Firefly (BluRay) - $18.99 @ Amazon Gold Box

amazing show, bought the dvd set and the dvd of the movie, then when i saw it on sale for bluray for 25 i think it was on amazon bought the tv show and the movie again lol

if you have not seen this show buy it its worth it

Wow, was the show ever broadcast in HD? I wonder if it's been remastered to 1080p...

I'm one of the three remaining geeks who has never seen the show so I've been looking to get it. This might just be the ticket!

Definitely worth it - if you are among the 1% of the geek/sci-fi population out there that have never watched this series, you are in for a treat.

New commentary... bought it just for that. I guess someone will get a slightly used Firefly set on DVD for Christmas... I think I have loaned and lost about 2 sets of the DVDs and given about 4 sets of the DVDs away as gifts.

Wow, was the show ever broadcast in HD? I wonder if it's been remastered to 1080p...

I'm one of the three remaining geeks who has never seen the show so I've been looking to get it. This might just be the ticket!

It was probably shot on film or HD so the source footage could can be used for 1080P.
I did read in the past that the space shots were still 480P and upconverted so they look soft on the BluRay.

here is a review over at Bluray.com
doesn't mention the effect shots, but it does say it was shot on Film.

I just ordered it since I really like this show.

In for 2, one to replace my current DVD (which will go on ebay) and one as a gift. Awesome deal! Thanks for posting!

I believe it was broadcast in HD in some locations outside the US (not 100% on that).

I've been holding off on this one since I already have (and love) the DVDs, and am somewhat disappointed that the scenes containing CGI are simply upscaled. That said, I love the show and 19 bucks for the Blu-ray copy is just too good to miss. Picked it up along with Days of Thunder on Blu-ray for my dad in order to qualify for FS.

It just gets cheaper and cheaper every time it shows up on Amazon Gold Box. Wow.

If you're even remotely thinking about seeing what the hype is about, pull the trigger. You won't be disappointed.

Great buy for a great show! I still need to watch Serenity.

Damn, fuck, I don't have it on Blu-ray but the one time I don't look at hotDeals, i miss something like this.

You have a moral imperative to watch this show if you haven't already.

My impulse buy for the day. Couldn't resist it on blu-ray. Took five seconds to talk myself into buying it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back