracking numbers. Either only two shipped or they split up the order.
 
Did you guys that ordered more than one kit get multiple tracking numbers? I ordered 4 kits in one order and have two tracking numbers. Either only two shipped or they split up the order.

Try calling up 1-800-967-0959, select Option #2 and ask to speak with Robyn. She's the one handling all the orders so she would be able to help you out with this.
 
Placed the order 12:05 PM Pacific time and still no cancellation. :) I wont get my hopes up though.
 
I got one tracking number for both of the kits I ordered. Supposed to be here this Friday.
 
Did you guys that ordered more than one kit get multiple tracking numbers? I ordered 4 kits in one order and have two tracking numbers. Either only two shipped or they split up the order.


your the reason they were sold out when i got home from work /cry :mad: :(
 
Herm....Well, while it is a nice price, within a week, ive seen some modules drop $50 so.... I could easily see them dropping more in 30 days.

Anyways $250? You can get brand new G.skill PC2-6400 HZ's which use even better Micron d9(GMH) chips for $174 with free shipping. Also outpost right now has those OCZ pc2-8500 (also micron d9 chips) for $169AR with free shipping. So this deal saves about $40-$50 currently, but in 30 days? I dont know man..... May see the g.skills drop or possible see firestix drop even more. Maybe see those expensive corsair and ocz PC2-8500 (also micron d9 chips) kits hit the $150 range by that time.


I prefer NCIX as there is no rebate crap to be worried about,I placed the order on the 17th and I am down for two kits.As for ram prices going down even more,I think not.... I bet you that 1 and 2 gig kits will be back to the pricing it was a few months ago,very soon.LCD prices and RAM prices will start to rise again soon,and will keep rising ... ;)
 
runnin at 900 4-4-4-12 2.1v right now... i'll up it a little later. :D
 
What that is the firestix? IT should be able to do around 1066 mhz at 4-4-4-12. Prolly take like 2.4-2.5volts though. Fairly sure that voids the warranty. Whatever that is worth heh.

Sort of a moot point if you ask me. You really dont need much past 900mhz or so. Get a decently high multiplier cpu and youre set. :p
 
your the reason they were sold out when i got home from work /cry :mad: :(

haha sorry. I only ordered the 4 kits from Buffalo and I was only going to get 2 but the website was just completely down almost so I had to open multiple windows and keep trying to add to cart and checkout and finally I got an open window and it went through to my cart but it did on two of the windows so I ended up with 4 kits. It was moving too slow to try and update my cart so I just worked on getting checked out. They had hundreds of orders that went through though.
 
What that is the firestix? IT should be able to do around 1066 mhz at 4-4-4-12. Prolly take like 2.4-2.5volts though. Fairly sure that voids the warranty. Whatever that is worth heh.

Sort of a moot point if you ask me. You really dont need much past 900mhz or so. Get a decently high multiplier cpu and youre set. :p

yah it will go higher. i'm just not in OC crazy mood right now. i think i killed some team xtreem ram the other day. so i'm wiggin out on the whole voltage thing at the moment. :D
 
yah it will go higher. i'm just not in OC crazy mood right now. i think i killed some team xtreem ram the other day. so i'm wiggin out on the whole voltage thing at the moment. :D

An excess of voltage definitely will kill memory or at least drastically shorten it's lifespan. Any time you're running higher voltages make sure you have a lot of cooling on the RAM.
 
An excess of voltage definitely will kill memory or at least drastically shorten it's lifespan. Any time you're running higher voltages make sure you have a lot of cooling on the RAM.

yah i had a 120mm fan blowing across both sticks... but funny thing is, is that they're both working fine now. wth? dang... i dont want to run memtest again. doh!
 
yeah, but 2.5v shouldn't be that bad, i dont know about firestix but geil advertises all their performance ddr2 to run @ 2.45-2.5v
 
Wow, what do you plan on doing with all those? See which one OCs the best and sell the others on eBay?

BTW, I got mine today as well. This is like Christmas in April.

I'm going to keep two kits and sell the other two for a profit. End up probably getting 4 gigs of Micron D9 for <$200 which is sweet.
 
What do your motherboards say for default? Mine lists it as ddr-667 & CPUZ rates it the same... PC2-5300.

manufacturer "Melco" *edit.... Melco "IS" Buffalo... LoL
Timings Table, 200, 266, 333... no 400.

The question is... will these bad boys run badass? I dunno, I just set it to pc2 6400 in the bios. :)

Whether or not they OC great, I might never know... I am just proud to own the infamous firestix... kekeke

On a serious note, i'll test them out later... but now, it's time to go to work. YAY!
 
Back
Top