Firefox 3.0.4 = garbage

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
Never have I seen a minor update crash constantly on sites I go to everyday. Hotmail, Facebook, THIS FORUM all make it crash on a consistant but random basis. I could be going from Hotmail to Newegg and it will crash, or Facebook to here and it will crash. Is this happening for anyone else? I finally got fed up and uninstalled it to switch back to IE7 for the time being. Here is hoping 3.0.5 will fix the problem I guess...specs are in sig.

Problem could be caused by addons. I am using Firefox 3.04, and having no issues.

No issues here, if anything it runs a bit faster than 3.0.3 on this XP Pro x64 installation of mine. I'd agree with the posters above that it's most likely an addon going haywire before I'd suspect the 3.0.4 update.

triple. 3.04 and no issues.

Hmmm...I don't think so. I had upgraded my hard drive in my gateway to the 320GB and hadn't put in any add-ons besides the flash plugin (which I know works fine). I was pretty stumped. The IEPro add-on for IE7 can hold me over for awhile I guess. Definitely makes IE a lot better.

Maybe its not the flash plugin but some of the flash content (adverts etc) that is buggy.
Of course you need to listen out for others experiencing the same problems but it cant harm to test disable flash and see if things improve.

Been running 3.0.4 since release day, haven't had a problem.

Running the following add-ons:

Fire.fm
Netcraft anti-phishing bar
noscript
adblock plus
AVG safe search
download helper
bitcrowd vid d/ler
weatherbug

SR

Works fine here.

Maybe a thread title change is in order? markt435=noobage :D

Hmmm...I don't think so. I had upgraded my hard drive in my gateway to the 320GB and hadn't put in any add-ons besides the flash plugin (which I know works fine). I was pretty stumped. The IEPro add-on for IE7 can hold me over for awhile I guess. Definitely makes IE a lot better.

mark, i suggest uninstalling IEPro, after trying it myself it made my browsers go apeshit with constant freezes and crashes

on the flip side i have not had one single issue with Firefox since the latest update......

the fact that you are having issues i think stems from IEPro, not FF

:D

funny-pictures-firefox-has-encountered-a-pop-up.jpg

I never really cared for Firefox. I used Opera until IE7 and IE7 has been working fine for me. Then I tried Google Chrome and so far I like it.

no problems at work nor at home with FF 3.0.4 (1 machine at work, 4 machines at home).

You might have a corrupted profile...Try making a new one and see if you're still having crashes?

Running FF 3.0.4 with a whole collection of addons to make FF look like Chrome (like the UI, don't like the lack of features), no problems whatsoever.

Running FF 3.0.4 with a whole collection of addons to make FF look like Chrome (like the UI, don't like the lack of features), no problems whatsoever.

Same. Chromifox is awesome. All the good looks and a lot of the functionality from Chrome but none of the auto-updating, crappy EULA, and calling home BS.

No crashing for me on 3.0.4. Then again all 3.0.x versions have been stable for me. So here's another vote for some addon or something else causing the crash.

personally, I can't stand firefox 3 at all. They're still sending updates for firefox 2. This has been a lot more stable for me, more aesthetically pleasing to me, and overall faster.

I believe I read something the other day that Mozilla plans to end support for Firefox 2.* in a few months, if not sooner. Might be a good idea to look into that for more info, and come to grips with Firefox 3. ;)

Not having any issues here. Run Firefox in Safe Mode to determine what's causing the issue. Do a Google search for instructions.

I have no problems with it. I get maybe 3-4 crashes per week, but that's because of the PIII and 384 MB of ram in the laptop I browse the web on.

Download 3.1 Beta 1

It;s alot faster! May not work with all the "add-on's" but it's faster then whats officially released.

Let FF do auto update to 3.0.4 and could not connect to the Internet. I just went back to 3.0.3 will try to figure out later if it's because of my add ons.

Is 3.0.4 a beta?

I still have 2.0.0.18 and just checked for updates to no avail?:(

3.0.4 Running smooth here, I think you get the point by now that it is your setup ;-D GL

Too bad Firefox 2.x support ends in December. After Google starts to promote Chrome and pulls funding for Firefox (which you know they will do), Firefox will die off. Too bad. I hope IE 8 is great, but I have my doubts. I haven't minded Firefox 3.x too much, but it doesn't feel like a finished product. I would just give up on the Internet, but as I have no life, that is not an option. :eek:

Hmm I also have been experiencing more crashes.

I use:
Gmail Notifier
Java Quick Starter...whats that?
Move Media Player
No Script

Have you upgraded to 3.0.6?

This.

Starting with version 3.0.1 I had some problems with Java crashing when I was working with my Procurve switches. 3.0.6 solved all the problems I was having. It has been 100% stable since the most recent upgrade, something Firefox never was for me before.

ok I had a similar experience with firefox 3.0, turns out since it uses so much memory I found out one of my memory modules was bad LOL

Back