firestix 2gb $120

I'm going to keep two kits and sell the other two for a profit. End up probably getting 4 gigs of Micron D9 for <$200 which is sweet.

This is exactly why people dont like posting hot deals for others. Youre supposed to buy ONE so others can get in on the deal, not buy 4 so you can sell them on ebay. Your purchase alone means 3 other people could have had a kit who didnt get one... sigh, some of you people just dont get it. Youve been here long enough id, think youd know that is seriously frowned upon.

This is exactly why people dont like posting hot deals for others. Youre supposed to buy ONE so others can get in on the deal, not buy 4 so you can sell them on ebay. Your purchase alone means 3 other people could have had a kit who didnt get one... sigh, some of you people just dont get it. Youve been here long enough id, think youd know that is seriously frowned upon.

I wanted 4 gigs for my rig I'm building so I added 2 kits to my cart. I'm a nice guy but I'm not going to give up a hot deal just so maybe someone else can get that extra kit that I want for myself. If that person would of been on earlier and ordered earlier then they would of got it. Getting in on hot deals is all by chance and being at the right place at the right time. If you're not there then you missed out. I would of updated my cart and only got the 2 but the site was being hit so hard I couldn't, so I focused on just buying what I had in my cart. One person could of easily came along behind me and bought 3 kits so only one person would of gotten them instead of three so it doesn't matter.

Sweet! Fedex attempted delievery today for my firestix. I wasn't even sure they had shipped yet. :) Just have to buy the rest of things except a case; I got the $60 Antec Nine Hundred. I was going to pull the trigger on the e6600 today from ZZF but it probably wouldn't have shipped until Monday anyway. This way I can wait and see if prices drop any further over the weekend and may end up getting it all from NewEgg or whoever is cheapest. May even grab a new HDD if the price is right.

All I can say is the Athlon 2500+ I have right now was a great, great computer. It'll go into service as a nice new HTPC. Good times, good times.

I got mine yesterday and ordered the day before.

I paid for the standard $6 shipping, but they came FedEx First OverNight. At 730am the next morning I had FedEx at my door with them.... AWESOME!

Fedex attempted to deliver mine totday but Im out of town. Will post overclocking results soon.

Directron ETA: April 26th..Whether they'll still be @ ~$120 or not, who knows.

You guys ALL missed his posts w/ voltages... He said, 2.5, 2.2, and 2.2 in that order :)

wow, 2.5 seems a little high for just 1060, especially at 5-5-5 timings. I thought the firestix would be better than that.

I had a set of d9gmh g.skill HZ's that did 4-4-4-4 1050 @ 2.3v

I currently have a set of d9gkx crucial branded memory on ebay that does 4-4-4-12 1000 @ 2.2v also.

and then i have my crucial anniversary right now doing 4-4-4-10 1036 @ 2.2v, they were stable at that timing with 2.2v at 1050+.

wow, 2.5 seems a little high for just 1060, especially at 5-5-5 timings. I thought the firestix would be better than that.

I had a set of d9gmh g.skill HZ's that did 4-4-4-4 1050 @ 2.3v

I currently have a set of d9gkx crucial branded memory on ebay that does 4-4-4-12 1000 @ 2.2v also.

and then i have my crucial anniversary right now doing 4-4-4-10 1036 @ 2.2v, they were stable at that timing with 2.2v at 1050+.

In case you havnt heard. Firestix are known for being more lowend micron d9's. OCZ/Gskill/corsair micron d9's are known for performing better. So that is possibly what you are seeing. The OCZ and Gskill micron d9 kits are definitely better. Of course, they are more expensive.

When it comes down to it, does it matter really? I mean, at stock speeds(800mhz), you can still oc 8x multiplier cpu to around 3.2ghz before even ocing the memory. So how high do you really need it to go. I mean, you are getting close to pc2-8500 performance for $100ish. Which is why firestix are great. :p

In case you havnt heard. Firestix are known for being more lowend micron d9's. OCZ/Gskill/corsair micron d9's are known for performing better. So that is possibly what you are seeing. The OCZ and Gskill micron d9 kits are definitely better. Of course, they are more expensive.

When it comes down to it, does it matter really? I mean, at stock speeds(800mhz), you can still oc 8x multiplier cpu to around 3.2ghz before even ocing the memory. So how high do you really need it to go. I mean, you are getting close to pc2-8500 performance for $100ish. :p

well i have definitely heard of firestix being lower binned micron's most likely, and also of the pcb not being as high quality, but i didn't expect them to need 2.4+ to hit 1050 at cas5. I guess i never really looked into them that much, i was all about getting pair of them about a month or two ago, then i heard about the pcb's not being as good as others, so i said forget it, and i tried a few other kits out also.

If you have a multiplier that is greater than 7, then they would be a good buy for sure, but i have an e6300, so might not be so great for me since i run at 1036 24/7 and i would prefer memory that does it at 2.2v since i notice memory starts getting noticeably warmer at 2.3v, even with a fan on them.

