Fine, you win, I borged the War Room

DougLite

Supreme [H]ardness
Pics, GenMay subscription required (but so worth the $5): http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1012382

Well, I've got DC clients installed on all but two of my rigs. The holdouts are a Prescott 2.8A that has cooling issues and a crapper C3 800.

3700+ sig system: UD
3800+ X2: FAH 1x This is dad's rig, don't want him complaining about 100% CPU.
200x9 Mobile Barton HTPC: UD
200x6 Mobile Barton: FAH
2x Xeon 866: split between UD & FAH
2x PIII 550: split between UD & FAH
3.0C: FAH
2.8E: UD

These boxen can't run around the clock, but my production should jump a little from when I was just running the 200x6 FAH client :eek:

Guess I'll post my badges too:

UD badge isn't in the list yet :( My 3700+ has already turned in 17 points, should be up soon.

no we don't win, cancer research wins, and cancer itself loses. Awesome, I have no idea where all those computers can be, but as long as their folding fold on! Your probably gonna top me in about a week :)

UD stats only updates once a day, ~1:00 am CST ad far as I can tell.

rayman2k2 said:
can we get some pics here? please please pretty please?

There are pics, in the gen may subforum. :D

It can't be that hard to pony up $5 to support the [H]. If not, it's up to Douglite to decide if he wants to post anything in here.

Impressive list there. Now all you have to do is work on your pappy to get another client installed. Just eplain how much it will lower the heating bill.

Teaser:

Pictured are four of the boxen, the 3.0C, both of the Mobile Bartons, and crapper C3. Can you find them all? You'll have to sign up for GenMay to see the rest. Yes, there are five mattresses stacked on each other, a TV facing the wall, a 37" LCD on a computer cart, and a 65" HDTV all pictured. Anybody who makes fun of them will be slapped by a large trout and get a reach through from Moose.

DougLite said:
Teaser:

Pictured are four of the boxen, the 3.0C, both of the Mobile Bartons, and crapper C3. Can you find them all? You'll have to sign up for GenMay to see the rest. Yes, there are five mattresses stacked on each other, a TV facing the wall, a 37" LCD on a computer cart, and a 65" HDTV all pictured. Anybody who makes fun of them will be slapped by a large trout and get a reach through from Moose.

[ IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8871/sub7ac.jpg[/IMG][/ URL]

Nice pussy shot at the bottom! :D

DougLite said:
Teaser:

[IMG ]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8871/sub7ac.jpg[/ IMG]

Why is it that you can afford a million dollars worth of TV,s but not a bed? :D

I fear trout slapping from no man (and especially from no woman). Nice setup going. You need more, though. And to leave them on all the time. Trust me, it will bother you in your sleep. If your systems aren't folding 24/7, it eats away at you.

I recently had trouble with the watercooling on my main rig and could only have the machine on while I was in the room with it. I did not sleep well until I got something soldered and was able to leave the machine on 24/7 again.

I'm glad my nudge in the thread got you to fold, you lazy so and so. :cool: Score another one for cancer research!

Full Folding Ahead!

Time to see if Doug's systems are as [H]ard as his drives...

Ok, there is a pun in there someplace just not coming to me right now.

I've already had one stop responding. I forgot I had it set at 200x10.5 instead of 200x9. Dang you DFI and CMOS reloaded :(

Stanford needs to produce a client that'll utilize the HDD controller, Doug would shoot to the top of the list in no time :eek:

I have to ask. Not making fun mind you, but inquiring minds just have to fuckin know here!

Why is the TV facing the wall?

It's getting hot down here...

As for the TV facing the wall, it's not needed. We have 65" HD, 37" HD, and 55" SDTVs down there as it is. Anybody need a TV?

My main rig just pulled down a Rosetta, eight hours in its half done.

DougLite said:
As for the TV facing the wall, it's not needed. We have 65" HD, 37" HD, and 55" SDTVs down there as it is. Anybody need a TV?

Lol, I just assumed it was ashamed :)

DougLite said:

I doubt anyone is really going to tell you anything here you don't know... P4's being space heaters and all that.

One thing I've found with FAH is different cores can run systems hotter. QMD's are the worse (not being assigned my Stanford currently) followed by Gromacs. Anything using SSE2 seems to warm things up a bit more (using more transistors or what not). Running tinkers/ambers might be a touch cooler for you. No real way to target ambers currently, running timeless seems to yield tinkers on average currently.

Or, get a bigger window?

edit: UD no clue if different projects run warmer/cooler. I don't even know how to opt into different projects.

DougLite said:

My main rig just pulled down a Rosetta, eight hours in its half done.

I'd take if off your hands. You pay shipping :D

Turned in at least one Folding WU and at least four UD WUs today. Unfortunately, I have to turn off most of the boxen. Both of my Duallies, one of the Bartons, one of the P4s, and the X2 all have to be shut off :( That leaves the 2.8E, my sig rig, and the 200x6 Barton still in action. The 2.8 system will remain in action for sure (its always on anyway) and my sig rig should be efficient enough on power/heat to justify leaving it on. I may have to consent to having the secnd Barton rig shut down. The duallies are never going to see 24/7 operation under this roof, their environmental performance is horrible with numerous HDDs and Vantec Tornado level noise profiles (The Xeon rig has a "reduced noise" option in the BIOS, and it is _still_ the loudest of all of my boxen :rolleyes: ) Even I can't justify having 15 HDDs spininng away, at 10 watts a pop, on top of the other current required for four CPUs that are on the verge of being crappers.

It's already cooled off quite a bit in the War Room ;)

One of my Xeons pulled down a Rosetta. Given that it takes my sig rig 16 hours to hack through one, and my Xeons have limited up time, it may never get it done...are UD WUs timeless? My part time Barton HTPC is stable now that I've knocked the clock down to 200x9, a good day indeed :cool:

Back