firestix 2gb $120

Wow. Good thing I haven't checked out yet at newegg with the wintec AMPO I have in my cart.. an extra 20 bucks for firestix?? if It's d9-GMH i'll flip my lid when it gets here..

Actually, I didnt bite, but talk about a helluva hot deal if they are D9's

126.25 shipped

will let you guys know what modules are when I get them (might call tomorrow anyways just to ask)

yeah, i am calling tomorrow morning for sure, hoping for d9's also, i ordered one kit as well as my cousin.

According to http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/ There is a small chance they aren't...

Also, they are back in stock at newegg, but not as hot as this.... I am thinking about biting anways since they are supposed to be good no matter what.

After checking the list & checking out on when ordering.. they are:
PC6400 Firestix FSX800D2C-K2G 5.0-5-5-X @ 2.1V and have either Micron D9GMH (B6-3) OR Elpida AG-6E-E (some)... I have my fingers crossed. :)

**edit... I ordered a pair, I will call tomorrow and see if anyone can confirm if they are D9GMH's... if not, i'll just cancel. Dunno :)

First off that ram list site, hardly ever gets updated. It doesnt necessarily stay current. So dont go by that.

Well if they arnt micron d9's, its not that hot of a deal. Theres tons of kits with tight timings for $120 lately.

Someone who ordered this, can you try to oc them to test if they are micron d9's? Then possibly post here please? Id be all over this if they are and I think others want to know.

According to http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/ There is a small chance they aren't...

Also, they are back in stock at newegg, but not as hot as this.... I am thinking about biting anways since they are supposed to be good no matter what.

After checking the list & checking out on when ordering.. they are:
PC6400 Firestix FSX800D2C-K2G 5.0-5-5-X @ 2.1V and have either Micron D9GMH (B6-3) OR Elpida AG-6E-E (some)... I have my fingers crossed. :)

**edit... I ordered a pair, I will call tomorrow and see if anyone can confirm if they are D9GMH's... if not, i'll just cancel. Dunno :)

the elpida has only been seen in one batch that was shipped to microcenter last november or so

ziddey, no it hasnt. Even check the user reviews on newegg, one guy posted saying he got elpida from them..... I know others who also got elpida from newegg.

how bad is elpida compared to like spec-3? or whatever is in geil or g.skill I forget.

Yeah someone get these and do some ocing test so we can know. Or better yet take the heatspreaders off. :)

just in time for me assembling a desktop.. First i get the 8800gts for $215 and now i get these, which are potentially D9, for only $120! mmmm Im liking this so far... Come on e6600 with a $200 instant savings!! (Hey i can hope.. )

Whered you get a 8800gts for $215? :)

Ya the thing about this deal is though, if they are micron d9's, its a very hot deal. However, if they are not, it is not that great of a deal. You can find 4-4-4-12 high performance EPP kits lately for this price.

I'm in for 1, thanks OP.

The way I see it is if I find out with enough certainty that they're not D9's I'll just refuse the shipment.

Whered you get a 8800gts for $215? :)

Ya the thing about this deal is though, if they are micron d9's, its a very hot deal. However, if they are not, it is not that great of a deal. You can find 4-4-4-12 high performance EPP kits lately for this price.

he got it from buy.com.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/sites/www.shopatbuffalotech.com/web/cart/include/func.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Too many connections in /home/sites/www.shopatbuffalotech.com/web/cart/include/func.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/sites/www.shopatbuffalotech.com/web/cart/include/func.php on line 47
Could not connect to SQL db

I hope I'm not the only one. :(

damnit this morning purchased a 8800gts and now firestix

....must ...resist :mad:

HOLY CRAP! I paid 189.99 for these last month! *kicks self repeatedly*

30%+ price drop!! It hurts.. real bad

Has anyone called and talked to them to verify the ram type? I'm planning on building a system after the intel price cuts so I may buy a set.

These are:
Buffalo FireStix 2gb set (2x1gb) FSX800D2C-K2G

Are these the same as the $160 ones on Newegg? Same IC?

ramlist lists them as:
PC6400 Firestix (FSX800D2C-K2G)
5.0-5-5-X @ 2.1V

Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
Elpida AG-6E-E (some)

Wow, that site has gone b a n a n a s. Too many hot deals on their website at one time I guess. Glad I ordered mine yesterday night when it took only a couple of minutes to put my order in.

even if this stuff isnt the d9's is it still good ram? i was going to get the Wintec Ampo but if this stuff is better i dont mind and extra $20 or so

ziddey, no it hasnt. Even check the user reviews on newegg, one guy posted saying he got elpida from them..... I know others who also got elpida from newegg.

Sorry Retsam, but I believe you are in correct.
First off why would you believe any newegg reviewers.
Half of them have no idea what they are talking about and they rate themselves as having high experience with computers.
Second off, have you called Buffalo?
Buffalo is one of the only companies who will tell you the ICs that they are using.
They were called multiple times when the newegg deals were going and confirmed that they were only using Micron D9s (low binned ones thats why they are sooo cheap).
They also confirmed that they only time they used Epilida was for Microcenter ONLY.

Now this batch I dont know about, but just call them up and ask.
They are happy to answer :)

Sorry if this comes across as me being an ass (it wasnt meant to be)

Just got off the phone with "Mike" from Buffalo's sales department, he confirmed that all of their PC6400 firestix use Micron's D9 chip. :D

Does anyone know, do they take phone orders? (seeing as the OP link is down, and I can't seem to navigate to the RAM area of their website)

Hello forum, it's my first post! yay!

I just got the website to load for about 30 seconds but i've been getting sql errors again. darn it. any suggestions people? i've got opera doing an automated refresh every 30 seconds but i'm not having any luck. :(

pants

just got off the phone from a sales rep.. supposingly they had a "pricing error", plus they wont do phone sales

Hello forum, it's my first post! yay!

I just got the website to load for about 30 seconds but i've been getting sql errors again. darn it. any suggestions people? i've got opera doing an automated refresh every 30 seconds but i'm not having any luck. :(

pants

Below may be the reason why:

just got off the phone from a sales rep.. supposingly they had a "pricing error", plus they wont do phone sales

OT: chinow182, did you get the stuff O.K.?

Back