I know what you mean. I havnt bought my C2D yet, but ive been offered a E6300 for $130. Its hard to pass up. My only problem with it is that damn 7x multiplier, which means ill definitely need some ocing memory.

Which is why I really wished I was able to get the firestix, but nooooo. ;p

If you wanted to sell your firestix to me. :p If you want really nice ocing memory, outpost has that OCZ pc2-8500 sli ready cherry micron d9's for $169AR. :p Besides the firestix, that is the cheapest high ocing micrond9 kit around.

I know what you mean. I havnt bought my C2D yet, but ive been offered a E6300 for $130. Its hard to pass up. My only problem with it is that damn 7x multiplier, which means ill definitely need some ocing memory.

Which is why I really wished I was able to get the firestix, but nooooo. ;p

If you wanted to sell your firestix to me. :p If you want really nice ocing memory, outpost has that OCZ pc2-8500 sli ready cherry micron d9's for $169AR. :p

yeah, i know what you mean, i have tested out a few pairs of memory in the last week, along with making a few orders, canceling a few also.

I had the g.skill hz's, they weren't doing what i wanted since they needed 2.3v to run cas4 at over 1020, so i sent them back, ordered the ddr2 1000 ballistix from newegg last friday which was suppose to be the last day for the rebate on the form they had which now they have a new form, but i refused shipment on those since i thought i wasn't going to get the rebate.

I bought 6 1gb sticks of crucial 10th anniversary on tuesday, i kept 2, my two cousins took the other 4. I also picked up 2 1gb sticks of crucial/micron branded d9gkx which do 4-4-4-12 1000 @ 2.2v and they do 4-4-4-12 1050 @ 2.3v, that kit is up on ebay since i don't need the extra memory.

Took me a while to get a hold of memory i wanted to keep for my setup, but now i think i should be set.

2004690770895437522_rs.jpg

Yeah damn that is a high clock for E6300. What mobo is that on? Bet you got to watch your mobo temps eh?

That is only reason I cannot decide on cpu. I cant decide if I should just go the E4xx series which have a higher multiplier but are sslightly slower and dont necessarily oc as well. Or go for the E6300/6320 or E6400/6420. The higher multi will help relieve some stress on the mobo and memory. Right now I have no memory since both firestix deals fell through. Not sure what to get now.

Yeah damn that is a high clock for E6300. What mobo is that on? Bet you got to watch your mobo temps eh?

That is only reason I cannot decide on cpu. I cant decide if I should just go the E4xx series which have a higher multiplier but are sslightly slower and dont necessarily oc as well. Or go for the E6300/6320 or E6400/6420. The higher multi will help relieve some stress on the mobo and memory. Right now I have no memory since both firestix deals fell through. Not sure what to get now.

i personally would get the e6320/e6420/e6600 if i were to get a cpu, especially now since the e6600 dropped to $230.

i would have offered you or put up my d9gkx set on the for sale section here, but i thought i would just throw it up on ebay, that would have been a good set. I would have used them if i didn't have my crucial anniversary set.

and temps aren't too bad on my mobo, processor doesn't go over 65, it is the gigabyte ds3 rev 3.3

i can sell you my firestix since i bought geil ram and i want to keep that , $135

Wow.. I'm in total awe of your OC. Could you provide specs of your setup? I mean full on specs. Thanks

My DS3 won't run over 450fsb. Screenshots of bios settings would be awesome as well. Thanks!

SICK overclock.

Wow.. I'm in total awe of your OC. Could you provide specs of your setup? I mean full on specs. Thanks

My DS3 won't run over 450fsb. Screenshots of bios settings would be awesome as well. Thanks!

SICK overclock.

damn, and i was thinking of selling my e6300 for a 6320 or 6420 even though it is a huge chance on if the new processor will overclock as good as this one, plus i heard that it isn't much of a difference at all for the extra 2mb cache, so maybe i will just stick to my e6300 since most people think it is a good overclock for being on air cooling. I am sure it could even go higher if i had better cooling.

i will post pics of my bios settings in a little bit.

here are my bios settings on my ds3 rev 3.3 (using f11b bios)

2001267349549293479_rs.jpg

2001203951641821790_rs.jpg

2001201216549524035_rs.jpg

2001221184263574683_rs.jpg

2001226468107383565_rs.jpg

2001204272194814335_rs.jpg

2001290718533845667_rs.jpg

2001227352848681472_rs.jpg

2001223730000307219_rs.jpg

*saves* I will build upon this. Thanks!

I'm not sorry for hijacking this thread

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Firestix. Brand new, haven't been used. I determined I really don't need D9 ram and I'd prefer a decent DDR2-667 kit instead. $140 shipped with Priority Mail (2-3 days in U.S.). I'm charging a little more than what I paid, but this is only to cover shipping fees and Paypal fees that I'll be charged. If anyone is interested, I started a thread in the For Sale section:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1184891

Back